Let's see your screenshots
Richard Phipps

Yes, it's that time of the year again!

Let's see some cool screenshots of your current project(s). Or be prepared to be called a n00b slacker! ;D

Seriously, I think it's good motivation to see progress from other people! :)

mEmO

Right. You see, I had this.. uhm.. hard drive failure. Yeah! And all my projects were... eaten! ;D

Steve Terry

mEmO you friggin slacker, we know you better than that ;D I'll post some pics of current projects I'm working on once I get home and have access to my projects :P

Oscar Giner
Quote:

Right. You see, I had this.. uhm.. hard drive failure. Yeah! And all my projects were... eaten!

Oh, what a coincidence! same as me!

But really, I'm serious. But I have a backup of everything :) So as soon as I find the backup CD I'll post something ;D

[edit]
Better than that, I'll show you a pair of screens of a team project. I'm downloading it righ now :)

Derezo

Yay! \o/

I've been working on this project for a couple months now. It's coming along rather slowly, but I think it's looking pretty good.
Clicky

I need a better artist, though. Most of the graphics look the same.

Richard Phipps

Screenshot doesn't work for me.. :(

mEmO

Derezo: That's amazing! How did you do it? putpixel() or clear_to_color()?

Carrus85

Woohoo! Horray for the black-pixel goodness!

Richard Phipps

Actually I just tried it again and it did work! But it doesn't look like a game to me... ???
http://www.ericscomputershop.com/junk/drevil.jpg

Carrus85

Guess it doesn't work for me... l0l

Oscar Giner

Wow :o This thread degenerated very fast ::)

Derezo

I think it's going to be worth ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS!

..I didn't break the thread. I swear!

mEmO

Don't look at me!

Richard Phipps

I'm looking at Derezo.. ;)

Seriously, aren't you guys working on anything? Sometimes it seems that only myself and 23yr3yrold are working on games.. :(

SonShadowCat

We have lives/school/work.

Matthew Leverton

The rest of us have realized that games are void, and labor is fruitless.

Richard Phipps

SSC: So does Chris and when I was working fulltime in an office I still made games in my sparetime. :)

EDIT: Void? Is everyone bored of games now? :o :P

mEmO

Alright, alright. Here's a random screenshot of a project I'm semi-working on.
clicky

Matthew Leverton

Bored of life in general. Make a game about taxes and death. That would be cool.

23yrold3yrold
Quote:

Wow :o This thread degenerated very fast ::)

Tells you how much work everyone's doing. :)

I keep it in my journal, so ... bye.

Derezo

I am actually working on something, but it's still in the design stages. I've created little modular code segments for it. My own screen update API which includes image placement and depth for a drs system, a console style gui class, an input class for joystick support and button customization, and a few other useful things.. but other than that, there's nothing game specific that's done code-wise. All I have are about 5 pages of notes so far.

ML: Been thinking about it. ;)

Richard Phipps

Memo: Norway C&C? :)

Matthew: Bored? I bet you are rich and bored.. so send all your money to meeee. :) Hope you feel more upbeat soon.

Chris: I don't see no ingame screenshots there.. :P :D

Derezo: What kind of game?

mEmO

Phipps: Nah, that's just test data, really. The project's still pretty much in the planning phase. My UDP-block isn't making things any better.

Richard Phipps

UDP?

Surt

See attachment.

mEmO

User Datagram Protocol. Commonly used for online gaming. Unfortunately my UNI's decided to block absolutely all traffic of the kind. ::)

Billybob

I have been working on something! Not a game, though, just learning the basics of Irrlicht by making a neato demo called Massive! It moves an army of soldiers across terrain, yay! Inspired by Rome: Total War (I played the demo, didn't like it though, wasn't my style of game).

Massive

Side note: Did you know they're using the Rome: Total War engine in a TV show on the History Channel? They use it to play out battle scenes and stuff. Kinda funny :P

Richard Phipps

X-Com! Woot woot woot!! I love X-com and Laser Squad. ;D

How much have you done Carl? :)

EDIT:
William: Those pics look very nice (but you might want to use Jpeg's, they are indeed massive!). The programme you described sounds suspiciously like a UK show on here last year called Time Commanders where a team of 4 friends refought historical battles using the total war engine.

Was pretty good I thought.

Anyway, it's nice to see some people are working on games. :)

Surt

:P Nothing, its just a mockup I did for a pixelation challenge, ages ago. ;)

Kanzure

You people are sick.

Edit

Quote:

Don't have a screenshot either, eh?

...Yep. Pretty much. ;D

23yrold3yrold
Quote:

Chris: I don't see no ingame screenshots there.. :P :D

Work lately has been on Bola. And this relates to animation, which doesn't come over too well in screen shots anyway. ;)

Here; a little teaser of the new jump-punch against the new first-level miniboss.

teaser.png

Richard Phipps

Carl: :P Why stop now? :)

Chris: Drools! Looks gorgeous! I'm jealous.. :-/

How are you doing those impact rays? prerendered?

SonShadowCat

I need to get back to work on my text game. I stopped after I lost all my work.

Derezo
Quote:

Derezo: What kind of game?

Well, it's an Action RPG.. but I haven't 100% decided on the style. It's going to be based around a single character (and not a party) so I have a couple options. I'm thinking something along the lines of zelda.

However, I have so little of it done so far that it's rather open ended. At this point I can change the project into almost anything... and an RPG still seems like way too much work for one person, even an action rpg. I always have troubles with media, and that's very discouraging for me. :(
Only time will tell....

Richard Phipps

Since you have the largest simpsons catalog known to man, why not use all the simpsons characters, object drawings and backgrounds, and make it a simpsons RPG? ;D

Derezo

heh, although that'd be funny, I'd need someone else to do all the image ripping to make it actually look good..

So, How about no? Ya crazy dutch bastard... ;)

Steve Terry

anywho as promised my current projects:
Sekrit new GUI, not much going on now but most of the subystems are done so work on actual widgets will start before too long.
{"name":"awe.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/7\/97c2e0ff7073f1e3cf278ac26eb0632e.png","w":804,"h":631,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/7\/97c2e0ff7073f1e3cf278ac26eb0632e"}awe.png
My old GUI, NAS, not exactly abandonware, this is a new theme I made that resembles java swing.
{"name":"nas.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/9\/b921530850542031e905bae035bc7c7c.png","w":1024,"h":768,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/9\/b921530850542031e905bae035bc7c7c"}nas.png
Space shooter clone from a sega genesis game, kinda dark becase it's fading in but i'm still working on enemies and haven't really worked on it in a while :(
{"name":"solpeace.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/c\/5c083f06fb3b5f9a7a700a86c642c04a.png","w":646,"h":512,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/c\/5c083f06fb3b5f9a7a700a86c642c04a"}solpeace.png

Richard Phipps

Quote:

I'd need someone else to do all the image ripping to make it actually look good..

True. I forgot that you hadn't mastered the sharpen tool yet. ;)

EDIT: Steve, I like the NASgui Skin. And the shooter has that great console TV look. :)

nonnus29

William Heatley, 1.5MB .png; are you insane? My dial up can't handle that.....

This is the most recent recreational project I've coded. The level editor for the failed team allegro project starfox during july/aug.

And this is the project before that. I coded that mainly in june.

I've been waiting for some inspiration before I start another project......

Kanzure

Derezo..at first I thought you were crazy with the simpson collection and all, but now I can see you're nuts. :-/

Go ML! Always with the strong viewpoints.

Rampage

This is a screenshot of the project I'm currently working on: Animal Cookies: Fighter. I'm using the same graphics of my last speedhack entry, but they're going to change soon.

In the screenshot you can see (besides DevC++): Arina (left) throwing a kick against Juliette, and the region where their frames collide is marked in red.

23yrold3yrold
Quote:

I always have troubles with media, and that's very discouraging for me. :(

I was hanging out with a friend of mine on Sunday, and after discussion had gone through my game, his anime artwork, Street Fighter, anime in general, and various other interests, he asked me about a fighting game I had hinted I was working on. It's an exercise in developing Bola (as TMS has been lately) and when asked what kind of characters I would be using, I told him it was going to be sort of a "Pocket Fighter" clone using the 8-Bit Theatre cast. No, I'm not joking; I've planned out quite a bit of the moves and such, actually. ;D I also thought of making a fighting game using web comic characters (Skull, Junpei, the CTS, the Shirt Ninja, Aeris, Strong Mad, etc) ... anyway, the point was I had no original characters. So he offered to develop some, since he's been doing some of that lately anyway. Hardcore SF nut and anime artist drawing my animations for me? Score! :D

Quote:

How are you doing those impace rays? prerendered?

... impace?

EDIT: Oh; impact. Those are stolen from Street Fighter Alpha 3. I need to replace those ...

Richard Phipps

Sorry, typo.. I meant impact. :)
As for the pocket fighter: Super smash brothers style? ;)

Jorram: Looks a good start.

Kanzure
Quote:

As for the pocket fighter: Super smash brothers style?

Super Smash Brothers style with a hint of Paper Mario in a fighter would be...awesome. :)

23yrold3yrold
Quote:

As for the pocket fighter: Super smash brothers style?

Street Fighter, but with super-deformed characters like the first Final Fantasy already looks like. :)

http://www.gamerankings.com/screens3/23901/5.jpg

Like that. It will be able to save replays, and I'd like Internet multiplayer too. 4 player like SSBM would be cool too, but I'm not looking at that right now. I like SF more than SSBM; thanks. :)

RallyMonkey
Mr.Bob said:

Side note: Did you know they're using the Rome: Total War engine in a TV show on the History Channel? They use it to play out battle scenes and stuff. Kinda funny

Decisive Battles. Awesome show. Within the few weeks of school so far we have already watched it twice in World Studies. So it was made with Rome: Total War? I was actually going to ask if anyone knew what it was made with, a couple of days ago.

Sirocco

Too busy. Look toward the end of the year.

23yrold3yrold

For the record, I got that magazine article deal (for those who don't read my journal) and the screen update API is the current GameDev "Sweet Snippet". So that's other stuff I've been up to.

spellcaster

This screenshot is not related to any coding project I'm working on.
Right now I'm playing around alot with the 3d packages I bought and with Flash MX. Both is very fun ;)
Combine that with my DiabloII addiction and there's no much time left I could spend coding...

Radagar

My current project is under heavy design right now, and I don't have any code yet to produce much of a screenshot. I have the start of a map editor, but it's only text at the moment.

However, the story is FREAKIN' AWESOME!. I recruited my brother to help me out, and he took over the story design while I do the coding. Wow.
He's been DM'ing D&D games for about 25 years straight, so he has quite an imagination. I'd say the story he whipped up for our RPG is more than worthy for a Final Fantasy title. I just hope we can pull it off and actually complete the game!

kazzmir

heres a game I work on occasionally.. i hope to finish by the end of the year, but who knows :P
{"name":"in-game.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/f\/4fe69d10b5d20dca8c47b7c3abe5a772.jpg","w":640,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/f\/4fe69d10b5d20dca8c47b7c3abe5a772"}in-game.jpg

23yrold3yrold

Sha-weet, kazz. O_o

Samuel Henderson
Quote:

Spellcaster

I hear that! Whats your name and I'll add you to my friends list sometime I'm dumb!.

Anyways to keep on topic.

I have a map editor which I am working on. I made 2 tiles so far... So its rather very boring and unprofessional. Nothing of Screenshot material yet.

Ashteth

Well, if it's that time of year again, what can I do...

Screen showing my new OpenGL based GUI. GUI features multiple windows, drop down lists, scroll bars etc, so get back to work Steve and Miran, you've got competition:) This screen also shows a particle system that can be edited in the menu and loaded / saved to disk.
Particle System

The main intro menus are complete (background changes, fades in/out etc). Incidentally, this also uses my GL GUI with custom textured buttons.
Intro Menu
Logo alternates with fades in and out of star field:
Intro Menu B

Sometimes you get to see this for a while:
Load Screen

If you've been paying attention, you'll note that I've changed the name of my project once again (its tradition), but rest assured that this is the same 2D game I've been working on for years... This time the name has a very specific meaning that will become obvious if you ever get to play it:)

As always, the demo will be out when its ready. Sooner rather than later, I hope:)

Inphernic
FMC

At the moment i'm not really working on a game; i have already a bunch of ideas but i'm spending some time to improve confidence with special effects...

The infamous doom screen-melt screen transition:
{"name":"doommelt.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/9\/29c15aecc5369c7104d58756a737aa52.jpg","w":511,"h":382,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/9\/29c15aecc5369c7104d58756a737aa52"}doommelt.jpg

Some particles with the help of fblend:
{"name":"particles.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/b\/bb13c196278295d21aaec2e3d4dfae8c.jpg","w":506,"h":376,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/b\/bb13c196278295d21aaec2e3d4dfae8c"}particles.jpg

Eradicor

I would love to put a screenshot here, but i cant because i dont have net on my own computer.

X-G

Current project attached. Not a game project.

Inphernic

Nice design, X-G.

Gnatinator

Here is a screenshot of my shareware WIP. 8-)

Currently its in Alpha, most engine operational, some art done and some gameplay done. I hope to get it completed in time to enter the IGF Student Showcase for this year :D

http://dragoon.pacdat.net/mastergnat.PNG teh cockz

Made in 100% allegro/allegrogl along with some of my own homebrew text and button libs. ;)

Frank Drebin

(still) brutalo deluxe - needs multiplayer ;)

http://www.allegro.cc/depot/screenshots/2087_large.png

Gnatinator

Carl: Sweeet!!

23: Thats slick man! Blender all the way here too ;)

Frank: I remember playing that like awhile ago. :P Still looks the same to me.

Frank Drebin

screenshots wanted so i post one ;)
as i mentioned before there is not much change yet (->multiplayer) :P

Gnatinator

Ashteth, Inphernic: 1337! ;D On behalf of us blender people I must ask you, what program do you use for graphics?

Peter Wang

I dare say you won't be impressed :-) It's a uni project: an AI program to play a simple board game against other programs, written in prolog.

Torbjörn Josefsson

Ashteth: Looks Very nice - but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be spelled "Strategem", not "Stratagem" :)

Peter Wang: Prolog rocks :) We use it very much at my company - there are a bunch of prologs out there with good connections to GUI's by the way :)

Peter Wang
Quote:

here are a bunch of prologs out there with good connections to GUI's by the way :)

Don't need it, I knocked up a visualiser for the game output in about ten minutes, using Allegro. Posting the xterm output was more fun though :-)

spellcaster
Quote:

I hear that! Whats your name and I'll add you to my friends list sometime I'm dumb!

Well, I play on the Europe realm :)
But my main accounts are GlordFunkelhand and SyntaxError.

Evert

If you insist... this is what I'm working on at the moment.
For games or Allegro related stuff, you'll have to check my webpage (I actually do work on things regularly).
Didn't see this thread earlier for some reason.

Ultio

Everybody's got some really good stuff here. Seeing it all gets me pretty motivated to do work. Yes! Unfortunately my current project isn't at the stage where I can even take screenshots of it, really. :) I need to get on top of that.. fast.

Now, I wonder how many of these projects are going to see completion by the end of the year?

imaxcs

clicky :-)

Not much time to elaborate right now.

Morten Bendix

My current project is still Desensitized. Lost on an un-bootable NTFS drive at the moment. Though the real excuse is just that I've been lazy and unmotivated. Have been working out a story and a motive for the main character though. And switched to a tile-engine. I'll post some progress "real soon now"

pantz

Screenshot attached.

Its a rather early version of the next rewrite of my game ;) The map in the background is scrolling the the models sort of animated and move around. Oh and the menus work.

gnolam
Tobbe said:

Ashteth: Looks Very nice - but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be spelled "Strategem", not "Stratagem" :)

Nope.

mEmO
Quote:

Nope.

Wrong, he is pretty sure ;)

Krzysztof Kluczek

Screenshot from the same scene I've posted some time ago, but there are some changes since then:
- engine recoded mostly from scratch, to support many different rendering methods and materials
- uses ARB_fragment_program now (specular lighting and parallax mapping)
- my own lightmap generating tool instead Quake2 one - increased lightmap resolution and lightmap antialiasing

Screenshot attached. :)

I've tried adding relief mapping, but having one pass per light it didn't behave too well (about 11 FPS on GeForce 6800). :)

Radagar

Krzysztof Kluczek, Wow. That looks VERY impressive.

Gnatinator

I second that.

KK, that looks really awesome. :)

DanielH

Some of those look shweet!

Need to get some of mine up as well.

Torbjörn Josefsson

well, slap my butt and call me cindy!

-it seems like Everybody else in the whole net spells it the wrong way... except for me, of course! ;)

Trumgottist

My game has had IOTD and other discussion, but attached is an image nobody but me has seen before. I'm still working on that background.

Richard Phipps

Looks really nice. :)

I like that hand drawn pencil look with colouring.

Morten Bendix

Trumgottist:

Oooh, an adventure game? Definitely need more of those!

Thomas Fjellstrom

No game related stuff from me (big surprise eh? ;)) I'm lucky to work on anything, so I'll show another screen shot of mad:
{"name":"mad-06-10-04.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/a\/fa721b44984cde1a03bbeed25a2cfbc7.png","w":861,"h":717,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/a\/fa721b44984cde1a03bbeed25a2cfbc7"}mad-06-10-04.png

Its totally wip, most of the work done recently is all behind the scenes getting all that gui stuff to do something useful. ;D

Gage Manson

The only screenshots I have are not game related. Ever since we found my wife was pregnant I've been too busy to do anything. 3 more months and Caleb Matthew Weaver will be here and I'll rethink my goals. My wife wants to be a housewife and wants me to go to college for programming and game programming but I may just stick with everyday jobs (undecided right now).

Inphernic
Gage Manson earlier said:

I'm not Clayton

Gage Manson said:

The only screenshots I have are not game related. Ever since we found my wife was pregnant I've been too busy to do anything. 3 more months and Caleb Matthew Weaver will be here and I'll rethink my goals. My wife wants to be a housewife and wants me to go to college for programming and game programming but I may just stick with everyday jobs (undecided right now).

Hi, Harbinger Zero. Too bad you forgot to log out and change accounts. So you were him after all. Are you a pathological liar or something?

Thomas Fjellstrom

Give it a rest, noone cares.

Inphernic

You can be content with getting your senses bombarded with lies, Mr. Noone, but I'm not.

GameCreator

Not sure why I'm posting; it's all temporary graphics.
(The blue monster (orc?) is ripped from a game.)

Thomas Fjellstrom

DuckMan: Obsess Much?

Adol

Krzysztof Kluczek: Very nice!

Well, since the thread requires it, I relent. :-/
Sir Otis V.S. The Pernicious Jalepenos

Inphernic
Quote:

DuckMan: Obsess Much?

So you see zero tolerance to lies and/or responding to a lie as an obsession? Wow. After all these years, you still manage to surprise me (in a negative sense).

Richard Phipps

Inphernic: Wrong thread. :)

GameCreator: Looking nice! :D

I see that some people are actually doing games here.. ;)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Quote:

I see that some people are actually doing games here..

Over the past few months, I've seen quite a few decent looking games in development mentioned on the forums.

Richard Phipps

Yep, but I have a long term memory problem. :)

Mika Halttunen

Since I'm not working on any project atm, I might as well plug my latest game (SDL based, buah!), so here you go:
http://tomatoes.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html

The same old pictures there, except one from the new v1.5.

Btw. Krzysztof, that screenshot of yours looks great!

Trumgottist

RP: Thanks.
GameCreator: My blue monster is cuter than yours. :)
Morten: It was news to you? Then I clearly haven't spammed a.cc enough!

james_lohr

Some great screenshots. - Inphernic's look particularly sexy.

My game's been coming on in leaps and bounds now that I've got no internet access at home. Unfortunate that means I don't have any screenshots at the moment. I'll bring some in tomorrow though.

GameCreator
Trumgottist said:

GameCreator: My blue monster is cuter than yours.

;) Yeah, well, like I said: temporary. Besides, he'll end up being replaced by a swordsman or something. You play as a bad guy (being an undead skeleton and all).

Specter Phoenix

I manually entered my username and password (vgdes2000 *********) which should have brought up Harbinger ZERO...odd part is if you are logged in and click members (at least for me) it brings up your profile editing option and when I clicked it last night it brought up the log in screen so I entered vgdes2000 and my password thinking it would show Harbinger ZERO so I went to forums and posted last night. Then came on this morning to find that for some odd reason it signed me in as Gage so I logged in again with vgdes2000 and hopefully this time it logged me in with my ID instead of his so hopefully this will be Harbinger ZERO. I do have proof that I logged in under mine cause my wife knows all my passwords and usernames for every site I go to and she was setting beside me when I logged in.

nonnus29

I used to know a guy named Weaver in real life, he was crazy too. Maybe you're related?

Gnatinator

Mika:
I love your pre-rendered look, and those explosion effects are awesome!
I also like the thunderbolts.

Adol:
I remember that from a programming compo awhile ago. What competition was that? Heh the eyes on the Jalepenos look like something out of reboot, pretty neat.

Adol

Killer monkey with big eyeballs:
But you live in Canada right ???
Aside from that, every year the Dallas school district puts together a programming contest for the students to participate in on a voluntary basis. Myself and my best friend won primarily because Allegro is so straight forward to use when making a single-screen jump around game. Also, like I said on the site, all the graphics were done in 3d Studio Max ;)

What's reboot? :o

edit: Harbringer Zero: :o Eat plenty of Broccoli (not fried or Chinese greasy) and try not to make enemies. :-/

Specter Phoenix

The men in my family or women for that matter haven't been crazy. My father was murdered other than that my uncles are still alive. Let's see the men in my family--my mom's dad died of a heart attack, my dad's father died of a heart attack, and my father was murdered so I've got a good chance that I'm not going to like the way I dies when I'm old if I make it to be older (father was murdered when I was 9 yrs old and I think he was in his 30s or 40s).

Evert
Quote:

I manually entered my username and password (vgdes2000 *********) which should have brought up Harbinger ZERO...odd part is if you are logged in and click members (at least for me) it brings up your profile editing option and when I clicked it last night it brought up the log in screen so I entered vgdes2000 and my password thinking it would show Harbinger ZERO so I went to forums and posted last night.

Your account is broken.
Unless Inphernic is right and you're making this up (which frankly I'm tempted to believe).

Dark Nation

http://www.armageddongames.net/darknation/pix/zc_mac_pics-thumbnail.jpg (8k)
http://www.armageddongames.net/darknation/pix/zc_mac_pics-large.jpg (300k)

Zelda Classic - A clone of the Legend of Zelda for the 8-bit NES. Also, includes a quest editor to make your own quests. The quests are not limited to the original tileset or palette. Some of the quests that people have made are VERY nice. Currently run in DOS, Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. Currently looking for OS X testers. Go to http://www.armageddongames.net for more info. I'm not the original programmer, but I'm one of the two current ones.

Morten Bendix

Trumgottist: I'm pretty bad at staying up to date on anything... so it's probably just me :). Looking forward to play it.

Chris Katko

Sure, what the heck. (see attachment)

Surt

Here's an actual screenshot. Its an old abandoned project of mine, Lords of War, which I've recently started working on again, though I'm only just cleaning up the code at the moment.
http://home.iprimus.com.au/surt/low.png

Bruce Perry
Quote:

My father was murdered other than that my uncles are still alive.

Your father was one of your uncles? Your mother's brother then? Uh I mean sorry to hear that. :-/

Screenshot of my current project attached.

Trumgottist

BP: Looks good!

james_lohr

Here're some shots of my current project:

[url http://www.lohr.co.uk/stuff/tbs_shots/shot1.PNG]
small1.PNG [/url]

[url http://www.lohr.co.uk/stuff/tbs_shots/shot2.PNG]
small2.PNG [/url]

[url http://www.lohr.co.uk/stuff/tbs_shots/shot3.PNG]
small3.PNG [/url]

I think I deserve a cookie for bothering with thumbnails...

Richard Phipps

That looks a VERY interesting game there James. How does it play? :)
(Oh, you might want to paste the full pics as JPEG's though.)

FMC

James Lohr: the pics look nice :)
BTW are you using Hippy's Trip's graphical engine?

james_lohr
Quote:

How does it play?

It's a turn based strategy game that plays a bit like a cross between Heroes III and Advance Wars. Like Heroes III, you control heroes which carry units (in this case cards) around with them. Unlike Heroes III and more like Advance Wars, battles will happen over a period of many turns and may involve many heroes.

The essence of the game will be the dynamics of these battles which have the major twist of being played on a surface (like a platformer). On top of this the whole world rotates after each turn, causing heroes and buildings to fall into the sky under certain conditions (There will be a "fairy dust"-like critical resource required to keep things from falling).

Quote:

BTW are you using Hippy's Trip's graphical engine?

Yes and no. In actual fact Hippy's Trip uses an early version of this game's graphics engine. I started making this game long before the SH competition and then when SH 2004 came along I decided to rip what I had so far of this engine. The engine is now far superior to the version used in Hippy's Trip, with tessellation for real time lighting, better culling, dynamic texture loading and loads of other stuff. I've been working much on the games GFX, so the GFX engine is capable of a lot more than what's seen in the screenshots.

Thread #414993. Printed from Allegro.cc