Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » I don't get women at all

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
I don't get women at all
miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

OK, so there's this girl that I know (she's a friend, but there are spaces involved). Apparently she's had a huge crush on this one guy for many years and he supposedly likes her too, but they live far appart and can't be together. So she has no boyfriend and says she likes it that way. She's going to wait for that guy she's in love with until she can move closer to him or something.

And then there's this other guy who lives next door and has also been a friend of hers for a long long time. And since she's single, he makes a move. And she says something like: "Ugh, no. Go away." Apparently she's not physically attracted to him or something (that's what she told me).

And now she calls me and tells me they're now together. As of yesterday. Apparently she changed her mind. And I've no idea what to think or say. All I could say was: "Yeah, whatever." and "Good for you." I really don't get it.

Anyway, there's no question, I just wanted to share an interesting story...

--
sig used to be here

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

Things could get a bit interesting if the first guy moves closer for whatever reason.

---
Layers are good, all good things have layers, like onions. Good things also stink. - Trezker
I now have a page and a blog!

Sirocco
Member #88
April 2000

Women are generally not bound by these things we men collectively recognize as "logic", "reason", and "pragmatism".

-->
Graphic file formats used to fascinate me, but now I find them rather satanic.

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

Now that would be some interesting reality tv...

You don't deserve my sig.

Matt Smith
Member #783
November 2000

Good on the guy. He put in the graft and persistence and got to sow his oats. She'll dump him like a shot when Prince Charming eventually shows up, of course*. She doesn't really fancy him, after all :)

• unless his shlong is énorme

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

I don't get women at all

Welcome to the real world, man :o

Apparently I have the same problem. Well as someone mentioned, we all have the same problem.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Heh heh heh ha ha HA HA HA!!!!!!
I'm a loser. I just expect girls to do crap like that, and I haven't been disappointed yet. ;)

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

The case with the girls I have know, is that they seem to act much more so on emotional impulse than most men do. :P

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Kikaru said:

they seem to act much more so on emotional impulse than most men do.

You do not know the power of the dark side.
They already have made you think that they do not mind what they do.

You should know that if woman do not have balls and penis is because that as the opposite of the men they mind with their brain.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I find trying to apply male/female tendencies to people just over-complicates things for me. By just treating everyone on an individual basis, you end up understanding people better, regardless of their sex.

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

I generally try to treat all the people I like in one way, people I dislike in another way and people I'm not sure about in a third way.

I'm a simple man.

kazzmir
Member #1,786
December 2001

Looks like you missed your chance.

kronoman
Member #2,911
November 2002

The beautiful woman is the most dangerous creature for men in the planet.

We a couple of friends we always discuss this Friday nights :P

Our conclusion is that women are usually very selfish, and they give a damn about your feelings.

Beware of women specially if they :
1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance.
2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
3. Requires excessive admiration.
4. Is interpersonally exploitative (i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends) and lacks empathy.
5. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.

Any woman can have a problem personality, but the more beautiful a woman is, the more likely she is to be a spoiled, self-centered high-maintenance head case.

Anyways, there are beautiful women out there who are loving and giving, and also clinically sane, but you have to look harder.

Signs that your date is a self-absorbed user who does not qualify as long-term relationship material:
1. She fails to exhibit any genuine curiosity about you, your life and what's important to you. For example, while you're sharing about your passion for helping to save the whales, you can feel that she's preoccupied and just waiting for you to finish talking so she can tell you more about her .

2. She constantly name-drops and brags about her professional accomplishments. You know the type. She's convinced that she's going to be famous -- and soon -- and she wants you to know all about it.

3. She treats people in the service industry as subhuman. When you're out having dinner together, she orders your waiter around as though he's her slave. (Always observe how she treats the hired help. It will tell you a lot about her character.)

4. She keeps asking probing questions, attempting to determine how much money you make. I.e The date, on second night out together, asks him straight out: "So what's the most expensive gift you've ever given a woman?"

The narcissistic woman always has a hidden agenda, along with a severe deficiency in the integrity department.

p.s yes, since my english is pretty bad, I tried to locate phrases to express what I meant using google. All this info was already available in english format.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

Good on the guy. He put in the graft and persistence and got to sow his oats. She'll dump him like a shot when Prince Charming eventually shows up, of course*. She doesn't really fancy him, after all :)

This man really does understand women!

-R

Kauhiz
Member #4,798
July 2004

Quote:

takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

What kind of women have you been dating? :-X :P

---
It's Ridge Racer! RIIIIIDGE RAAAAACER!

kronoman
Member #2,911
November 2002

Quote:

Quote:
takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
What kind of women have you been dating? :-X :P

Like I said, was a cut and paste from a site about that kind of people, and well, my english is not great to pick on the "his" typo.

Sporus
Member #3,815
August 2003

Sirocco said:

Women are generally not bound by these things we men collectively recognize as "logic", "reason", and "pragmatism".

Actually I think going for the guy next door was very pragmatic, if nothing else. :)
Though this is probably just a coincidence where flippancy and pragmatism happen to intersect.

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Quote:

And now she calls me and tells me they're now together. As of yesterday. Apparently she changed her mind. And I've no idea what to think or say. All I could say was: "Yeah, whatever." and "Good for you." I really don't get it.

Dude, it's called 'hormones'. Woman don't need to find a guy attractive, or particularly like him, he just has to be in the right place at the right time.

It's comedy really.

Quote:

1. She fails to exhibit any genuine curiosity about you, your life and what's important to you.

True, true...

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

I like to put girls into two categories, fake girls and real girls.

Fake girls encompass a large mass of women including the ones kronoman described. They tend to be useful for one night stands and not much more.

The real girls are fairly few and far between, though I've noticed that how attractive a girl is not usually a factor.

There are plenty of unattractive fake girls as well attractive real girls. The whole concept of hot == fake I believe is a fallacy.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

I don't get women at all

They do have logic, it's just their logic is rand() % X, where X varies from girl to girl. This makes it difficult for us guys whose logic sums up to "monkey see, monkey do."

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

I'd like to point out that no man really understands women. However, by being around them for a while, one can detect certain patterns to their behaviors, much like fractals have a certain order in their chaos.

-R

manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

lololol @ lil' allegro boiz

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Hopefully Manjula's husband understands her!

Inphernic
Member #1,111
March 2001

He is trying really hard to convince manjula of that, but all he can get is "It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told.".

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

{"name":"rehab395.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/c\/4c0fee7b19016ade12b52cb46b274340.jpg","w":744,"h":259,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/c\/4c0fee7b19016ade12b52cb46b274340"}rehab395.jpg

Go to: