Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » I don't get women at all

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
I don't get women at all
Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Miran said:

I mean, don't get me wrong. I do think she's probably the nicest, kindest, most fun to be with and generally most amazing girl I've ever met (and I have met quite a few). She's all that and many other things that aren't even in my vocabulary. I have the deepest respect and admiration for her and I want her to have everything she wishes for and it actually hurts me to see her unhappy. On top of that she's also one of the most physically beautiful women I've ever known, even though she doesn't think highly of herself in that regard as she thinks she's too fat and is concerned about other little things that aren't even important.

So many words. Just say she's hot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

FuriousOrange
Member #7,305
June 2006

Quote:

I'd like to point out that no man really understands women. However, by being around them for a while, one can detect certain patterns to their behaviors, much like fractals have a certain order in their chaos.

Hey baby you remind me of a fractal? Shall we go get coffee?

Epsi
Member #5,731
April 2005

Quote:

On top of that she's also one of the most physically beautiful women I've ever known, even though she doesn't think highly of herself in that regard as she thinks she's too fat and is concerned about other little things that aren't even important.

They all do that.

Anyway, the only thing I can tell from your last post is that you find her extremely interesting and hot.
So stop lying to yourself about that friendship thing and just ask her out. Or would you rather get a less interesting and less good looking girlfriend ?

1) you'll get what seems to be the "perfect girl" for you
2) you won't be alone anymore
3) depending on the way it's done it won't ruin the relationship if she refuse.
4) you can benefit from advices from the best pick-up artists in the world on this forum ;D

piccolo: "soon all new 2d alegro games will be better. after i finsh my MMRPG. my game will serve as a code reference. so you can understand and grab code from."
piccolo: "just wait until my invetion comes out its going to take the wii to the next leave of game play. it will run sony and microsoft out of busness if i dont let them use it aswell."

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

So stop lying to yourself about that friendship thing and just ask her out.

I think she made it quite obvious that's exactly what she doesn't want. And I'm cool with that...

Quote:

4) you can benefit from advices from the best pick-up artists in the world on this forum

Do you mean like this: "Girl, you're as beautiful as a Julia set and as deep as a Mandelbrot set. Wanna go do some math with me?" ;D

--
sig used to be here

Epsi
Member #5,731
April 2005

Quote:

I think she made it quite obvious that's exactly what she doesn't want. And I'm cool with that...

But what did you learn from her latest behavior ?
You just have prevent at all cost to look depressed. That's a woman repeller.

I had the same kind of dilemma, and well I still tried and got the perfect girl (since one year now)

piccolo: "soon all new 2d alegro games will be better. after i finsh my MMRPG. my game will serve as a code reference. so you can understand and grab code from."
piccolo: "just wait until my invetion comes out its going to take the wii to the next leave of game play. it will run sony and microsoft out of busness if i dont let them use it aswell."

FuriousOrange
Member #7,305
June 2006

Quote:

"Girl, you're as beautiful as a Julia set and as deep as a Mandelbrot set. Wanna go do some math with me?"

I heard that girls really dig Koch snowflakes. Try and drop that into your chat up line if possible! ;)

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

And say it while freestyle rapping.

-R

Matt Smith
Member #783
November 2000

on a unicycle

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

The topic said: "I don't get women at all"

What about getting man ? ;-p

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Quote:

Can I 'ave 'er then?

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

No. People like you are the primary reason why people hire bodyguards. :P

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

My best friend's girlfriend refuses to call me a loser, despite assurances from me, all my friends, the entire student body, most of the staff, and random people on the street that I am, in fact, a loser.

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Well, that's actually a good thing. You are not yet universally despised. :)

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Good news everyone. We're delivering a package to a planet infested with flesh eating blood sucking... ehm, no, wait, that's not it. Just a minute... Oh yeah, she dumped the guy. :D

Meanwhile I stumbled across this site: http://www.highstatusmale.com/. I already read the free miniguide and it's frickin awesome! If nothing else it made me feel good about stuff. And even if nothing of it is true, it will at least provide me with excellent material for a long time to come if I decide to pursue a career in stand-up comedy. It's just that good. Anyway, do you think I should buy his two full books? They're only 50$ combined. :)

--
sig used to be here

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

Anyway, do you think I should buy his two full books?

Are you really that desperate? Just ask her out! If it doesn't work, then buy the books.

I have a theory: when a shy man wants to talk to a woman for the first time, all he can think about is how he feels. The right way to go (IMO) is talk about her only: how beautiful, funny and nice she is. Then, when she has noticed that you like her, tell her about your feelings.

-R

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

I have a theory: when a shy man wants to talk to a woman for the first time, all he can think about is how he feels. The right way to go (IMO) is talk about her only: how beautiful, funny and nice she is. Then, when she has noticed that you like her, tell her about your feelings.

That's almost exactly what the guide says! :o

--
sig used to be here

Epsi
Member #5,731
April 2005

miran: don't fall for that, instead read "The Game" by Neil Strauss.

It's a real story about a bald geek that became a pickup artist (from 0 woman to a few hundreds in 2 years).
It's not a method per se, but it's really interesting to read.

You'll learn that for example

Quote:

The right way to go (IMO) is talk about her only: how beautiful, funny and nice she is.

is the fastest way to loose her attention.

Michael Jensen
Member #2,870
October 2002

Ugh, don't tell her how you feel -- just ask the girl out. Telling her how you feel isn't going to help you -- people want what they can't have -- if you say "you can have me, I'm free, not a challenge at all, pick me, pick me, I'm ohhhh so lonely, and I'm sweet! I'll do whatever you want baby!" she won't want you. -- As a rule you never tell her you like her until after she's said it to you a few times; And by the way, looks don't matter.

Don't be a push over, be mentally healthy, have boundaries, be a man, be confident -- this is more valuable than looks. -- guys get turned on mostly by looks, girls mostly by personality.

Quote:

3. She's still crazy about that other guy, she just wants to have someone around to pass time with while she waits (she actually said something along these lines once).

she wants you...

Quote:

I mean, don't get me wrong. I do think she's probably the nicest, kindest, most fun to be with and generally most amazing girl I've ever met (and I have met quite a few). She's all that and many other things that aren't even in my vocabulary. I have the deepest respect and admiration for her and I want her to have everything she wishes for and it actually hurts me to see her unhappy. On top of that she's also one of the most physically beautiful women I've ever known, even though she doesn't think highly of herself in that regard as she thinks she's too fat and is concerned about other little things that aren't even important.

you will feel this way about every girl you ever have a crush on; they're always the most beautiful, smart, funny, blah, blah, blah -- she'll be comepletely out of your life someday, and you will feel this way about another girl in the future. It's not the end of the world if you hit on her and she turns you down, there are a LOT more where she came from.

Quote:

I think all that of her, but I do so exclusively in the context of friendship.

Keep telling her that -- nothing makes a girl put out more than telling her you just want to be friends -- it makes you a challenge -- especially if they make a pass at you, you MUST play hard to get for them to chase.

Quote:

what she's saying outloud is obviously a lie; she wants you; hit it.

Sleep with her the first chance you get -- don't be a wuss about it. This is something you're giving to her, not she's giving to you. -- Plus it will create a stronger emotional bond for you in her head.

Actually if you want to keep her, and arn't ashamed to be manipulative, date her for a week (or so) -- then dump her... -- make up a reason -- she'll want you back in a day or two and be really pathetic about it (especially if she's the lonely type like you are.) make her beg, tell her it would be stupid since she doesn't really love you, but loves this other guy (she might just change her mind on that topic)...

She's lonely and on the rebound -- strike now. ;)

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

instead read "The Game" by Neil Strauss

Any idea where I could get it? It's not in our local library. Also note that I'm broke.

@Michael: Thank you! :D

--
sig used to be here

Epsi
Member #5,731
April 2005

Quote:

She's lonely and on the rebound -- strike now. ;)

yup best time ever :D

Quote:

Any idea where I could get it? It's not in our local library. Also note that I'm broke.

It's a best seller so you won't have any problem finding an old 5$ copy online, or you can also go the "harrr harrr" way, but you know that already ;)

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Ok now I got lost, who is who? You're the one far, far away, and the other guy just got dumped. You moved to your own flat and you're now broke and want to consult some books or folks on the programming forums or ...

Please help me :'(

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

No no no. These two things are mostly unrelated really. I mean me not understanding women (and this girl in particular) and the fact that I recently moved, I'm alone, don't know anyone here and I'm broke. They just kind of got mixed up in one thread. As far as this girl goes, she's a friend who lives far away and she's in love with guy number one who lives far far away (and is not me) and then she went out with guy number two who lives next door (from her). She dumped guy number two after less than a week because apparently that wasn't it and she went back to being in love with guy number one (the one far far away that is not me). I, on the other hand, am just an observer in this story. However I also have problems of my own which are kind of similar but unrelated. I recently moved to a town not far away but still far enough, I have very few friends here, no girlfriend and I just spent all my money on furniture, various house items, clothes, toys (yay!) and other things. Which all combined makes me feel something between very unhappy and slightly depressed. About halfway between those two. I concluded that most of my unhapiness stems from the fact that I am alone. I searched the internets for things that could help me understand what I've been doing wrong and I found those books I mentioned. That's roughly the whole story in a few short sentences.

--
sig used to be here

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Oh, thank you. I just got confused by other thinking that you're a guy number one. When you said far away, you mean away from what?

Oh besides, there's nothing bad on lonelyness, except the fact of being lonely, but it's just the cost of being independent and free. But I don't mean now the fact that you have a few friends there.

Oh and one more thing, scrap all the books about happiness and theese thinks, it's a waste of money and time. Oh and don't listen to those crazy fellows who haunt your imagination and pretend that they're real...

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

When you said far away, you mean away from what?

I mean this friend lives far away from me (well, not that far actually, just a short drive if you have a car which I don't) and guy number one lives far far away (that's double far but in reality it means really far, like more than 100km far).

--
sig used to be here

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

I'm completely lost but that doesn't matter. It's just really complicated.

Go to: