Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Anybody down for speedhack?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Anybody down for speedhack?
GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Some don't like ass liking ;D

The results, damnit !!

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

So when's Speed Hack?

==========================
<--- The ghost with the most!
---------------------------
[Website] [Youtube]

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

^^

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Finally, the results are up:

http://www.speedhack.allegro.cc/2015/results

I never was able to actually play the games other than to take screenshots, so (un)fortunately there are no profound write-ups.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Yay Leverton!

I was genuinely worried about you. I hope everything's ok.

Time to check out the results! 8-)

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I was genuinely worried about you. I hope everything's ok.

Just earlier today, I was worried he was dead in some Tijuana flophouse, felled by hookers and blow, so I googled him, and he'd made some commits on github the previous day. There really is no privacy anymore. /s

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

So, that's what you've been doing, eh Arthur?

I was hitting the bottle. :-/

{"name":"ad_2966960.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/2\/a2c25c9b94e2c669ecd6a732873be32f.jpg","w":1000,"h":745,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/2\/a2c25c9b94e2c669ecd6a732873be32f"}ad_2966960.jpg

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Woohoo!

Well worth the wait :D

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Thanks for the work Matt. I Hope everything is fine.

At least I got an 'Honorable mention' yay ^^

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I got nothing. Next time.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

With no succes, I tried in 2005, 2009, 2014.
I finished and submitted a working entry only this year.
So, well, even if I'm happy with that, I hope I'll be better next time.

I wish the same for you all too !

Playing the entries was also a cool part of the contest :-D

:)

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I've been speedhacking and tins-is-not-speedhacking since 2001 - first time I got top marks.

That's even more surprising considering I was the competition organiser half the time :)

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I like the results :D

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Congratulations to all who tried, submitted and especially to those who won. Great year! I'm super excited to place in the "Best Idea" category after experimenting with A5 on a Mac environment for the first time! I need to work on my execution skills. 8-)

For pure randomness, here's a viewable folder I opened up in drive to track time and take scratch notes. Enjoy!

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Wish I had been able to play more of the entries. Shiznit just didn't work for me. :/

Couldn't get teacher or human cpu to compile and couldn't get chip farm to run.

teacher fails with :

error: expected identifier or '(' before 'char'
     LandFont * small;

on line 23 of game.h :

LandFont * small;

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Woohoo, congratulations to all involved. I enjoyed all of the entries, even the incomplete ones.

One thing I mentioned on the IRC, is that if people want more of these competitions (and to avoid infringing on our dear leader's busy schedule) we could always have an Allegro 'team' for LudumDare. LudumDare provides the most of the boring bits including blogs etc, and we'd just treat it as another SpeedHack, perhaps replacing one of the SpeedHack rules with the pathetic excuse LudumDare calls a 'theme' and restricting ourselves to use Allegro.

I won't be participating this weekend for sure, but if anybody wants to do it next time (or just do it without me) I'd be interested in trying it.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Maybe we could use a set of (curated) rules from the spinner.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

If there is interest I could host another TINS later in the year. The website is having problems though, I'd have to fix that one of these days.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I hope we do more! I couldn't participate in this one, I was out driving across the states for work.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Does LudumDare allow teams? We could just all enter as a big team and do a Monday project entry :)

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

That'd actually be pretty neat! I've never collaborated with any of you before. That might be really fun to coordinate all of us all over the world on a game.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

TinoR
Member #1,343
May 2001

It would be fun to do a group project even if it wasn't part of a competition.

We could implement same rule system speedhack has but we wouldn't be competing against each other and make it longer like over a week or up to three weeks.

That way we actually get a finished game in a short time and it doesn't get in a abandoned unfinished state (it would be done even if it isn't done 8-)).

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

That way we actually get a finished game in a short time and it doesn't get in a abandoned unfinished state

So that's how it's done!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Go to: