Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » minecraft

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
minecraft
J-Gamer
Member #12,491
January 2011

kdevil said:

And it also removes item duplication bug.

And that while I have found a way to generate unlimited amounts of sand/gravel: that glitch with sand stacked a few stories high, obsidian to keep it from pushing sand too far and a trench filled with torches with a walkway next to it to pick up all the sand :D

" There are plenty of wonderful ideas in The Bible, but God isn't one of them." - Derezo
"If your body was a business, thought would be like micro-management and emotions would be like macro-management. If you primarily live your life with emotions, then you are prone to error on the details. If you over-think things all the time you tend to lose scope of priorities." - Mark Oates

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

gnolam said:

I have never ever seen a slime in Minecraft. :P

Neither did I until I went out of my way to figure out what chunks they spawned in via the link posted earlier.

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Do we have the server seed?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

I saw a great video the other week where someone generated an infinite cobblestone generator.

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Neil Black did that above; clever idea.

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Cobblestone, the only block you can generate legitly with pistons in Minecraft.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

I had to pick out the world seed from my save, then type it into the Slime Finder app on my netbook[1], take a screen shot of the map it produced and transfer it to my main computer, figure out approximate coordinates from it, and then build a slime farm... but I've finally seen slimes in Minecraft. And farmed them for slime balls.

References

1. I revoked the Windows Java environment's browser privileges long ago :P

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Neil Black did that above; clever idea.

I actually didn't even think about the infinite cobblestone generator until I had finished my self-repairing bridge. Then I was like... "Hmm... testing my bridge has given me a bunch of cobbl- I AM A GENIUS!"

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

The update didn't fix whatever is causing the server to not save player data

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

That might be an issue with the server itself.

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

In the meantime, it's allowing me to duplicate the items I was holding at the time! So... lots of pink wool, coal, and torches.

Ah well.

I'm off for a week (travelling, and my laptop isn't powerful enough to play anything made in the last 10 years). Hopefully when I get back the server will be fixed, but my stash of duplicated inventory stuff will still be intact. ;)

-----
"I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

How do you duplicate coal, and why would you duplicate coal and torches when charcoal and torches are subsidized in town?

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

Every time I reconnect I end up at the same place with the same items in my inventory, but changes I make to the world stick.

So I made a chest, stuck items into it, disconnected, reconnected, and suddenly I have those items in my inventory as well as the chest! With a sequence of connecting, putting items in the chest, disconnecting, reconnecting, etc., I can make any number of copies of what I had in my inventory at the time this server bug began.

I duplicated the coal and torches just for the hell of it, but have the subsidized items in town been restocked lately? Last I checked, the chests were almost empty.

-----

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Ah, okay. I thought you were doing the sticky-blocks hack.

Is there a way for the server to automate the chest editing via scripts to refill stocks?

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

someone972
Member #7,719
August 2006

Any word on when the server might be running normally?

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why. -Unknown
I have recklessly set in motion a chain of events with the potential to so-drastically change the path of my life that I can only find it to be beautifully frightening.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

The server seems to be running even worse right now. I've been experiencing multiple disconnects and the last few times I've tried to connect, there's been around a 10 second lag.

edit: Great, and now I discover that the area I spent a few hours working on earlier today has been replaced by a rectangular block of random terrain.

I'm out until it gets fixed.

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

This game really needs hatredcopter!

video

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

---
MiquelFire.red

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

This lack of response from CGamesPlay is very out of character. Has he been heard from recently (here, on IRC, or elsewhere)?

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

LennyLen said:

This lack of response from CGamesPlay is very out of character. Has he been heard from recently (here, on IRC, or elsewhere)?

Actually its completely in character. Before he setup this minecraft server, it was hard to actually talk to him. Seems to be quite the busy little beaver.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Hi guys, what'd I miss? I haven't touched Minecraft in a week or two :-X

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Hi guys, what'd I miss? I haven't touched Minecraft in a week or two

Read back a bit, and you'll notice that the server is acting up. Something about not remembering what you've done after you log out. Possibly other stuff.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

I'm unable to connect at all, now.

-----

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

In other news, anyone remember that old Enterprise model?

video

Well there's been progress.

video

Ponies end at 1:30.

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Ponies end at 1:30.