Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Nicks and Avatars

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Nicks and Avatars
Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Front Mission ... .. 3, right? ;)
FM3 is a pretty awesome game. So is FM4, but... uhh.. I haven't been able to play it much since I got it.. a friend insisted I buy FFXI :(

Never played the original front mission games on SNES.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Oh, maybe I should have said, but guess it was understood. The games that most impressed me are SNES ones. PS never end to use its full capabilities, so I never get happy with them.

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

DanTheKat
Member #1,990
March 2002

FF VIII's gameplay and Disc 3's romantic storyline were on drugs.

FF VII was alright, but it borrowed a lot of plot elements from FF VI. I refused to waste my time breeding chocobos and I was still able to defeat the final boss without Knights of the Round (and I didn't use Cloud's Limit Break until the game automatically gives it to you).

FF VI was great, but the only problem was with the lack of difficulty near the end and the game of "Pass the Magicite."

I haven't played CT, FF IV, or FF V in awhile. I recently completed FF I, which is one of the better FF's (I completed the NES version, by the way).

FFT was awesome. FFTA is so much inferior (I know 23yrold will disagree). I'll have to borrow FFT sometime in the future.

---
"Even the best spellcaster can't transmute bread into bread." - spellcaster

Steve Terry
Member #1,989
March 2002

The Lunar series for the SegaCD and PS were good ;D Gotta love those classic sprite based RPG's... excellent storyline though for the day.

Oscar Giner
Member #2,207
April 2002

Quote:

I'm a huge fan of FF7. I'd probably say it's one of the best in the series.

Ah, finally someone with a good taste ;D

Probably I'm not a big fan of FF6 just because it didn't arrive here (FF7 is the first FF for us europeans :(). So I played it late, with an emulator, which is not the same as playing it on the real snes. Same for CT. Very few RPG's arrived here for snes, and my level of english at that time was not really enough for an RPG :-/

But I found both FF6 and CT great games :)

Quote:

Never played the original front mission games on SNES.

I liked it very much :) But it ended being very hard, maybe I did something wrong :-/ You'll need to find an english patch, because the game is in japanese.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Quote:

But it ended being very hard, maybe I did something wrong :-/

They fixed that in the third! Near the end you get this laser canon that more or less instantly kills a wanzer part from an insane distance with perfect accuracy every time. ::)
It's sort of silly.. because after that, every fight was easy.

Apparently FM4 gets very hard near the middle.. but I haven't even made it that far yet.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

If you can't figure out my nickname and avatar you don't deserve to be working with games at all ;)

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

mystiscool
Member #4,441
March 2004

Gnolam: looks kinda like the secret psychotic bunny character from Dark Forces 2 or Jedi Outcast, I can't remember which...

Rejoice, glory is ours - our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers, the tapes have recorded their names.
ELP's lyrics about the evils of tape backup systems

Oscar Giner
Member #2,207
April 2002

For me, it's from Sam & Max Hit the Road :o (Don't make me tell if the rabit was Sam or Max).

mystiscool
Member #4,441
March 2004

Max. I've never heard of Sam & Max Hit the Road, but they had a hidden character in Dark Forces 2 (I think) that looks exactly like that. It had a machine gun, and was invincible. Kinda like a mad killer bunny.

Rejoice, glory is ours - our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers, the tapes have recorded their names.

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

mystiscool: You. Off the forums. Now. >:( ;)

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

mystiscool
Member #4,441
March 2004

No offense meant...

Oscar Giner
Member #2,207
April 2002

Dark Forces 2 is from Lucas Arts. Sam&Max is from Lucas Arts. Lucas Arts likes doing this stuff (you could play as Guybrush Threepwood in Indiana Jones & The Infernal Machine :o)

Trumgottist
Member #95
April 2000

1) Sam & Max Hit the Road is one of the best games ever made.
2) Max has had cameo appearances in many LucasArts games.
3) "Should I confront, pummel, and subdue the suspected perpetrator, Sam?"

--
"I always prefer to believe the best of everybody - it saves so much time." - Rudyard Kipling

Play my game: Frasse and the Peas of Kejick

james_lohr
Member #1,947
February 2002

:( Scrolled through the posts and can't see Spellcaster anywhere. I want to know where he got his avatar from.

My nickname: I didn't get asked for a nickname so I made up a random name that sounded cool - my real name is John Marwood Cleese ::).

My avatar: No link/significance to anything, just purely random.

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Gnolam: Master Of Orion ? ;D

gnolamwar.jpg
http://www.mithyk.com/stationprime/gnolam.jpg

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Trumgottist
Member #95
April 2000

What's he doing? Playing air-violin?

--
"I always prefer to believe the best of everybody - it saves so much time." - Rudyard Kipling

Play my game: Frasse and the Peas of Kejick

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

Mithrandir: yay, cookies for you ;)

Trumgottist: Yep. The upper picture is a Gnolam Pianist, and the bottom one is a Gnolam Violinist. A properly trained and equipped symphony orchestra is the key to victory in Master Of Orion 2 ;)

--

Go to: