Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Let's see your screenshots

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Let's see your screenshots
mEmO
Member #1,124
March 2001

User Datagram Protocol. Commonly used for online gaming. Unfortunately my UNI's decided to block absolutely all traffic of the kind. ::)

---------------------------------------------
There is only one God, and Connor is his son!
http://www.memocomputers.com
Happy birthday!

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

I have been working on something! Not a game, though, just learning the basics of Irrlicht by making a neato demo called Massive! It moves an army of soldiers across terrain, yay! Inspired by Rome: Total War (I played the demo, didn't like it though, wasn't my style of game).

Massive

Side note: Did you know they're using the Rome: Total War engine in a TV show on the History Channel? They use it to play out battle scenes and stuff. Kinda funny :P

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

X-Com! Woot woot woot!! I love X-com and Laser Squad. ;D

How much have you done Carl? :)

EDIT:
William: Those pics look very nice (but you might want to use Jpeg's, they are indeed massive!). The programme you described sounds suspiciously like a UK show on here last year called Time Commanders where a team of 4 friends refought historical battles using the total war engine.

Was pretty good I thought.

Anyway, it's nice to see some people are working on games. :)

Surt
Member #273
April 2000

:P Nothing, its just a mockup I did for a pixelation challenge, ages ago. ;)

---
--
-

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

You people are sick.

Edit

Quote:

Don't have a screenshot either, eh?

...Yep. Pretty much. ;D

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

Chris: I don't see no ingame screenshots there.. :P :D

Work lately has been on Bola. And this relates to animation, which doesn't come over too well in screen shots anyway. ;)

Here; a little teaser of the new jump-punch against the new first-level miniboss.

teaser.png

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Carl: :P Why stop now? :)

Chris: Drools! Looks gorgeous! I'm jealous.. :-/

How are you doing those impact rays? prerendered?

SonShadowCat
Member #1,548
September 2001

I need to get back to work on my text game. I stopped after I lost all my work.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Quote:

Derezo: What kind of game?

Well, it's an Action RPG.. but I haven't 100% decided on the style. It's going to be based around a single character (and not a party) so I have a couple options. I'm thinking something along the lines of zelda.

However, I have so little of it done so far that it's rather open ended. At this point I can change the project into almost anything... and an RPG still seems like way too much work for one person, even an action rpg. I always have troubles with media, and that's very discouraging for me. :(
Only time will tell....

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Since you have the largest simpsons catalog known to man, why not use all the simpsons characters, object drawings and backgrounds, and make it a simpsons RPG? ;D

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

heh, although that'd be funny, I'd need someone else to do all the image ripping to make it actually look good..

So, How about no? Ya crazy dutch bastard... ;)

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

anywho as promised my current projects:
Sekrit new GUI, not much going on now but most of the subystems are done so work on actual widgets will start before too long.
{"name":"awe.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/7\/97c2e0ff7073f1e3cf278ac26eb0632e.png","w":804,"h":631,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/7\/97c2e0ff7073f1e3cf278ac26eb0632e"}awe.png
My old GUI, NAS, not exactly abandonware, this is a new theme I made that resembles java swing.
{"name":"nas.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/9\/b921530850542031e905bae035bc7c7c.png","w":1024,"h":768,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/9\/b921530850542031e905bae035bc7c7c"}nas.png
Space shooter clone from a sega genesis game, kinda dark becase it's fading in but i'm still working on enemies and haven't really worked on it in a while :(
{"name":"solpeace.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/c\/5c083f06fb3b5f9a7a700a86c642c04a.png","w":646,"h":512,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/c\/5c083f06fb3b5f9a7a700a86c642c04a"}solpeace.png

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Quote:

I'd need someone else to do all the image ripping to make it actually look good..

True. I forgot that you hadn't mastered the sharpen tool yet. ;)

EDIT: Steve, I like the NASgui Skin. And the shooter has that great console TV look. :)

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

William Heatley, 1.5MB .png; are you insane? My dial up can't handle that.....

This is the most recent recreational project I've coded. The level editor for the failed team allegro project starfox during july/aug.

And this is the project before that. I coded that mainly in june.

I've been waiting for some inspiration before I start another project......

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

Derezo..at first I thought you were crazy with the simpson collection and all, but now I can see you're nuts. :-/

Go ML! Always with the strong viewpoints.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

This is a screenshot of the project I'm currently working on: Animal Cookies: Fighter. I'm using the same graphics of my last speedhack entry, but they're going to change soon.

In the screenshot you can see (besides DevC++): Arina (left) throwing a kick against Juliette, and the region where their frames collide is marked in red.

-R

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

I always have troubles with media, and that's very discouraging for me. :(

I was hanging out with a friend of mine on Sunday, and after discussion had gone through my game, his anime artwork, Street Fighter, anime in general, and various other interests, he asked me about a fighting game I had hinted I was working on. It's an exercise in developing Bola (as TMS has been lately) and when asked what kind of characters I would be using, I told him it was going to be sort of a "Pocket Fighter" clone using the 8-Bit Theatre cast. No, I'm not joking; I've planned out quite a bit of the moves and such, actually. ;D I also thought of making a fighting game using web comic characters (Skull, Junpei, the CTS, the Shirt Ninja, Aeris, Strong Mad, etc) ... anyway, the point was I had no original characters. So he offered to develop some, since he's been doing some of that lately anyway. Hardcore SF nut and anime artist drawing my animations for me? Score! :D

Quote:

How are you doing those impace rays? prerendered?

... impace?

EDIT: Oh; impact. Those are stolen from Street Fighter Alpha 3. I need to replace those ...

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Sorry, typo.. I meant impact. :)
As for the pocket fighter: Super smash brothers style? ;)

Jorram: Looks a good start.

Kanzure
Member #3,669
July 2003

Quote:

As for the pocket fighter: Super smash brothers style?

Super Smash Brothers style with a hint of Paper Mario in a fighter would be...awesome. :)

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

As for the pocket fighter: Super smash brothers style?

Street Fighter, but with super-deformed characters like the first Final Fantasy already looks like. :)

http://www.gamerankings.com/screens3/23901/5.jpg

Like that. It will be able to save replays, and I'd like Internet multiplayer too. 4 player like SSBM would be cool too, but I'm not looking at that right now. I like SF more than SSBM; thanks. :)

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

RallyMonkey
Member #4,615
May 2004

Mr.Bob said:

Side note: Did you know they're using the Rome: Total War engine in a TV show on the History Channel? They use it to play out battle scenes and stuff. Kinda funny

Decisive Battles. Awesome show. Within the few weeks of school so far we have already watched it twice in World Studies. So it was made with Rome: Total War? I was actually going to ask if anyone knew what it was made with, a couple of days ago.

NOTICE: This post's grammar/spelling/puncuation is definitive. English is frequently inaccurate.
---
"Puppet Sex!!!!" - Goalie Ca

Sirocco
Member #88
April 2000

Too busy. Look toward the end of the year.

-->
Graphic file formats used to fascinate me, but now I find them rather satanic.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

For the record, I got that magazine article deal (for those who don't read my journal) and the screen update API is the current GameDev "Sweet Snippet". So that's other stuff I've been up to.

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

spellcaster
Member #1,493
September 2001

This screenshot is not related to any coding project I'm working on.
Right now I'm playing around alot with the 3d packages I bought and with Flash MX. Both is very fun ;)
Combine that with my DiabloII addiction and there's no much time left I could spend coding...

--
There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Radagar
Member #2,768
September 2002

My current project is under heavy design right now, and I don't have any code yet to produce much of a screenshot. I have the start of a map editor, but it's only text at the moment.

However, the story is FREAKIN' AWESOME!. I recruited my brother to help me out, and he took over the story design while I do the coding. Wow.
He's been DM'ing D&D games for about 25 years straight, so he has quite an imagination. I'd say the story he whipped up for our RPG is more than worthy for a Final Fantasy title. I just hope we can pull it off and actually complete the game!

------------
Radagar - So your vote is for A.D.H.D.?
Chris Katko - Well, that was uninten--ooh kitty!

Go to: