Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » I don't get women at all

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
I don't get women at all
Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

Sadly, situations like this happen to people before they get higher education where you learn to criticize your sources.

I haven't seen "higher education" prevent or minimalize miscommunication (which always tends to lead to tense situations). There's been several times where I've told people, "hold up, have you actually confronted the person being talked about?" which they usually say "no." Then I say, "you don't really have grounds for argument until you've (politely) talked to them." Sometimes they take my advice, sometimes they don't. And when I say "they", I mean women. I haven't really had to explain this to a male because they typically don't care about what "he/she says about you-know-who". Yes, I know, that's an unfair generalization, but the ratio of having this conversation between men/women is heavily weighed towards women in my case and that's the truth.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

Quote:

I haven't seen "higher education" prevent or minimalize miscommunication (which always tends to lead to tense situations).

My theory is that people get so fucked up before higher education that they simply can't change their ways.

I, who have not meddled in the affairs of love, have managed to keep my mind relatively sane. Considering how fucked up my mind is, I think ordinary people must've simple cracked under the pressure of insanity and formed some kind of new twisted logic system so that they can survive the incredible idiocy one has to deal with to achieve reproduction.

Joel Pettersson
Member #4,187
January 2004

Quote:

Never assume anything! In many cases, the person is only angry at you because they have been misinformed or have misunderstood information.

As for incorrect assumptions, such they make as well, based on what - often little or innaccurate - they know. Knowing this, and knowing yourself to be careful with your assumptions helps you deal with them, indeed, but it doesn't solve the source of the issue - they making assumptions themselves to begin with. So while you can improve the outcome, the only way to minimize such situations is to minimize your involvement with such people. As a general rule, the more social the person, the greater the irrationality. (dealing with the ones that hang around in their little groups all day smalltalking is typically best avoided like the plague) Also, the more social the person, the more often they will end up hearing misinformation or unclear or incomplete information which they could jump to conclusions based upon - not to mention spread it.

Quote:

Yes, I know, that's an unfair generalization, but the ratio of having this conversation between men/women is heavily weighed towards women in my case and that's the truth.

Probably linked to the fact that the average woman both relies more on social instincts and is more social than the average man, hearing, spreading, and uncritically taking in more garbage.

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

My main guideline in life is to not care. Which means that I don't do anything unless it's either fun at the moment or it's something that absolutely must be done.

Arguing is in my opinion a complete waste of time, unless I have nothing better to do, and if I ever argue and think about what I've said afterwards I find that almost everything that came out was pure bullshit.
So don't argue, use reason and prepare to be wrong 90% of the time. The human brain sucks, it tends to come to all possible wrong conclusions before finding the right one.

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

I need more help understanding women.

Today I was back home (where that girl also happens to live) for the first time after a couple of weeks, so I thought I'd call her so we could maybe get together over a cup of coffee or something (like good friends are known to do on occasion). She didn't even answer the phone! I called three times over a period of two hours and she didn't answer any of my calls or call back and I'm pretty sure she can't have been far from her phone. This can only mean one thing - for some reason she's angry with me. The problem is I have no idea what I could have done to piss her off! I talked to her on monday and all was fine and I haven't heard from here since. All I did was send here some "funny emails" (she's one of those people who like to get this kind of mail). I can only assume she was offended by one of those mails or something, but I don't think that's it.

Well, it's not like I care or anything, I just think it's strange, that's all...

--
sig used to be here

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

how often did you send them. do you still have the links to them post them if you do. which one you think wound a fend her if any would.

also how many.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

This can only mean one thing - for some reason she's angry with me.

That's a risky assumption. That might not be the case at all. You're gonna have to have some patience, or she's going to start making assumptions based on your actions.

------------

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Miran: don't worry I know at least one girl who is somehow "offended" by me. I don't even know why. We used to have interesting conversations on Icq, but then suddenly she began to be really cold, and she's been answering like "Well, goodbye." I still don't know what happened.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

how often did you send them. do you still have the links to them post them if you do. which one you think wound a fend her if any would.

also how many.

Six in total, but she repeteadly asked me to send her funny stuff.

One of them was a simple message saying something like:

"NEWSFLASH! Scientists discover how female brain works" and then a link to this page: http://www.newportharbor.us/computerworks.htm, which should be familiar to most a.cc regulars. Shouldn't be offensive but you never know.

Then there were three stories written by a very funny guy. The text is all in Slovenian so there's no point in me pasting it here but the titles were "20 reasons why I don't want to be a woman", "20 things I envy women" and "20 things straight men can envy gays" so you can imagine how funny (and politically incorrect) they were. Also this girl doesn't really have much of a sense of humor, so I suspect one or more of those did it.

The other two were pretty harmless videos but they were both a little over 2 MB, so I might have filled up he inbox.

Another possibility is that she discovered this thread. :-X

--
sig used to be here

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

if she is begging that is good, still don't do not send so frequently let her beg. send no more then one every 2 day. if she is sending you stuff as well the numbers will change but still do not send more then she is sending you. if she sends a good one you can send a little note reply saying " I'm dumb!.. girl your crazy what web site did you find that one on " if you make typos in your short replys it is good because its show that you did not put obsessives thought into the reply (it looks more natural) but make sure she can still understand it though.Now about your content.. well i would not send that type of stuff to any of the girls i know. because your content seem to set a hidden theme. example that type of stuff would be cool for someone like wearetheborg only because you know she always jokes about that topic in these types of threads. but if you don't joke with her about that stuff i wound not send it to her.

i don't know much about that girl but with my current knowledge of her i would send stuff like this:

http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/270909735_3d641143ff.jpg

http://www.funnycatpix.com/_pics/tech_support_cat.jpg

if she in school writing a lot of papers ill also send this.
http://123pichosting.com/images/236spell%20check.jpg

if you want to wanted to make a advance on her ill send some of the "sealing cat whachts you masturbate" stuff

offtopic but good to know.
edit: a girl that likes you laughs at any thing you say even if its not funny.

edit:

she could of been reviewing the emales with a friend

then the friend mite have clued her on about the hidden messages

My choice of pics are: funny and cute at the same time
girls like cute

wow

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

if you want to wanted to make a advance on her ill said some of the sealing cat whachts you masturbate stuff

You'll do what? And to who? Wow, I don't know what you're saying here at all!

Funny (and good choice of) pics though. ;D

------------

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Quote:

Quote:
if you want to wanted to make a advance on her ill said some of the sealing cat whachts you masturbate stuff
You'll do what? And to who? Wow, I don't know what you're saying here at all!

there are a pile of picks called "sealing cat" after i have knowen the girl for a bit ill send her some of that stuff to see how she reacts. if the reaction is good then i know i'm one the next level with her.

i do a similar test for physical toughing of girls. normally the first way i touch a girl is in her stomic(belly) i make a mean face and poke her with one finger not to hard but not to soft. then ill say something like (with smile) "you've got a Pillsbury doe stomic girl. you need to get a rock solid one like mines "then ill pat myself on my abbs a couple of time or poke my abbs repeatedly smile then poke hers again then ill laugh and stop. test over .

wow

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Oops, is it just me? Does anybody know what he just tried to say? :-/ ???

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

wow

Ron Ofir
Member #2,357
May 2002

Quote:

if you make typos in your short replys ... but make sure she can still understand it though

Now isn't that ironic! ;D

Oh, and cute pictures. Though I won't send any girl I know a picture of "sealing cat watchs you mastubrating" because it's just too... Disturbing...

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Quote:

Though I won't send any girl I know a picture of "sealing cat watchs you mastubrating" because it's just too... Disturbing...

Its a test. if she likes it, that mean you can get a little more sexual with her.

wow

jcnossen
Member #205
April 2000

I rarely browse allegro.cc anymore, but the offtopic forum threads about women are always remain fun to read, even educational sometimes (except piccolo's posts :)
Thanks people :)
Although its kinda disturbing that I find these threads on a geek forum actually useful... :o

OT: What's up with this forum, why can I view page 1-6 when I'm logged in and 7-12 when I'm logged out? Some bizarre matthew leverton humor?

Joel Pettersson
Member #4,187
January 2004

Quote:

OT: What's up with this forum, why can I view page 1-6 when I'm logged in and 7-12 when I'm logged out? Some bizarre matthew leverton humor?

Regardless, you can reach the rest by modifying the page number in the url, the count beginning at 0.

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Ok, so this picture sums up what I have gathered about piccolo:
{"name":"piccolo.GIF","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/6\/b6701896a2d79a324f10dbdb6c81b6a3.gif","w":246,"h":368,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/6\/b6701896a2d79a324f10dbdb6c81b6a3"}piccolo.GIF

Even has the abs! ;)

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

The number of pages is probably fewer when you're logged in. You can choose the number of messages per page. The forum probably always gives you links to the last six or something.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

I rarely browse allegro.cc anymore, but the offtopic forum threads about women are always remain fun to read, even educational sometimes (specially piccolo's posts :)

Fixed!

-R

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

but if you don't joke with her about that stuff i wound not send it to her.

That's the thing, she always makes jokes about that stuff.

Quote:

My choice of pics are: funny and cute at the same time
girls like cute

Good idea! Thanks for the links. :)

Quote:

Oops, is it just me? Does anybody know what he just tried to say?

I know exactly what he's saying. :) Except a girl that's not 100% perfect ideal weight might take that as if you're saying she's fat.

Quote:

if you make typos in your short replys ... but make sure she can still understand it though
Now isn't that ironic! ;D

But it's true. I've been told my mails are too neat and grammatically correct. By that girl! I've now adjusted my style but I still can't help but use proper capitalization and punctuation. Well, at least piccolo is a good teacher in this department... :)

--
sig used to be here

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Quote:

Quote:
but if you don't joke with her about that stuff i wound not send it to her.
That's the thing, she always makes jokes about that stuff.

wow what time stuff dose she say about that topic.
you through me off with that one. until now i was picturing a stuck-up daddy's girl that gets upset when she cant get her way.

Quote:

Quote:
Oops, is it just me? Does anybody know what he just tried to say?
I know exactly what he's saying. :) Except a girl that's not 100% perfect ideal weight might take that as if you're saying she's fat.

In reality if you are in good shape your self you can get away with calling a girl chubby(fat is a little more harsh of a word)Its about how you say it. telling a girl she has a belly is not the same as telling her she is fat. girls have the 2 types belly there the over wight one you all know about, and then there is the sexy one they have when they are 23years old - and below.(some older women mite have as well.)

wow

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I think we should let Piccolo and Miran lonesome . They seem to understand each other perfectly :p

BTW Miran, can you send me a little part of the thing you are smoking, because it looks like it is too much good stuff. :-X

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Quote:

GullRaDriel: I think we should let Piccolo and Miran lonesome . They seem to understand each other perfectly :p

I showed some friends this thread and they said they under stood what I was saying as well. Then they asked me how old where you guys that did not under stand? I told them I don't think age is a factor though. I the main factor is some people have yet to look at the world at a different angel. Really sit back and think and try to figure out how things work. Why things are the way they are.

edit: you got to find out for your self that this type of stuff is real then you will understand it more.

wow

Go to: