Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Anybody down for speedhack?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Anybody down for speedhack?
GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

26 June noted.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Arvidsson
Member #4,603
May 2004

Won't be able to join :( Next time!

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Yeah, I'm gonna be in S.C. the day before that (and possibly leading into Friday). So not sure if I'll be able to make it.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

devo_au
Member #15,282
August 2013

Hey whats a speedhack for the noobs like me?

it wasn't me, it was other kids

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

devo_au said:

Hey whats a speedhack for the noobs like me?

http://www.speedhack.allegro.cc/intro

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Yeah, I'm gonna be in S.C. the day before that (and possibly leading into Friday). So not sure if I'll be able to make it.

That still leaves you 2 days ;).

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

SiegeLord said:

That still leaves you 2 days ;).

Yeah, but things like that tend to leave me bedridden for a last a few days afterward. :)

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Awesome, I'm going to be extremely rusty, but I think I can make this one. At least, a 10 to 16 hour game in that timeframe.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Omg there's going to be like 3 people in it. :-[

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

I'm going to take a Friday off for this occasion 8-). I've a lot of trouble motivating myself (not even Shia LaBeouf can help me), so I can't miss this opportunity to make something :P.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

I was so looking forward to this - but managed to completely ruin my finger last week, and this has to stay on for 7 weeks...

{"name":"609472","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/4\/8464635fcfe61997df80a954467d6a0d.jpg","w":480,"h":640,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/4\/8464635fcfe61997df80a954467d6a0d"}609472

:'( :'( :'(

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

TYPE SLOWER! You're breaking your fingers!

-----sig:

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

I'm going to try to participate.

I start that job I applied for on Monday, but I'm not working Fridays until August! I'll officially hold my first actual programming position in 3 days! w00t!

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Derezo said:

I'll officially hold my first actual programming position in 3 days!

No way!

I've been hired for my first actual programming position too. I "start" on Monday, but we're waiting on work visa processing to be done by Service Canada. So, I might not actually be able to start on that date.

That's awesome, congratulations!

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I think I'll join up.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I've been hired for my first actual programming position too. I

I just got interviewed for a big firm. I didn't pass their programming expectations for a Software Dev II. :-/

My current job is so terrible, I never get to program except as a hobby, so my skills have gotten very rusty when it comes to more fundamental problems like optimizing an algorithm down to linear time. :(

My job consists of "Google why Microsoft's trash excuse for software keeps throwing exceptions."

-----sig:

devo_au
Member #15,282
August 2013

Yeh i'm down for speedhack. 26th of June works me. Gonna pop my speed hack cherry, Ooohh It's on like Donkey Kong ;D

it wasn't me, it was other kids

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Omg there's going to be like 3 people in it. :-[

I'm sure there are at least a few people lurking out there that are gonna join, but not post in the thread. That's the way it usually works anyway.

I just got interviewed for a big firm. I didn't pass their programming expectations for a Software Dev II. :-/

What did they expect you to know for the position? I'm interested in what employers are actually looking for.

Anyway, I'm in too. ;) The hardest part for me is coming up with ideas that fit the rules. :/

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

We'll see. I have tentative plans for that Saturday, but I still might be able to churn something out. (probably not though, of course)

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

StevenVI
Member #562
July 2000

Now to see if it gets posted before the event... ;)

I've been thinking for years that it'd be fun to be able to participate in one of these again, but as always will never have that kind of time.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

When can we sign up?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Everybody go add some new rules:

http://www.speedhack.allegro.cc/rule-o-matic/add

It doesn't look like anybody has in a while.

Go to: