Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Ok, so this MAY get trolled out of hand.....BUT

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Ok, so this MAY get trolled out of hand.....BUT
SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Can't believe you even bothered typing that, figured you would know that by now after being here 4 years. :-/

Calling you out on your stupid behavior never gets old.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

nope, still doesn't work

Add some transparent space:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

{"name":"facepalm_failure_by_epicfacepalm6000-d3ecd2v.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/6\/76845b89825264014c6ed034b4747670.jpg","w":750,"h":600,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/6\/76845b89825264014c6ed034b4747670"}facepalm_failure_by_epicfacepalm6000-d3ecd2v.jpg

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

SiegeLord said:

Calling you out on your stupid behavior never gets old.

Easily amused?

Stas B. said:

I love it how you're so proud of being a useless dick.

Yeah, but not as useless as having three threads in one month that have all boiled down to the same creation discussion. One thread wasn't even a religion thread and still somehow got derailed into a religion thread. I'm useless, but so is everyone else here as they are beating a dead horse across three threads and still stating the same point of views.

You find it amusing that an allegro/programming/game development site has been hung up on religion threads for a whole month now?

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

I wonder if there is a God, and if so, did he make the Universe? ???

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

bamccaig said:

repeatedly embedding Piccard and Riker

Geeks.

weapon_S
Member #7,859
October 2006

I'm fairly sure I've experienced things disappearing, but not actually seen them disappear.

Yes, same here. The math says things that big don't disappear (without tremendous force). Still, I find it very illustrative, and helps me keep an open-mind to this kind of meta-physical thinking.

I have been thinking on what it means if there were sort of a 'meta universe' from which ours spawned. Assuming that some 'force' alters a part of this meta universe 'slowly'[1] into what we can perceive, including space and time, it should leave traces of 'parts' of the universe which have 'less perceivable existence'. Assuming space and time were created when our universe was born, these 'parts' would have no correlation[2] to either space or time.
There is however a very strong correlation to time and (the) existence; it seems to begin and end[3] at a certain time. This implies that there is some correlation between the aforementioned meta-universe-force and time. In fact in this reasoning, space-time itself could be leaking into our universe. There might be some other reasoning/measurement, which makes this impossible, but I don't know it. If space-time leaked into our universe, it would (merely) shift the question to: "what is our universe?".
And as I pointed out in the notes, this assumes there is some fluctuation in the meta universe force.

bamccaig said:

repeatedly embedding Piccard and Riker

In the light of the "most annoying avatar" thread, I was thinking to have an animated GIF of an "infinite facepalm".

References

1. Or continuously. I can't put my finger on it, but I suspect that's a condition for things that happen. Looking back, it might be bullcrap.
  2. That's the word I was looking for earlier.
  3. Do we count total heat death as end? Can anything perceive anything else in that mess?
Stas B.
Member #9,615
March 2008

Yeah, but not as useless as having three threads in one month that have all boiled down to the same creation discussion. One thread wasn't even a religion thread and still somehow got derailed into a religion thread. I'm useless, but so is everyone else here as they are beating a dead horse across three threads and still stating the same point of views.

You find it amusing that an allegro/programming/game development site has been hung up on religion threads for a whole month now?

{"name":"cat_durr2.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/b\/eb0db6d90eee3c5421df29933fface24.jpg","w":400,"h":557,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/b\/eb0db6d90eee3c5421df29933fface24"}cat_durr2.jpg

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Circular arguments are circular,

{"name":"Lbl30.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/5\/f5ce892a027b264c2da2e09f4455645c.jpg","w":500,"h":333,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/5\/f5ce892a027b264c2da2e09f4455645c"}Lbl30.jpg

tempting as they may be.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I'm now very curious as to what a laptop would do if you actually plugged one of those in.

Would it short out? Would it lose some extra power through the cable?

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

@Arthur Kalliokoski ;D ;D 8-)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Would it short out? Would it lose some extra power through the cable?

If it didn't cause some sort of loop to happen, it would lose a lot of power because of all the conversions. First, most laptops like to charge at > 12V (I think mine is 19v or higher), then the dc->dc converter inside the laptop converts the power from the battery/ac adapter down to 12v, 5v, and 3.3 which isn't 100% efficient, thus losing power along the way. Then that cable would have to boost the USB's 5v @ 500mA power up to something like 20v @ 2A (or more), which I think is quite impossible, but even if it was, it'd be highly inefficiently.

So yeah.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

First, most laptops like to charge at > 12V (I think mine is 19v or higher), then the dc->dc converter inside the laptop converts the power from the battery/ac adapter down to 12v, 5v, and 3.3 which isn't 100% efficient, thus losing power along the way.

I really, REALLY wan't to come visit you and Jasper! And get high! (With you not Jasper!). Along with Edgar Reynaldo you're one of my top Allegroids, I like you Thomas! :P

editation: I made a you your you're woopsie.....again

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Dizzy Egg said:

I really, REALLY wan't to come visit you and Jasper! And get high! (With you not Jasper!). Along with Edgar Reynaldo you're one of my top Allegroids, I like you Thomas!

Herm?

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

If it didn't lose power, you'd just plaster the screen with solar cells to make a perpetual motion machine.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

If it didn't lose power, you'd just plaster the screen with solar cells to make a perpetual motion machine.

I love free energy! It's so awesome.

But thats an amusing thought. They actually are thinking of making mobile device screens with mini solar panels in the screens to generate power from the wasted light. It seems the glass panel and other bits of an LCD panel block 80% (or something) of the light emitted from the backlight. So some "bright" people thought it might be possible to recoup some of that energy.

--

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Makes one wonder about one's intelligence when they resort to pictures to express themselves rather than their vocabulary. ML can even verify that those three threads have dominated the forums this month (almost 600 posts between them while some of the threads asking for help or feedback have gone unanswered). Though makes one wonder intelligence too when you don't have the balls to verbally insult a person and rely on pics for it. Guess it is better than "I'm right, prove me wrong!" though.

Dizzy Egg said:

I wonder if there is a God, and if so, did he make the Universe? ???

If there is, no. According to the bible He made earth in the first six days and rested on the seventh day. Don't know about other religions, but I'm guessing they are similar. So that leaves big bang, aliens, or a bigger supreme being over God.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Though makes one wonder intelligence too when you don't have the balls to verbally insult a person and rely on pics for it.

{"name":"Fabulous-indeed.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/d\/fd9b411d87548c5299398fbd50d3bc18.jpg","w":493,"h":575,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/d\/fd9b411d87548c5299398fbd50d3bc18"}Fabulous-indeed.jpg

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

I would like to end the thread now, so please, listen and drift away...and endeth...ahhh...yes....ahem. Hello. :-[

video

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

A dog turd looks more fabulous than me. I don't worry about my looks. I keep shaved just so my wife doesn't go on about me having a beard.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Jeez, guys. Haven't you .m1425 { display: none; }'d yet? :P

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

A dog turd looks more fabulous than me.

Remember in the 80's when there were white ones?

Stas B.
Member #9,615
March 2008

Makes one wonder about one's intelligence when they resort to pictures to express themselves rather than their vocabulary.

Quote:

Though makes one wonder intelligence too when you don't have the balls to verbally insult a person and rely on pics for it.

Good points, Spencer Penix.
{"name":"youre-fucking-retarded2.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/3\/832037c60a085fc8270fa2edf66a61bf.jpg","w":600,"h":600,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/3\/832037c60a085fc8270fa2edf66a61bf"}youre-fucking-retarded2.jpg

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

gnolam said:

Jeez, guys. Haven't you .m1425 { display: none; }'d yet? :P

Nah, while annoying at times, I still have my moments ;).

It is just that most the guys here could tell instantly I was trolling, but Stas B. makes it too d@mn easy for me. I always hear that voice in my head saying, "Just because you can do it, does it mean you should do it?" Sadly it is drowned out by the answering voice screaming "YES!!!!!!". :P

Stas B. said:

Good points, Spencer Penix.

Yes you are retarded, but is it normal to post pictures about yourself? :-/ Explains so much about you posts now.

Go to: