Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Let's see your screenshots

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Let's see your screenshots
Krzysztof Kluczek
Member #4,191
January 2004

Screenshot from the same scene I've posted some time ago, but there are some changes since then:
- engine recoded mostly from scratch, to support many different rendering methods and materials
- uses ARB_fragment_program now (specular lighting and parallax mapping)
- my own lightmap generating tool instead Quake2 one - increased lightmap resolution and lightmap antialiasing

Screenshot attached. :)

I've tried adding relief mapping, but having one pass per light it didn't behave too well (about 11 FPS on GeForce 6800). :)

Radagar
Member #2,768
September 2002

Krzysztof Kluczek, Wow. That looks VERY impressive.

------------
Radagar - So your vote is for A.D.H.D.?
Chris Katko - Well, that was uninten--ooh kitty!

Gnatinator
Member #2,330
May 2002

I second that.

KK, that looks really awesome. :)

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

Some of those look shweet!

Need to get some of mine up as well.

Torbjörn Josefsson
Member #1,048
September 2000

well, slap my butt and call me cindy!

-it seems like Everybody else in the whole net spells it the wrong way... except for me, of course! ;)

--
Specialization is for insects

Trumgottist
Member #95
April 2000

My game has had IOTD and other discussion, but attached is an image nobody but me has seen before. I'm still working on that background.

--
"I always prefer to believe the best of everybody - it saves so much time." - Rudyard Kipling

Play my game: Frasse and the Peas of Kejick

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Looks really nice. :)

I like that hand drawn pencil look with colouring.

Morten Bendix
Member #1,386
June 2001

Trumgottist:

Oooh, an adventure game? Definitely need more of those!

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

No game related stuff from me (big surprise eh? ;)) I'm lucky to work on anything, so I'll show another screen shot of mad:
{"name":"mad-06-10-04.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/a\/fa721b44984cde1a03bbeed25a2cfbc7.png","w":861,"h":717,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/a\/fa721b44984cde1a03bbeed25a2cfbc7"}mad-06-10-04.png

Its totally wip, most of the work done recently is all behind the scenes getting all that gui stuff to do something useful. ;D

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Gage Manson
Member #4,812
July 2004

The only screenshots I have are not game related. Ever since we found my wife was pregnant I've been too busy to do anything. 3 more months and Caleb Matthew Weaver will be here and I'll rethink my goals. My wife wants to be a housewife and wants me to go to college for programming and game programming but I may just stick with everyday jobs (undecided right now).

Inphernic
Member #1,111
March 2001

Gage Manson earlier said:

I'm not Clayton

Gage Manson said:

The only screenshots I have are not game related. Ever since we found my wife was pregnant I've been too busy to do anything. 3 more months and Caleb Matthew Weaver will be here and I'll rethink my goals. My wife wants to be a housewife and wants me to go to college for programming and game programming but I may just stick with everyday jobs (undecided right now).

Hi, Harbinger Zero. Too bad you forgot to log out and change accounts. So you were him after all. Are you a pathological liar or something?

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Give it a rest, noone cares.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Inphernic
Member #1,111
March 2001

You can be content with getting your senses bombarded with lies, Mr. Noone, but I'm not.

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

Not sure why I'm posting; it's all temporary graphics.
(The blue monster (orc?) is ripped from a game.)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

DuckMan: Obsess Much?

--

Adol
Member #2,328
May 2002

Krzysztof Kluczek: Very nice!

Well, since the thread requires it, I relent. :-/
Sir Otis V.S. The Pernicious Jalepenos

Inphernic
Member #1,111
March 2001

Quote:

DuckMan: Obsess Much?

So you see zero tolerance to lies and/or responding to a lie as an obsession? Wow. After all these years, you still manage to surprise me (in a negative sense).

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Inphernic: Wrong thread. :)

GameCreator: Looking nice! :D

I see that some people are actually doing games here.. ;)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

I see that some people are actually doing games here..

Over the past few months, I've seen quite a few decent looking games in development mentioned on the forums.

--

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Yep, but I have a long term memory problem. :)

Mika Halttunen
Member #760
November 2000

Since I'm not working on any project atm, I might as well plug my latest game (SDL based, buah!), so here you go:
http://tomatoes.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html

The same old pictures there, except one from the new v1.5.

Btw. Krzysztof, that screenshot of yours looks great!

---------------------------------------------
.:MHGames | @mhgames_ :.

Trumgottist
Member #95
April 2000

RP: Thanks.
GameCreator: My blue monster is cuter than yours. :)
Morten: It was news to you? Then I clearly haven't spammed a.cc enough!

--
"I always prefer to believe the best of everybody - it saves so much time." - Rudyard Kipling

Play my game: Frasse and the Peas of Kejick

james_lohr
Member #1,947
February 2002

Some great screenshots. - Inphernic's look particularly sexy.

My game's been coming on in leaps and bounds now that I've got no internet access at home. Unfortunate that means I don't have any screenshots at the moment. I'll bring some in tomorrow though.

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

Trumgottist said:

GameCreator: My blue monster is cuter than yours.

;) Yeah, well, like I said: temporary. Besides, he'll end up being replaced by a swordsman or something. You play as a bad guy (being an undead skeleton and all).

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

I manually entered my username and password (vgdes2000 *********) which should have brought up Harbinger ZERO...odd part is if you are logged in and click members (at least for me) it brings up your profile editing option and when I clicked it last night it brought up the log in screen so I entered vgdes2000 and my password thinking it would show Harbinger ZERO so I went to forums and posted last night. Then came on this morning to find that for some odd reason it signed me in as Gage so I logged in again with vgdes2000 and hopefully this time it logged me in with my ID instead of his so hopefully this will be Harbinger ZERO. I do have proof that I logged in under mine cause my wife knows all my passwords and usernames for every site I go to and she was setting beside me when I logged in.

Go to: