Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Yet another Minecraft Thread - Halloween Update Incoming!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Yet another Minecraft Thread - Halloween Update Incoming!
Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Heh, I nearly have a double chest full of cobble stone... And when I'm not near a chest, I just throw it away randomly ;D

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Heh, I nearly have a double chest full of cobble stone... And when I'm not near a chest, I just throw it away randomly

Conversely, I never throw anything away. I have about 5 double chests of cobblestone between my outposts.

Hmmm... it just occurred to me that it would be really neat to have a tool (standalone or in game) that creates a list of everything the player has in his inventory and chests...

One immediate issue I see is that it would be hard to differentiate between player created chests, and naturally occurring chests (in dungeons).

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Conversely, I never throw anything away. I have about 5 double chests of cobblestone between my outposts.

I only get rid of cobble stone or gravel/sand when I'm no where NEAR any of my bases, and I'm still mining, and NEED room for coal, iron and whatnot.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

I only get rid of cobble stone or gravel/sand when I'm no where NEAR any of my bases, and I'm still mining, and NEED room for coal, iron and whatnot.

When this happens I bore out a room and drop some chests down. Usually I will need to temporarily drop some cobblestone/dirt/gravel to make room for the chest though.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

When this happens I bore out a room and drop some chests down. Usually I will need to temporarily drop some cobblestone/dirt/gravel to make room for the chest though.

I tend to have an issue with my concentration and memory, so I can't just plop down random rooms and expect to find them or even remember them later. I has to have a plan ;D

--

someone972
Member #7,719
August 2006

New server software is up, so no more playing on cgamesplay.com until someone updates it. I'd like to try hosting a server for a couple hours just to see how well my computer could handle it, but at the moment all 4 of my ram sticks are bad in some way, I'm currently running one gig (and will be RMA all four soon).

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why. -Unknown
I have recklessly set in motion a chain of events with the potential to so-drastically change the path of my life that I can only find it to be beautifully frightening.

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

So, who here has mined their entire world and put it into chests?

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

So, who here has mined their entire world and put it into chests?

Pamela Anderson tried that (silicon is the most abundant element on Earth after oxygen) but failed.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

I guess everyone's seen the ALU, but it appears someone built a complete CPU as well. :o

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Wow. Very nice.

I have stacks upon stacks of redstone; I need to figure out something to do with it ...

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I have stacks upon stacks of redstone; I need to figure out something to do with it ...

Firewall.

Erikster
Member #9,510
February 2008

gnolam said:

I guess everyone's seen the ALU, but it appears someone built a complete CPU as well.

I'm jelly.

How long will it be until people are playing Pong against an AI on Minecraft? o.O

Cat! I'm a kitty cat. And I dance dance dance, and I dance dance dance.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

If one of those sheep are the ball, I'm in for that. I HATE THOSE STUPID FN SHEEP!

--

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

I turn all my cobblestone back into stone so it's prettier. As a bonus it gives you something to do with it.

Anyone else figure out that buckets of lava can be used in the furnace?

CursedTyrant
Member #7,080
April 2006

Seriously? How long does it last? :o

---------
Signature.
----
[My Website] | [My YouTube Channel]

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Yes, but it uses the bucket AND the lava, so it's a waste of resources. If you have a lot of extra coal, you're probably better off using that. Unless I have a lot of coal, I tend to use wood planks. They burn for the same length of time as a piece of raw wood, so it's like adding more burn time for free.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Seriously? How long does it last?

It lasts 1000 seconds. Each operation (smelting, cooking) takes 10 seconds, so it can produce up to 100 items.

Aside from destroying the metal bucket, another caveat is that you need to back in time to drop more raw materials and collect the processed items to reach full potential.

I use coal for smelting and only smelt when I have a multiple of 8 ore. For cooking food I use wood.

Go to: