Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Does allegro.cc have a Minecraft server anymore?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Does allegro.cc have a Minecraft server anymore?
Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

That it was. And I did already have that opinion but now that someone publicly agrees with me, I can publicly declare it: Minecraft's a nerdy waste of time.

it is. But I like it.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Also:
"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

That is happening because the thread has grown to 350 posts and you probably have your forum settings set to put them all on one page. The per post processing that ML does with JavaScript is taking too long with so many posts, so Firefox is giving you the option to stop the script from executing.

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

Ah, thanks. Changed it to 100 posts per page.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Someone in my office thought Minecraft was dumb and useless until they saw the Zero Punctuation review. Now they think it's 'neat'.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

You're now allowed to call that person a "sheeple"

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Obligatory XKCD reference.

{"name":"sheeple.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/5\/75d5173ae2ef56fa4b16d1367c572332.png","w":376,"h":401,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/5\/75d5173ae2ef56fa4b16d1367c572332"}sheeple.png

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

I've accidentally breached someone's mine (at the very bottom of the world) from above. I built a roof over the area, though I left your mine slightly messy.
Whoever you are do not breach the roof I built as that will flood your mine with water (I've also uncovered a nearby lava stream so I'd be very careful not to dig upwards in any way :X)
Sorry for that.

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

I take it from the above post that there are no coordinates in Minecraft to tell where you are. (This isn't a bad thing, just wondering.)

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

You can get your coordinates if you press F3.

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Dario ff said:

You can get your coordinates if you press F3.

Heh. Never knew that before... neat!

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I know f1 and f2 are related to snapshots, one takes a snapshot, and the other removes HUD elements (and sometimes it seems to remove some sort of color adjustment thing)

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

I take it from the above post that there are no coordinates in Minecraft to tell where you are. (This isn't a bad thing, just wondering.)

I've breached someone's mine around -311,196.
I've also accidentally uncovered someone's secret mine entrance, didn't notice it was there and I needed 30 stacks of dirt.
Both someones are probably the same person, and Someone suggested it might be Neil's. (Shame on you for not clearly labeling your territory :P)

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

How is the population on the server going? I haven't logged in for a while since I'm quite bored of the game for now, but I hope it hasn't turned into a ghost town. :-/

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Nah, its still active.

--

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Any cool construction projects lately?

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Guess it depends on what you mean by cool. I started a new mine, not that cool. But Sevalecan started a new one too, and then connected the two with a mine cart track thats like 1000 blocks long. And near his end he's build a few towers, the current one is made entirely out of Obsidian. He's also got a mob trap going that, once its bug free, will catch all types of mobs at the same time.

--

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I've breached someone's mine around -311,196.

At what depth? because x = -311, z = 196 at the depth of my mine is... it's lava. You would have to swim through lava and then mine away the stone I had blocking it.

Someone else could have a mine higher up. My mine is just a shaft down to the bottom of the map, and then it spreads out at the bottom.

You did mine away all the dirt in front of the entrance to my mine, but I don't care about that, as long as monsters can't get in. If you need more dirt, I've got, like, 30 stacks that I'm not using.

I think I'm about to start actively working on my castle again. I added a secret room, and put in the foundation for a greenhouse.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I've ventured South and begun a mine. Eventually, I hope to gather a lot of ores and build myself somewhat of a permanent 'base'. Hopefully nobody goes down there and mines it before I can... :(

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

At what depth? because x = -311, z = 196 at the depth of my mine is... it's lava. You would have to swim through lava and then mine away the stone I had blocking it.

All the way to the bottom. I've breached magma from the side and killed it, so it's not directly under me.

Quote:

Someone else could have a mine higher up. My mine is just a shaft down to the bottom of the map, and then it spreads out at the bottom.

It's definitely the bottom of the map, I could see Adminium/Bedrock.

Quote:

You did mine away all the dirt in front of the entrance to my mine, but I don't care about that, as long as monsters can't get in. If you need more dirt, I've got, like, 30 stacks that I'm not using.

Not right now, but I do have plans that will use a lot of dirt, if you leave it in a box near your mine entrance I'll pick it up later, thanks :)
Also, monsters can't get in because there's a door ???

There's the tower/waterfall I built at -311,196 :P
It isn't really amazing though, made almost entirely of cobblestone. It is quite fun to jump from the top of the world to the bottom of the world from the center of the tower, you fly through a tunnel of water (the waterfalls) and can see torchlit constructions through it speeding past you :)

EDIT: Also, does anyone know what's up with mcmap.baf.cc?

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

EDIT: Also, does anyone know what's up with mcmap.baf.cc?

Map generation was causing server lag. Its been disabled.

--

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

All the way to the bottom. I've breached magma from the side and killed it, so it's not directly under me.

I looked around again like "where did he break in from?", then I dug up and found myself in the bottom of a tower.

Quote:

There's the tower/waterfall I built at -311,196 :P

Wait, that was you? Dangit, I still don't know where Slarti came from! :(

I don't actually care that someone broke into my mine. It just bothers me that I can't figure out how.

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

I'm ZiggyDoo ingame and I broke in from the top, I was aiming to have my tower go all the way to the adminium, I'm not sure I see how that doesn't make sense to you :X
I'd really suggest you do not dig upwards as you might run into lava or water from the bottom of my tower.
Also, did you mess up my tower when you broke up? Should I fix it next time?

BTW, I'm in the middle of my next dirt project :)

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Wait, that was you? Dangit, I still don't know where Slarti came from! :(

I'm officially declaring myself stupid, because I thought Dustin said he built the tower. My fault for misreading.

Uhm... I don't think anything was messed up when I dug up. But you may want to make sure you don't have any errant water flows at the bottom of your tower.

There's a bunch of dirt in one of the chests just inside the door to my mine. Take as much as you want.

Ben Delacob
Member #6,141
August 2005

I (Snowie0wl in game) put a cart station in below the spawn. It has radio button lights and a smart booster. I didn't connect it to anything so you'll have to add your track. Dig your tunnel away first then connect it, making sure that the track can't be flooded with water.

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

Go to: