Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Love letters - OR - Yet another failed thread about a woman...

Credits go to axilmar, Bruce Perry, Elias, Evert, Felix-The-Ghost, ImLeftFooted, Karadoc ~~, Mark Oates, OICW, SiegeLord, someone972, Trent Gamblin, type568, and van_houtte for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Love letters - OR - Yet another failed thread about a woman...
Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

I'd probably pass out after half a bottle of vodka (unless I already puke from the taste of the first two shots) and then be unable to do anything at all for a week.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

miran said:

Hey, here's an idea for SH: drunkenhack! Drink a bottle of vodka, then make a game. Repeat every 24 hours for 3 days. :D

That'd be fun as shit ;D;D;D

Which of your (ex)girlfriends would you like to be with again if you could, and why?

I'll bite. There's a girl I dated for a short while a couple years ago. I wouldn't mind running into her again. She was the first tiny girl I ever dated, almost a foot smaller than me and probably less than 100 lbs. She was beautiful, and feisty.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Are you sure she was even 18 years old? ???

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Two years older than I.

My mom asked, too.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Were you at least 16 at the time? 8-)

Anyway, to answer Edgar's question: none. I'm very happy to be single. If I stumble upon a rich woman who can tolerate me, then perhaps I'll reconsider.

But every time I go to the grocery store and see whiny kids asking for this and that, all I can think about is, "I'm glad I have no kids." :P

Striker
Member #10,701
February 2009

Which of your (ex)girlfriends would you like to be with again if you could, and why?

I knew a lot of girls (more or less) and few were very sexy. Sometimes i am thinking about to meet them again. Like you to maybe do some things with them i have missed. But you can`t get back the past. I am 48. The girls from my school time are in different worlds now. Anyway there are lots of others, and even better ones.

But after all material world is limited. I believe girls here are only limited copies of prototypes that exist in another world. So why bother around too much with the copies? Maybe we can get in contact with the prototypes. ???

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

This found its way to my Facebook stream about a week ago.

{"name":"tumblr_lu3cdyPyMZ1qg32txo1_400.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/4\/d4a194b949b53523935aa93747a8245c.jpg","w":313,"h":320,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/4\/d4a194b949b53523935aa93747a8245c"}tumblr_lu3cdyPyMZ1qg32txo1_400.jpg

--

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Karadoc ~~
Member #2,749
September 2002

1. Which of your (ex)girlfriends would you like to be with again if you could, and why?

2. What is your favorite beer / lager / ale?

1. Well.. I'm sorry to be a spoilsport, but I don't feel comfortable talking about that in such a public place.

2. I don't really have a favourite... and I don't even remember what I like very well. I like to have different beers at different times. Little Creatures comes to mind as one of the beers I like - but I don't think I'd give it favourite status. Usually, I'd probably prefer a strong mix of chinotto and vodka.

-----------

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Striker said:

I am 48. The girls from my school time are in different worlds now. Anyway there are lots of others, and even better ones.

Yes, that's the best thing about schoolgirls. You get older every year, but they always stay the same age.

--
sig used to be here

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

mixing it is the way to go

Best whisky/whiskey: drink it like cognac
Next to best: drink it on the rocks
Next to that: mix with icewater + rocks
Next to that: mix with anything to make it taste better, but really consider using vodka instead

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I may have done a stupid thing too this week.

I was doubting since some few month, an old doubt I was already having tree years ago.

That time I didn't kept it for me. I shared what I had with my (still) wife.

I think I broke up everything. Now I oscillate between feeling depressed and feeling relieved.

I don't know where I am going with that story. We have a flat we bought, we're just married (26 Fev of this year) and we were planning a baby.

I fucked up the whole package.

I should have opened my own thread but didn't feel like I should.

You may miss my posts for a time. I may still post from work but I can't ensure you that I'll have the mood to do so.

:(

Edited

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Striker
Member #10,701
February 2009

Give her a 1000 dollar diamond ring.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

1. Which of your (ex)girlfriends would you like to be with again if you could, and why?

N/A. :-[

I've mostly drank Carling and Budweiser. Carling is a bit cheaper (i.,e, ~$30 vs. ~$40). I think that Budweiser tends to give me worse hangovers, but perhaps I just think that way because it's been so long since I've had any. I bought a 20 bottle case the other day and had more trouble than usual drinking it, but that is to be expected when you switch beers. In any case, Carling is cheaper, and at least as good, so I'll stick to that again. :) Errr, I mean...

{"name":"kbeer0001.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/9\/99a987b5cc5829b17589c5effec893a2.jpg","w":353,"h":310,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/9\/99a987b5cc5829b17589c5effec893a2"}kbeer0001.jpg

My brother introduced me to rye and pepsi the other day, which was quite a lot easier to drink than I expected. That said, I am unqualified to mix my own drinks. :P

Anyway, to answer Edgar's question: none. I'm very happy to be single. If I stumble upon a rich woman who can tolerate me, then perhaps I'll reconsider.

But every time I go to the grocery store and see whiny kids asking for this and that, all I can think about is, "I'm glad I have no kids." :P

Same. While it sounds like it would be great to have a girlfriend/wife, the reality that I see is that it sucks: it costs a lot more money, it's a lot more stressful, and the good bits that you wanted it for are held at arms length for special negotiations. :P Every time I hear a woman nagging a man (or visa-versa) it just sends a chill up my spine. No, thank you! :-/ Hearing children running around or whining is even more annoying. :P

I'm still interested in meeting women, but I'm not beating myself up over not having met one either. I kind of feel bad for the guys that did. Like they walked into a trap or something...

I think I broke up everything. Now I oscillate between feeling depressed and feeling relieved.

:(

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Sorry to hear that Gull, want to share?
You're a really nice couple, i hope things get fixed!

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

bamccaig said:

While it sounds like it would be great to have a girlfriend/wife, the reality that I see is that it sucks

:/

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Edgar... hell yeah. I didn't have a fight, we have multiple verbal fights when I told her 1) I don't want a baby 2) It's because I know I don't love you enough

FMC: You can't know how terrible I feel. I mean, I'm the evil. I told her I do not love her enough. Being a nice couple isn't enough if your heart isn't any more on it. If it ever get fixed, it'll be in another story with her. I'm afraid that I'll not fix that one. Mainly because I think it would be stupid from me to do so now. I don't feel like I should continue with her, plus the whole thing is already stated.

It's fresh, it happened on Saturday 5 at dinner time. We still need to talk about it. We are still living under the same roof, sharing the house. It's pretty hard to resist.

It's kind of depressing because I like her a lot, she's my best friend, I nearly have passed the whole ten last years with her. I just feel like it cannot be us any more, and I'm crying my ass because I don't see any other door.

Maybe later. :'(

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

I'm really really sorry Gull, i can understand how you feel. If you ever need a vacation in Rome be sure i'll be glad to take you around. :)

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

we have multiple verbal fights when I told her 1) I don't want a baby 2) It's because I know I don't love you enough

Are you sure you don't love her more than you think you do? You've known her for 10 years, and you married her. Surely you love her more than you think you do right now. Are you sure you're just not ready to have a child yet? It's natural to be apprehensive to such a large commitment. It doesn't mean that you don't love her anymore or enough.

GullRaDriel said:

I don't feel like I should continue with her, plus the whole thing is already stated.

You said she's your best friend right? Who else would you rather be with but her? Don't give up so easily. I don't know anything, but I don't think marriage would ever be as easy as it looks. You might just be in a slump right now, and if you give it time, it will pass, and you can both get past this. Someday it will just be a memory and you will both have forgiven / forgotten about it.

GullRaDriel said:

I just feel like it cannot be us any more, and I'm crying my because I don't see any other door.

You have two options :

1. Leave the woman you love more than anyone else. But what for? What would you be looking for instead of her?

2. Man up, apologize, and fight to keep her.

I really hope things work out the best for you G. I totally destroyed any chance I ever had of having any kind of relationship at all with the woman that I love, so don't follow in my footsteps.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

1. I have no exes to pine over

2. I don't drink

Hrm... I wonder if those two are linked...

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Hrm... I wonder if those two are linked...

Obviously not, bamccaig is the counter-proof.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Elias said:

Obviously not, bamccaig is the counter-proof.

Hooray! >finds a beautiful, witty, intelligent young woman and starts dating her<

:P

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

@GullRaDriel: :o That's really bad news. I hope you can still make it work. Don't throw away things that took 10 years to build.

--
sig used to be here

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

I took bambam's advice and decided to drink my way into a stupor and out of love.

Horrible idea. Alcohol doesn't solve problems. Ever.
Well, I suppose it may disinfect things.

None. When it ends it ends for a reason and usually it's for the best. Besides, the one I have is fantastic.

Quote:

What is your favorite beer / lager / ale?

None, I don't drink beer.

Anyway,

Gull: I hope, I really hope, that you manage to sort things out and can restore the love you had. But, I also hope that you (both of you!) have the strength to move on if that is how the cards play out, and not cling on solely for the sake of a memory of what you had. Here's hoping to the best, and wishing you strength and good luck!

Go to: