Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Love letters - OR - Yet another failed thread about a woman...

Credits go to axilmar, Bruce Perry, Elias, Evert, Felix-The-Ghost, ImLeftFooted, Karadoc ~~, Mark Oates, OICW, SiegeLord, someone972, Trent Gamblin, type568, and van_houtte for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Love letters - OR - Yet another failed thread about a woman...
ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

I took bambam's advice and decided to drink my way into a stupor and out of love.

Excellent idea! You can wake up hung over and begin a plan to become attractive / in shape to attract the next girl. Bonus: You'll be aloof because of your distraction with the last girl (just know when to stop being aloof -- too much and you'll kill the new relationship).

1. Which of your (ex)girlfriends would you like to be with again if you could, and why?

2. What is your favorite beer / lager / ale?

1. There was one but then I got with her and realized the thing that attracted me was not having her. Afterwards I realized she wasn't someone I'd actually be into.

2. San Francisco has spoiled me with all of it's micro-brews. I used to like fat tire but than got tired of it. If I want a beer that's common place I'll go with Anchor Steam. Typically though I'll try some esoteric micro brew that the restaurant offers. There's too many so I never remember which ones are good, but man there are some amazing ones.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Evert said:

Gull: I hope, I really hope, that you manage to sort things out and can restore the love you had. But, I also hope that you (both of you!) have the strength to move on if that is how the cards play out, and not cling on solely for the sake of a memory of what you had. Here's hoping to the best, and wishing you strength and good luck!

Best analysis ever. I don't think we can in a near future restore anything. I damaged things so much...
Don't worry. I won't leave myself go down. I have friends IRL héhé. (that's a yellow héhé).

Now for the strength story... Alex is already out for a week. The doctor said so. She'll stay at her sister's house as it's too much to hold when I am around her.

It'll leave us some time for reflection, absorption, whatever. The next meeting is already planned and "I'm open to discussion" she said in the letter I found when coming back from work.

Miran: I'm afraid that love speaking it's already done.

FMC: Thanks. I take note.

Edgar: It's cute from you to try to convince me to save my first love. It's a pity I already have fscked up the whole thing, no matter how or what. If it's restarting, it'll be in a new period, even if it's still with Alex.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

when I told her 1) I don't want a baby

So far so good.

Quote:

2) It's because I know I don't love you enough

... what the fuck?

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

GullRaDriel, love is a made up word by women. Never say you don't love them enough, or whatever. It's just a word, so use it. In fact, you can be hitting them in the face, but if you say "I love you," then all is good.

If a woman is interested in you, all you have to do is keep using the L word, send her stupid things like dead flowers on every single anniversary (program it into your phone or something to automatically deliver them), impregnate her, and buy her enough expensive things to keep her from wanting another man.

So of course you will never love a woman as much as she loves you. It's just an irrational emotion that not everybody experiences. If you want a relationship to work, you just have to pretend you feel it too. All relationships are just built on telling the other person what they want to hear.

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

GullRaDriel, love is a made up word by women. Never say you don't love them enough, or whatever. It's just a word, so use it. In fact, you can be hitting them in the face, but if you say "I love you," then all is good.If a woman is interested in you, all you have to do is keep using the L word, send her stupid things like dead flowers on every single anniversary (program it into your phone or something to automatically deliver them), impregnate her, and buy her enough expensive things to keep her from wanting another man. So of course you will never love a woman as much as she loves you. It's just an irrational emotion that not everybody experiences. If you want a relationship to work, you just have to pretend you feel it too. All relationships are just built on telling the other person what they want to hear.

Someone should go and chisel this into a rock somewhere so the wisdom is never lost!

--
sig used to be here

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Quote:

Hrm... I wonder if those two are linked...

Obviously not, bamccaig is the counter-proof.

| Drink    | !Drink
-------+----------+-------------
Heart  | EVERYONE | ?
!Heart | bambams  | A few people

Bambams isn't the counterexample Neil was interested in ;)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Matthew: evil, mad, but true >:(

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Evert said:

I took bambam's advice and decided to drink my way into a stupor and out of love.

Horrible idea. Alcohol doesn't solve problems. Ever.

Agreed, it just worsens any depression you may already have.

Anyway, beer you say? In the recent time I've become fond of Svijany[1] which is a small brewery somewhere in the north. I try to stay away from Plzeň (or Pilsen in abroad) as it got bad for my taste.

References

1. Not that it'll tell you much :)

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

van_houtte
Member #11,605
January 2010

You will be ok.

-----
For assistance, please register and click on this link to PM a moderator

Sometimes you may have to send 3-4 messages

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

You were still posting coherently, so I don't think you drank enough. :-/

You can wake up hung over

If you wake up hung over, then you did something wrong. :o

van_houtte
Member #11,605
January 2010

I think you should try to get back with her, she seems like a nice girl, but I dont know the either of you well enough to make any reasonable assumptions.

http://www.definitions-marketing.com/Definition-Regle-des-20-80

Aucune femme peut te fair plaisir 100%, seulement, maximum 80%. C la condition humaine de vouloir le 20% qu'elle ne peut pas te donner, c ce qui te donnes l'envie d'aller autre part.

Either way, whatever happens and whichever path you take, if you are confident with your choice, you will survive and come out stronger.

-----
For assistance, please register and click on this link to PM a moderator

Sometimes you may have to send 3-4 messages

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

GullRaDriel: Well, in that case, then it's best to deal with this like adults, be rational, split everything you have down the middle and go your separate ways. I have a couple of friends who were in a similar situation about a year ago. Bought a flat together and all that but it just didn't work (they were a couple for more than 10 years!) Anyway, they didn't try to make things unnecessarily worse for each other, they handled the situation really well and they're both fine now. So yeah, these things happen and it's not the end of the world when they do. This can be the beginning of something new. :)

--
sig used to be here

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

First night lonesome at home. I can't say it was that bad. Of course everything I could have a look at was a reminder of what's going to be lost.

I have some long talk with friends, I finally was able to eat.

Days passing will help the both of us to accept the reality.

Meh, sorry Ed, I polluted your topic.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Look on on the bright side: at least you know what not to do in 15 years.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Heh. In an add with your comment Matt, I've just received a short powerpoint story which was saying that whatever the problem is we always have the choice.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Which of your (ex)girlfriends would you like to be with again if you could, and why? 2.
What is your favorite beer / lager / ale?

1. None of them and I let them know when I'm with them I never talk with Exs or girls with Kids or girls that don't let off the pum.
2. Real men drink Genesee.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

1. My first girlfriend and only girlfriend is now my wife so that is a moot question for me.
2. I don't drink alcohol.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Wow. Sorry to hear what you are going through GullRaDriel. I agree with Edgar that your best friend and someone you loved enough to marry would be something to fight for but I guess in the end you have to do what you have to do.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Evert said:

Horrible idea. Alcohol doesn't solve problems. Ever.
Well, I suppose it may disinfect things.

It can solve problems. For example, it can help to alleviate shyness. :P It can also help to relax you and make you care less. These can be useful if you must accept something that you refuse to accept. ;)

I do agree that alcohol is a bad idea though. It isn't a perfect solution. It's addictive and a depressant, and it's also expensive if you drink a lot.

BAF said:

You were still posting coherently, so I don't think you drank enough. :-/

I've actually found that you can be pretty damn coherent even when you're tanked. :P It isn't until I begin to approach the point of actually passing out that I struggle to be coherent. :P

BAF said:

If you wake up hung over, then you did something wrong. :o

If you don't wake up hung over then you either didn't drink enough or you're very strong willed (or you got lucky or ate a lot of appropriate foods). :P

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

bamccaig said:

For example, it can help to alleviate shyness. :P

Its use as a means to make it easier to get girls is greatly exaggerated.

Quote:

It can also help to relax you and make you care less. These can be useful if you must accept something that you refuse to accept. ;)

Which is exactly why it's not a solution.

Quote:

If you don't wake up hung over then you either didn't drink enough or you're very strong willed (or you got lucky or ate a lot of appropriate foods).

I always drink a couple of glasses of water. Does the trick for me.
Then again, I only drink in moderation anyway.

Oscar Giner
Member #2,207
April 2002

bamccaig said:

If you don't wake up hung over then you either didn't drink enough or you're very strong willed (or you got lucky or ate a lot of appropriate foods).

Eating food doesn't solve it, it just prolonger or postpones it. Drinking water is what you have to do, to prevent the dehydration that provokes the hung over.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Evert said:

Its use as a means to make it easier to get girls is greatly exaggerated.

Are you forgetting about getting the girls drunk? ???

I think it's quite effective in that way. :P

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Evert said:

I always drink a couple of glasses of water. Does the trick for me.

Water is a good idea too. :) It somewhat depends on circumstances whether I can drink water or eat something, so which ever is most comfortable/satisfying is what I'll do. :)

Eating food doesn't solve it, it just prolonger or postpones it. Drinking water is what you have to do, to prevent the dehydration that provokes the hung over.

Eating definitely can help to prevent it. I imagine because you slow the progress of the alcohol into your system. Water is important too, but sometimes it's not enough.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Well if you get a girl drunk to have sex or anything. Make sure she is so drunk she doesn't remember it. All it takes is a woman the next morning having a hang over telling police you got her drunk and raped her to screw your life up permanently.

Go to: