Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » I Guess My Parachute Opened?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
I Guess My Parachute Opened?
Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

That... OR he should just forget about her. If it does not feel natural for him and if it feels awkward and uncomfortable for him to approach her in any way at any time at all, he should not pursue this any further.

Besides, she has a boyfriend, so there will only be tears in the end anyway.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

That's an idea. If there's anyone else at a.cc living close to you get them to stalk her visibly to the point of terror then bamccaig happens to be in the neighbourhood, scares him away and wins the girl. Hurrah.

That could work bamccaig and I live at opposite ends of the same town...

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

:o:o:o dude! do it! This could be an epic thread!

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

If I want to get a girl I show her how I play my piano while working out on the Bow Jet. Gets them every time. ;)

In capitalist America bank robs you.

van_houtte
Member #11,605
January 2010

Samuel, really dude, you should give him some pointers (not c pointers)

-----
For assistance, please register and click on this link to PM a moderator

Sometimes you may have to send 3-4 messages

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Ignore her and hit on 5 other girls. It's what she wants you to do and it'll be better for you.

You can't obsess over a single transaction, focus on the macro elements to achieve success.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

I corrected Arthur's chart.
{"name":"604152","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/e\/fe1928e56c04873e5f745ee3ef988872.png","w":783,"h":505,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/e\/fe1928e56c04873e5f745ee3ef988872"}604152

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

You missed "Be a real French guy", which was working like mad when I met anglo-girls ;-p

Edit: fixed a typo.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

You missed "Be a real French guy", which was working like mad when I met anglo-girls ;-p

I'm afraid to ask, but what does that entail? By the way, says a man who had recently a "game over" :P ;D

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Hmm... Interesting idea.

I vondair eef I could poule deece awf?

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

You think Gull would ask?

Poule deece awf ochr I veel tell ze poleece you smuck geechr.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

It's like wiping your ass with silk ...

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

It's like wiping your ass with silk ...

"How was the toilet paper?"
"Soft as an angel's fart."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

I'd put my penis in a sub, walk in holding it and ask her if she fancies a nibble. Then again I've been single for a few years now.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

van_houtte
Member #11,605
January 2010

requesting an update

-----
For assistance, please register and click on this link to PM a moderator

Sometimes you may have to send 3-4 messages

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

There is no update. :P I haven't gone to get a sub since then. :) Mostly because I'm trying to save some money and buying a sub is more expensive so I only do it occasionally. And for the past two weeks or so I've been going regularly to see a chiropractor so I have less money than normal to spend. :) In any case, I intend to just keep it business unless she brings it up.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Ironically, that's probably the best way to get the girl.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Ironically, that's probably the best way to get the girl.

While playing hard to get can work, in this instance she'd have to hunt down his place of work to interact with him. Unless she was already following him back to work from the sub shop earlier.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

bamccaig said:

There is no update. :P I haven't gone to get a sub since then.

You lose her number?

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

You lose her number?

I still have it, but I don't plan to call it. :P She wouldn't even know who was calling, and after explaining that to her (hoping she hadn't forgotten), I'd still have a hard time figuring out anything to do with her as just friends. :P Anything with just the two of us would be like a date so she (and her boyfriend) would probably be uncomfortable with that. Besides all that, the friend-zone sucks. :P

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

There is no update. :P I haven't gone to get a sub since then. :)

Be aware that there is a limited-time opportunity for you to pick things up again. If you ask for her phone number and then disappear for a month, it's not going to look good.

bamccaig said:

She wouldn't even know who was calling, and after explaining that to her (hoping she hadn't forgotten),

She hasn't forgotten.
She may have decided that you lost interest, but she hasn't forgotten.

Quote:

I'd still have a hard time figuring out anything to do with her as just friends.

That's why you decide ahead of time what you're going to do, and you just ask her along. If you can't do coffee, then asking her as part of a group is probably the best thing to do that needn't feel completely awkward (depending on how social she is).

Quote:

Anything with just the two of us would be like a date so she (and her boyfriend) would probably be uncomfortable with that.

Don't try to think for someone else. They're perfectly capable of doing it themselves, you get yourself worked up, and you may get it wrong. If she feels uncomfortable about it, she may just say no. If she doesn't say no and is still uncomfortable, then she probably won't say yes again. Either way, nothing lost by giving it a go.

Quote:

Besides all that, the friend-zone sucks.

Are you planning to marry this girl, or planning to talk to her so you get more comfortable talking to people, in particular, women?
If the former, then it's a bad situation. If it's the latter, not so much.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Pussy.

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Why isn't there an algorithm for getting women :(

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I'm sure there is, but in my experience it's inversely correlated with how much you want to get women.

--

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

jmasterx said:

Why isn't there an algorithm for getting women

It's pretty simple. If you don't have enough money to afford a real girlfriend, then just call your local pimp. :-/

I'm sure there is, but in my experience it's inversely correlated with how much you want to get women.

Tell me about it. I have to go out of my way to avoid all the women who want me. >:(

Go to: