Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Nicks and Avatars

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Nicks and Avatars
Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

When I read hgttg the second time it occured to me that they could have told Marvin to figure out the question, that should have given his computing power something to do for a while.

phate
Member #2,235
April 2002

You would think that wouldn't you

-----
For my next trick... ah fark it.
[Website][Twitter]

Matt Smith
Member #783
November 2000

The Big Question was about Life, The Universe and Everything.

Marvin said:

Life! Don't talk to me about life.

So, Marvin's refusal to enter a normal, healthy manic/depressive cycle is his own fault.

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

I have been struggeling not to post in this thread, but as it popped up to the top once again i can no longer hold myself back! ;)

Nick explanation: kentl actually stands for kent larsson :o, but in a shorter version! Suprise!

Avatar explanation: The magicans in my avatar is part of some game graphics a friend of mine created a loong time ago for a game we where about to do in Amos (which never got finished). ;D I will see to that it comes to use though, as the very same magican is starring as the main character in my very secret project. ;)

Reno Midgar
Member #4,792
July 2004

Well this thread is almost as good as dead but what the hey...

Nick: Reno, the turk from FF7, I liked his style and always aspired to be a nasty bar-steward.

Avatar: Err....Reno, the turk from FF7, I liked his style and always aspired to be a nasty bar-steward.

Do you beleive in Time Travel?

Lenman
Member #4,522
April 2004

Nick: My RL name is Lennart, but some gangster dudes call me Lenman, Master Lenman to be exact (I would change my Nick to Master Lenman, if it was possible in this forum). I think it sounds cool so I started using it as my online nickname.

Avatar: It's the logo of John Titor's military unit.

John Titor said:

There is a patch. It is round and has a graphic of a Kerr singularity (sort of looks like an eye with gravity waves around it) with two spiral paths running through its center. One path represents the "safe" way and the other is the path to God. The bottom of the patch has my unit number along with "Temporal Recon" printed on it. However, we remove any identification and patches before we go anywhere.

--------------------------------------------------------
My newest game: Tough Terry|Come visit my homepage!

Perhaps I should let you all in on a little secret. No one likes you in the future. This time period is looked at as being full of lazy, self-centered, civically ignorant sheep. -John Titor

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

Reno, the turk from FF7

Final Fantasy VII? Well, crap. I have to hate you now. ;)

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Oscar Giner
Member #2,207
April 2002

Quote:

Final Fantasy VII? Well, crap.

No, I have to hate you now. How can you :'(

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Well if it makes you feel better, I still hate FFVIII more ...

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

As long as you don't hate the almighty Chrono Trigger...

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I love CT. It and FFIII are the reigning tag team champions of the console RPG universe.

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Oscar Giner
Member #2,207
April 2002

Quote:

Well if it makes you feel better, I still hate FFVIII more ...

Ah, good boy :) I also hate FFVIII.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

I daren't play any new RPG's. I'd never have any free time.

Ontopic: My nick is my name and my avatars have changed a lot over the last few years.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

My nick is my name and my avatars have changed a lot over the last few years.

Not to mention your membership ID...

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Reno Midgar
Member #4,792
July 2004

Ok.........you LOVE Chrono Trigger but HATE FF7? Err...exsqueeze me? Baking soda? What a quendo....

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

Ok.........you LOVE Chrono Trigger but HATE FF7?

Well ... I guess "hate" is a bit strong. But it was nothing special, and very underwhelming after it's immediate predecessor. Waste of my money. Chrono Trigger, OTOH, is universally hailed as one of the greatest games of all time. "Awesome" doesn't quite do the game justice, "beloved" might be closer.

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Quote:

Chrono Trigger, OTOH, is universally hailed as one of the greatest games of all time. "Awesome" doesn't quite do the game justice, "beloved" might be closer.

Agreed! Everything about the game is good.

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Well, Final Fantasy ended with FFVI.

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

Reno Midgar
Member #4,792
July 2004

Well, call me insane (my Mum always did) but I think FF7 is a far better game than Chrono Trigger, far FAR better!

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

You're insane.

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Adol
Member #2,328
May 2002

Agreed that FF8 wasn't too impressive... But as for FF7, I have just one word for you: C'mon! C'mooooon!!
Guess I must be insane too.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I'm a huge fan of FF7. I'd probably say it's one of the best in the series.
FFXI is turning out to be quite good aswell.. but... I have like 72+ hours of gameplay in right now, and I'm not even very far in it. :(
Takes forever to do anything, really.

Liked FF8, but it had it's issues. Was far too easy with the GF system's flaws.
FF9 was an improvement in terms of storyline, setting, and gameplay. It still lacked the difficulty of earlier games in the series.
The same can be said of FFX. Awesome story, setting, gameplay.. but the difficulty only lies in the mini-games and nowhere else. :(

Final Fantasy Tactics is my true love, though. It might not be directly into the series with that little 'Tactics' flag, but I don't care. It's still amazine ;D

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Reno Midgar
Member #4,792
July 2004

Damn Right! Mastering all the magics, getting a Golden Chocobo, beating the two Weapons (Ruby and Diamond), getting all the limit breaks.....god I wish I still had a playstation!

ReyBrujo
January 2001

FF6 and CT in the peak. Secret of Mana 3 very close to them. I would add Front Mission lagging behind. And Dragon Quest V, but I could not advance a lot there. Those are my favorites.

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

Go to: