Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » I don't get women at all

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
I don't get women at all
GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

My (lame too) sig is happy ;-p

Samuli: And coming to the theme thing, I can say that your have its own theme now ;-p

LennyLen said:

We reap what we sow.

It makes me think to "who sows the wind pick the storm"

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

It's pretty simple: women are more "complex." Thus, they demand more and think they offer more.

Which means they have non-trivial imaginary part and therefore explains the trouble with them ;D

Oh by the way Miran, R.P.Feynman had some nice advices and observations on women - Surely, you're joking mr. Feynman.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

I wish I could add something constructive to this conversation. There is a woman I work with (or around) that may be interested in me. A couple of times when I had lunch, she pulled up a chair next to me. Unfortunately I was finishing my break when she started hers so I had to get up and leave. Hopefully she won't think I am a snob.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

May I quote the Law of Attraction? You get what you think about, your thoughts determine your destiny.

You can choose to continue being sad or you can choose to be happy. Whichever you choose, you are right.

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Quote:

A (couple) of times when I had lunch, she pulled up a chair next to me.

wow she must have a lot of confidence. or she thinks your shy and is being the aggressor (this means she is well experienced in getting the guys she wants)

or it could be the work environment you job has set up where everyone talks to each other. i would have to know more about your job and the girl to make any further conclusions.
edit:
Crazy Photon: its called something else too we learned in it psychology

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

Quote:

I don't understand women saying they don't understand men. We act logically and don't change all that often (or at all really: our actions are always predictable if you analyze the situation).

Consider this: life is change. Perhaps with new knowledge over time, you can choose wiser actions.

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Bob Keane said:

Hopefully she won't think I am a snob

I don't think there is anything too wrong with what you did. If this happened two or 3 days in a row she may be wondering what is up, but if it is just an occasional happening I am sure she doesn't think anything of it.

I guess how you leave would affect her thoughts as well. I would probably greet her, look at my watch or clock and then appologize with a phrase like "<Sigh> breaks over, I gotta get back to work".

Simply standing up and walking out as she pulls up a chair would seem standoffish

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

I think we should contact the authorities at Roswell about piccolo, because he is clearly not human. :-/

"I understand women." That was a fatal flaw in your cover, piccolo. 8-)

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

There is a woman I work with (or around) that may be interested in me. A couple of times when I had lunch, she pulled up a chair next to me.

Until a few weeks ago a girl (student, early twenties) worked here (something like internship or something) for a couple of months. She would always go to lunch at around 11:00 after most other people would have already finished eating, sit down in a corner and have lunch by herself. She seemed like a shy type of a girl, so a couple of times I sat at her table and started talking to her. She was obviously not very comfortable with this and didn't want to say much. All I remember from our conversations were the words "my boyfriend". I'm not sure if she really had a boyfriend or if she just wanted to get rid of me... :-X

Quote:

Unfortunately I was finishing my break when she started hers so I had to get up and leave. Hopefully she won't think I am a snob.

Your lunch break is timed? Here people go to lunch whenever they feel like it, eat their food and than sit and talk for 10-15 minutes or something. Not always, but often. So if someone comes and sits next to you as you're already finishing, the usual thing to do is to stay there and talk to them until they're done as well and then you leave together... :-/

--
sig used to be here

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

Your lunch break is timed?

That's how it is for 80-90% of the workforce here.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Is this still open? I ever thought so many allegators had experience with women, since there are lots of complaining about them. :P

-R

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

Is this still open?

It will continue to be open for as long as it takes. :)

Yesterday I had one of the longest phone conversations with this girl in my life (over one hour). I asked her about what she's going to do about the distance between herself and guy #1 and how this is supposed to work at all. She said she won't do anything. She'll stay where she is now for another three years until she finishes school and she's going to wait for this guy all this time. They'll see each other only every now and then, not even every weekend! I mean just how does she expect this to work?

--
sig used to be here

Matt Smith
Member #783
November 2000

Quote:

Yesterday I had one of the longest phone conversations with this girl in my life (over one hour).

Who wants to bet on that being her longest phone call that day?

See, I understand women perfectly. ;D

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

buddy her up build a ruteen of talking with her make sure she enjoys it make her laugh and stuff.
then break the ruteen. if you did a good job at making her enjoy the old phone calls, when something bad happens to her or she gets bord she will call you and ask why you don't call her any more.
then you say:
"well... i wanted to (be with you)( or input what ever you want to do with her), so i was trying to understand you but i was not getting any where so i cut my self off from you. "

this could bring about a convocation like: well you knew i was with so and so : you say:
" well i know i know but if you was not such a buityful person i would not have cared about you. well i already quit so it dose not make any sense me explaining to you how i felt about you."

if she says cant we be freids don't exsecpt(this depens on the type of girl she is some times with a little alcohol(cataless) you can get-in later by exsecpt her friend ship).

me personly i dont do reagalar firend ships with girls not my style.

wow

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Wise words! Two thumbs up! :)

--
sig used to be here

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

:-/

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Ain't piccolo a bit like Joey in Friends? Self-confident talk about girls. Spelling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

This is the voice and conviction I hear in my head when reading piccolo's posts. (Only piccolo's though).

Edit: It's mostly safe for work. Just text and audio.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Johan Halmén said:

Ain't piccolo a bit like Joey in Friends?

That's not the impression I get...

He's more like that guy that makes the girl you care about cry and hate guys... >:( He is the source of women's stereotype of guys.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Quote:

He's more like that guy that makes the girl you care about cry and hate guys... >:( He is the source of women's stereotype of guys.

dude this is real life my sister has lots of friends that do the same things that girl was/is doing to you. what else do you think girls talk about on the phone? they plot they take advise from other girls (good or bad).ex example of plot : girl has guy she likes and wants him to like her. girl also has guy who likes her and chases her(you). girl gets guy she likes to see that she has guys chasing her. guy she likes gets jelus and instrasted in girl.girl cuts off guy that is chasing her(you). guy she likes has sex with her. guy she likes is satisfied and leaves girl. girl is sad girl finds back guy that was chasing her. girl builds back up selfasteam. cicle repates with new guy she likes or in many cases the same guy she likes.

edit: don't be blinded good guys lose or get sloppy seconds.

wow

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

There may be some truth to what Piccolo is saying, but I can't make heads or tails of it =\

(Except for his edit)

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Some women are bitch and some men are assholes. If you treat the nice girls like bitches you only create new bitches and pretty soon there's nothing but bitches. Works the same way if women treat men like assholes.

What's your first instinct when a woman mistreats you? To mistreat the next one and get 'them' back. If you play into this game you're only making it worse. Most likely the girl mistreated you because she, or a friend of hers, was mistreated first.

I prefer to be above it. Some women are bitch and they'll never really understand what men are. That's their loss. Some men are assholes and they'll never really understand what women are. That's their loss.

Often women are taught that men are insensitive and only after one thing. If you play that game you're only enforcing it.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

when i met my ex she said she had been cheated on before and she would not cheat on any one because she knows what it feels like to be cheated on. big long speech she gave me. i told her well i don't have any time for any games because i'm school and when i go back i have to work to get money to pay for school so i would not have time time cheat. i should have played mind games on her but i did not because i was in school and had no time.

edit:
my mom always told me not to mess-up anyones girl children. so every girl i get with i try to help them out in life.
i'm not a bad guy im just smart.

wow

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

This thread is going mad. You all are overheated. Have a drink, smoke good weed and let your mind be free. Sometimes too much thought overkill the subject.

_

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Go to: