Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » minecraft

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
minecraft
Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

Dario ff said:

give me a screenshot of cphoton playing minecraft?

It's the built in security system, it activates when it finds people stealing or destroying things ;)

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

AYBABTCP! 8-)

It's probably a browser cache glitch...

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

Uh oh. I hope the map hasn't been explored too much. Otherwise there won't be any strongholds with portals to the end dimension.

Apparently there are only 3 strongholds in a world, and they're all within a 1000-block radius of (0, 0). If the chunks they're supposed to show up in were already created by the pre-1.0 terrain generation code, we don't get any end portals. :(

-----
"I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I don't know a whole lot about end portals, but do we get them on multiplayer servers? Is the end boss meant to be raided?

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

Yeah, there are videos on YouTube of groups going to the end dimension and attacking the Enderdragon. And it looks like it'd be hard to do solo.

-----

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

kdevil said:

Yeah, there are videos on YouTube of groups going to the end dimension and attacking the Enderdragon. And it looks like it'd be hard to do solo.

Yeah, only way to beat it solo is in creative mode.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Yeah, only way to beat it solo is ...

:-X

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

So I finally got around to connecting to mc.kentdev.net and... WOW. Lots of cool stuff. Unfortunately it was night and a creeper blew me up on a glass platform over a pig-spawner :(

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Desmond Taylor
Member #11,943
May 2010

I was on yesterday but no one else was on so I just randomly walked around killed myself and then left :P I will love for the server to be more active as it's just like playing single player atm.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

It's like single player, but stuff is built to explore for you.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

It's like single player, but stuff is built to explore for you.

Yeah, but I feel really nervous just wandering around others people's creations lest I accidentally get blown up by a creeper near them...

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Hmm, I haven't connected to that server in a bit. Should probably start working on it during my lunch break again. :P

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

That's hilarious.

{"name":"null","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/c\/acfd3f3a189cc471bf6f5570bca493bb.jpg","w":1024,"h":553,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/c\/acfd3f3a189cc471bf6f5570bca493bb"}null

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I started working on a big glass dome over my bay, but I got really bored of it really quickly.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

I started working on a big glass dome over my bay, but I got really bored of it really quickly.

And even when its finished it would look better in MAX, Bryce, or something else. ::)

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

I built an XP/arrow/bone grinder based on a skelly spawner I found near one of my bases. I'll post coordinates in case anyone is interested.

-----

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I built an XP/arrow/bone grinder based on a skelly spawner I found near one of my bases. I'll post coordinates in case anyone is interested.

How are you gaining XP from it?

Desmond Taylor
Member #11,943
May 2010

LennyLen said:

They might have built it so you can either kill them for EXP or they die in some nice manner. My guess though is that it don't kill them at all and you just get the drops by killing them instead.

I'm sure I could build a nice trap for EXP or drops with some pistons and use them to control the water or lava flow :P

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

LennyLen said:

Well, the trap doesn't kill them, it just a pit where you can hit them from the other side of the jail. It also has a set of 4 sticky pistons which you can activate to weaken them or directly kill them if you just want the loot.

Currently the pistons are manually turned on and off with a lever, when I have the time I will modify the circuit so that the pistons suffocate the mobs enough to kill them with one punch.

-----

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Does the minecraft server still have some sort of world screen shot (or am I thinking of Baf's old server)?

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

I think this one has one too but I don't know. I think it was posted a few pages back actually in reply to one of my posts.

Is this what you mean? http://mc.kentdev.net/mapping/map.html

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

So when's the Enderdragon raid?

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

As soon as we find a stronghold that wasn't generated before 1.0 :P

I'm considering just deleting part of the map that's supposed to contain a stronghold, so the terrain can be regenerated.

Update: OK, any objections to me wiping out all the land around that one stronghold we discovered in 1.8 (roughly where someone972 is standing on the map)? Regions are 512x512 blocks, and I'll have to delete at least two, so if you've built anything even remotely nearby it'll probably be collateral damage.

-----

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

He certainly seems to be out in the middle of nowhere so it's probably good ...

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

someone972
Member #7,719
August 2006

I have no objections to it being deleted, with or without me in the vicinity.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why. -Unknown
I have recklessly set in motion a chain of events with the potential to so-drastically change the path of my life that I can only find it to be beautifully frightening.

Go to: