Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » What game are you working on?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
What game are you working on?
ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Cool teaser. I've heard the sound that played over the logo before... I can't recall where though.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Nice teaser, really nice. I'm looking forward to play it.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Vasco Freitas
Member #6,904
February 2006

Thank you for your comments :) I forgot to mention, the teaser was made by Exitialis.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

VF: I was thinking that, at least I know he makes CGI films. Still you have for sure some work on it too. I hope you guys will make a demo soon.

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Eradicor
Member #2,992
December 2002

Mark Oates said:

Nice music! ;)

Heh.. you should know. :P Recycling from Firestorm :D Well its the same story after all. (the music is by Mark Oates)

OICW said:

I hope you guys will make a demo soon.

Working on it.

OICW said:

I know he makes CGI films.

Yeah.. amongst tons of other kind of Films and special effects for small time Independent films.

| Visit The site |
{Creating realms from dreams since 1995}

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Well ok, I said here that I've set all my projects on hold. Now it seems that it's not necessary true. I actually don't know how it happened (maybe you gave me motivation, maybe the boredom won over my laziness), I've restarted work on my recent project.

It's a turnbased strategy, which has simmilar game mechanics like Risk. So far I have functional economy and GUI prototype. Note that map generator need to be redone - it tends to split sectors and also produces small sectors. Also some work on graphics should be done.

{"name":"590647","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/b\/6b6e605a997d777ae7aa6dfc9d280c74.png","w":800,"h":600,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/b\/6b6e605a997d777ae7aa6dfc9d280c74"}590647

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Quote:

Recycling from Firestorm

Isn't that a film title they made up for Seinfeld?

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

Check this out Thomas (and yes it was).

Eradicor
Member #2,992
December 2002

http://www.finfilms.net/video.php?videoid=293
Thats the firestorm we are talking about.

| Visit The site |
{Creating realms from dreams since 1995}

bhagabhi
Member #1,660
November 2001

Working on my old Dungeon Master clone dotg -

{"name":"590659","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/6\/b61fbd5982e798b9c2aee213f65fe1f0.jpg","w":650,"h":505,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/6\/b61fbd5982e798b9c2aee213f65fe1f0"}590659

I have after a loooooong pause from it started working on it again - rewriting, implementing stuff nicer, you know the drill, and now finally a version 0.20 is in the making.

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Lookin' good. 8-)

Thomas Harte
Member #33
April 2000

Conveniently, I've just released the latest version of the emulator I wrote about (much) earlier in this thread. I won't bore people with details, except for these:

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

X-G- said:

96eff8999e456bab137d6a8aa645b1cf.thumb.jpg

That's seriously good considering the reduced # of colours. Using a different hue for each component really makes the things that need to stand out stand out. You should consider making gfx for mobile-phone games or anything needing that retro-look.

Michael Jensen said:

Yes, I do have roots in Denmark, but they're pretty far back if my understanding is correct. I'm told it means "Son of Jen," no idea if that's true.

It does. Before the Germanic peoples adopted the concept of a family-name, their children were referred to as X, son of Y. In Iceland, this practice continues to this day. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_name

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

Epsi
Member #5,731
April 2005

the required update for the XBOX 360 to play XNA games will be up on Monday ;D I can't wait... and yet I have a lot of work until then because I would like to reach the state as I was with the OpenGL game...

So I'm now playing with particles and additive blending ;D

{"name":"lgxnamm2.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/6\/6637675a952cb4d69b5ddf941b4d019d.png","w":496,"h":318,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/6\/6637675a952cb4d69b5ddf941b4d019d"}lgxnamm2.png

piccolo: "soon all new 2d alegro games will be better. after i finsh my MMRPG. my game will serve as a code reference. so you can understand and grab code from."
piccolo: "just wait until my invetion comes out its going to take the wii to the next leave of game play. it will run sony and microsoft out of busness if i dont let them use it aswell."

enric
Member #4,016
November 2003

I'm currently working on a Brainf*** optimizing compiler, can it be considered a game? I think so.

Go to: