Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » I don't get women at all

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
I don't get women at all
Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

Quote:

Apparently she's not physically attracted to him or something (that's what she told me).

Do not underestimate the power of a great orator.

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

Samuli
Member #1,837
January 2001

I was just about to reply that women probably have alot of fun reading this thread (before reading Manjula's post). Well, at least I find it mildly entertaining.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Paul whoknows said:

Quote:

Apparently she's not physically attracted to him or something (that's what she told me).

Ah, you mean he's a cunning linguist?

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/women-shopping.gif

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

I'll say this again...

Women are strange.
Men are strange too.

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

I thought the same, but then I thought: how did he get to show her his linguistic skills in the first place?

-R

Torbjörn Josefsson
Member #1,048
September 2000

I'm a bit envious of the wife of a friend of mine - while exhibiting plenty of the usual insanity, she also displays enough coolness to make you feel someone like her would actually be worth the hassle:

The other week she said to him "That jacket really looks great on you... but on the other hand I'm ovulating, so it might just be that"

:D

How cool is that!?

--
Specialization is for insects

James Stanley
Member #7,275
May 2006

How the hell does ovulating make a jacket look great?

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

How the hell does ovulating make a jacket look great?

When women ovulate their mating instinct is activated. She meant she found him attractive because she was horny, not because he was attractive.

-R

Ceagon Xylas
Member #5,495
February 2005

Matt Smith said:

She'll dump him like a shot when Prince Charming eventually shows up, of course*. She doesn't really fancy him, after all :)

Exactly.

I like being single. :P

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Quote:

I'll say this again...

Women are strange.
Men are strange too.

Dude you're way too politically correct to be funny:-/

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Quote:

Quote:

Ha that doesn't work; I'm I have a friend who's like a lesbian when it comes to that and I'm he's still single....

:o

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

Looks like you missed your chance.

Doh! :-X

Quote:

Ahaha, that's the funniest thing I've seen, read or heard today. And you know what? It took me hours to get it. Doh again. :-X

Quote:

I like being single.

I can't even begin to respond to this. I mean there's nothing wrong with being single, but what's really bad is being alone. I mean all the time. Alone.

Look what you made me do now! You made me all depressed again. :'(

Anyway, I tried really hard to get into the female mind to come up with possible explanations for such behaviour and this is what I have so far:

1. She really really doesn't want to be alone as it is, and then once the hormones took control, she just went for the first guy that came along even though she would never have done that if it wasn't for the said hormones.

2. She realized she'll never get that other guy, so she decided to get another one, anyone really, just so she'd forget about him.

3. She's still crazy about that other guy, she just wants to have someone around to pass time with while she waits (she actually said something along these lines once).

4. She's trying to make that other guy feel jealous hoping he'd take a more active role and do something about it.

Any other ideas? Which one of mine do you think is most probable? I personally think it's either 1 or 3. Should I just ask her? I mean I'd really like to know...

--
sig used to be here

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

Look what you made me do now! You made me all depressed again.

Cheer up man, my life is in this matter complete cascade of disasters and I don't complain. I feel good when I think that by the law of probability there must be at least one person who would like me 8-)

Quote:

I can't even begin to respond to this. I mean there's nothing wrong with being single, but what's really bad is being alone. I mean all the time. Alone.

But at least you're freeman, you are not constrained by anybody. Though I know what you mean, I'm constantly thinking about that so I might write an essay.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

As Mr. Garrison used to say: "Don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't have the courtesy to die."

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

The cunning linguist quote is from Blackadder I believe.

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

Now I feel embarrassed :-[

--
sig used to be here

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

miran said:

Anyway, I tried really hard to get into the female mind to come up with possible explanations for such behaviour and this is what I have so far:

1. She really really doesn't want to be alone as it is, and then once the hormones took control, she just went for the first guy that came along even though she would never have done that if it wasn't for the said hormones.

2. She realized she'll never get that other guy, so she decided to get another one, anyone really, just so she'd forget about him.

3. She's still crazy about that other guy, she just wants to have someone around to pass time with while she waits (she actually said something along these lines once).

4. She's trying to make that other guy feel jealous hoping he'd take a more active role and do something about it.

5. Love isn't the ever-lasting meant-to-be-together ideal that Hollywood's dreamt up and convinced the world of, so she simply stopped caring about guy #1 and decided to hitch up with guy #2 instead.

Pripps said:

It's an older joke than that. It fit pretty well here though. :)

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

5. Love isn't the ever-lasting meant-to-be-together ideal that Hollywood's dreamt up and convinced the world of, so she simply stopped caring about guy #1 and decided to hitch it up with guy #2 instead.

I think this is right.

-R

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Miran: Why do you even bother analyzing this? I really don't understand what the point is... Unless you are trying to figure out how to get a date with her next time she's up for grabs?

Quote:

I like being single.

Being single is good for a certain period of time. It gives you enough time to figure things out, find out what went wrong with your last relationship, and it gives you the opportunity to be happy because of you (rather than being happy because someone tells you all the things you want to hear).

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Diana: yes, but sometimes it takes quite a time to get yourself back to normal and happy state.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

Miran: Why do you even bother analyzing this?

Why not? He's got lots of free time, being alone.

-R

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Maybe she really wants to be with Miran and just got with this guy to try to get Miran to show more interest in her.. 8-)

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Quote:

Apparently she changed her mind.

First impressions are certainly important, but not everything.

Quote:

The whole concept of hot == fake I believe is a fallacy.

Near as I can tell, the truly hot women have to tone it down so as to reduce hits. The ones with plunging necklines & miniskirts are somehow like the leet haxor who constantly brags about his (non-existant) skillz.

Quote:

cunning linguist?

So he has a gifted tongue?

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Diana: I'm analyzing this simply because I find it incomprehensible and I just want to understand. I have no other motives. This girl is a very good friend of mine and I value our friendship a lot, but sometimes I just don't get her (as well as most other members of your half of the population for that matter). So I would just like to know what line of thinking you normally tend to follow, so that I can actually give her good advice the next time she asks.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I do think she's probably the nicest, kindest, most fun to be with and generally most amazing girl I've ever met (and I have met quite a few). She's all that and many other things that aren't even in my vocabulary. I have the deepest respect and admiration for her and I want her to have everything she wishes for and it actually hurts me to see her unhappy. On top of that she's also one of the most physically beautiful women I've ever known, even though she doesn't think highly of herself in that regard as she thinks she's too fat and is concerned about other little things that aren't even important.

I think all that of her, but I do so exclusively in the context of friendship. We're good friends. She has helped me a lot and I try to help her the best that I can. She sometimes comes to me for advice but most often I have no idea what to say, simply because I don't understand her (your) way of thinking. That's why I'm asking...

OK, I know this isn't the best place to ask such questions, but it's the only place I know where one can expect at least some useful answers...

--
sig used to be here

Go to: