Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Let's see your screenshots

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Let's see your screenshots
kazzmir
Member #1,786
December 2001

heres a game I work on occasionally.. i hope to finish by the end of the year, but who knows :P
{"name":"in-game.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/f\/4fe69d10b5d20dca8c47b7c3abe5a772.jpg","w":640,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/f\/4fe69d10b5d20dca8c47b7c3abe5a772"}in-game.jpg

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Sha-weet, kazz. O_o

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Quote:

Spellcaster

I hear that! Whats your name and I'll add you to my friends list sometime I'm dumb!.

Anyways to keep on topic.

I have a map editor which I am working on. I made 2 tiles so far... So its rather very boring and unprofessional. Nothing of Screenshot material yet.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Ashteth
Member #3,310
March 2003

Well, if it's that time of year again, what can I do...

Screen showing my new OpenGL based GUI. GUI features multiple windows, drop down lists, scroll bars etc, so get back to work Steve and Miran, you've got competition:) This screen also shows a particle system that can be edited in the menu and loaded / saved to disk.
Particle System

The main intro menus are complete (background changes, fades in/out etc). Incidentally, this also uses my GL GUI with custom textured buttons.
Intro Menu
Logo alternates with fades in and out of star field:
Intro Menu B

Sometimes you get to see this for a while:
Load Screen

If you've been paying attention, you'll note that I've changed the name of my project once again (its tradition), but rest assured that this is the same 2D game I've been working on for years... This time the name has a very specific meaning that will become obvious if you ever get to play it:)

As always, the demo will be out when its ready. Sooner rather than later, I hope:)

Inphernic
Member #1,111
March 2001

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

At the moment i'm not really working on a game; i have already a bunch of ideas but i'm spending some time to improve confidence with special effects...

The infamous doom screen-melt screen transition:
{"name":"doommelt.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/9\/29c15aecc5369c7104d58756a737aa52.jpg","w":511,"h":382,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/9\/29c15aecc5369c7104d58756a737aa52"}doommelt.jpg

Some particles with the help of fblend:
{"name":"particles.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/b\/bb13c196278295d21aaec2e3d4dfae8c.jpg","w":506,"h":376,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/b\/bb13c196278295d21aaec2e3d4dfae8c"}particles.jpg

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Eradicor
Member #2,992
December 2002

I would love to put a screenshot here, but i cant because i dont have net on my own computer.

| Visit The site |
{Creating realms from dreams since 1995}

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Current project attached. Not a game project.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Inphernic
Member #1,111
March 2001

Nice design, X-G.

Gnatinator
Member #2,330
May 2002

Here is a screenshot of my shareware WIP. 8-)

Currently its in Alpha, most engine operational, some art done and some gameplay done. I hope to get it completed in time to enter the IGF Student Showcase for this year :D

http://dragoon.pacdat.net/mastergnat.PNG teh cockz

Made in 100% allegro/allegrogl along with some of my own homebrew text and button libs. ;)

Frank Drebin
Member #2,987
December 2002

(still) brutalo deluxe - needs multiplayer ;)

http://www.allegro.cc/depot/screenshots/2087_large.png

Gnatinator
Member #2,330
May 2002

Carl: Sweeet!!

23: Thats slick man! Blender all the way here too ;)

Frank: I remember playing that like awhile ago. :P Still looks the same to me.

Frank Drebin
Member #2,987
December 2002

screenshots wanted so i post one ;)
as i mentioned before there is not much change yet (->multiplayer) :P

Gnatinator
Member #2,330
May 2002

Ashteth, Inphernic: 1337! ;D On behalf of us blender people I must ask you, what program do you use for graphics?

Peter Wang
Member #23
April 2000

I dare say you won't be impressed :-) It's a uni project: an AI program to play a simple board game against other programs, written in prolog.

Torbjörn Josefsson
Member #1,048
September 2000

Ashteth: Looks Very nice - but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be spelled "Strategem", not "Stratagem" :)

Peter Wang: Prolog rocks :) We use it very much at my company - there are a bunch of prologs out there with good connections to GUI's by the way :)

--
Specialization is for insects

Peter Wang
Member #23
April 2000

Quote:

here are a bunch of prologs out there with good connections to GUI's by the way :)

Don't need it, I knocked up a visualiser for the game output in about ten minutes, using Allegro. Posting the xterm output was more fun though :-)

spellcaster
Member #1,493
September 2001

Quote:

I hear that! Whats your name and I'll add you to my friends list sometime I'm dumb!

Well, I play on the Europe realm :)
But my main accounts are GlordFunkelhand and SyntaxError.

--
There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

If you insist... this is what I'm working on at the moment.
For games or Allegro related stuff, you'll have to check my webpage (I actually do work on things regularly).
Didn't see this thread earlier for some reason.

Ultio
Member #1,336
April 2001

Everybody's got some really good stuff here. Seeing it all gets me pretty motivated to do work. Yes! Unfortunately my current project isn't at the stage where I can even take screenshots of it, really. :) I need to get on top of that.. fast.

Now, I wonder how many of these projects are going to see completion by the end of the year?

---
"It's nice knowing that someday, the software I write will just be pirated by millions of people." :-/
http://loomsoft.net | Zep's Dreamland | Allegro Newbie Tutorials

imaxcs
Member #4,036
November 2003

clicky :-)

Not much time to elaborate right now.

Morten Bendix
Member #1,386
June 2001

My current project is still Desensitized. Lost on an un-bootable NTFS drive at the moment. Though the real excuse is just that I've been lazy and unmotivated. Have been working out a story and a motive for the main character though. And switched to a tile-engine. I'll post some progress "real soon now"

pantz
Member #3,387
March 2003

Screenshot attached.

Its a rather early version of the next rewrite of my game ;) The map in the background is scrolling the the models sort of animated and move around. Oh and the menus work.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Tobbe said:

Ashteth: Looks Very nice - but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be spelled "Strategem", not "Stratagem" :)

Nope.

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

mEmO
Member #1,124
March 2001

Quote:

Nope.

Wrong, he is pretty sure ;)

---------------------------------------------
There is only one God, and Connor is his son!
http://www.memocomputers.com
Happy birthday!

Go to: