Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Does allegro.cc have a Minecraft server anymore?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Does allegro.cc have a Minecraft server anymore?
GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

And give people some of their life back? Ha!
Next you'll suggest presets for walls, doors, tunnels, mining...

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Anyone see this?

video

Not terribly practical, but lawl-worthy imo. ;D Die, cows!

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

At the time I thought you meant a new type of enemy mob, which would have been boring. But yeah, beaten. :)

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I'm pretty sure the pick on gravel is actually slower than the bare hand ..

Pretty sure it's not. :P

And as far as gold tools, they're about as useless as wood (or was it stone?) tools, only much more costly. Gold sucks.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Gold = wood for tools (besides costs)

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Gold really isn't that expensive if you consider that its mostly useless and you're best off using it for decoration. I've got a stack or two that I haven't even bothered smelting. No point.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

By "much more costly" I meant "much more rare." Being that you have to mine for it, rather than just chop it down.

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

Here's a nice view from my statue, it's at the highest point of 129.

{"name":"603731","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/2\/e204b245b697e43293d9a0e008f4556c.jpg","w":1152,"h":671,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/2\/e204b245b697e43293d9a0e008f4556c"}603731

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I've made a new video: Journeys by Rail - Minecraft :D

video

edit:

I started playing on the server. I'd just crafted some diamond tools and started building a tower when a server glitch transported me into mid-air, where I plunged to my death. :(

I'm still debating whether or not to bother logging back in to finish things off.

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

LennyLen said:

I've made a new video

That looks great. Is it on your local machine or baf server?

We should keep a list of co-ordinates for good places to visit in the allegro/baf minecraft site.

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

That looks great. Is it on your local machine or baf server?

That's on mine.

Quote:

We should keep a list of co-ordinates for good places to visit in the allegro/baf minecraft site.

Well, I've started doing stuff around -443, 814. I wouldn't yet call it a good place to visit though.

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

LennyLen said:

I started playing on the server. I'd just crafted some diamond tools and started building a tower when a server glitch transported me into mid-air, where I plunged to my death. :(

I'm still debating whether or not to bother logging back in to finish things off.

Don't worry about stuff like that, I've stupidly died many times and lost full suits of diamond armor and tools. Playing on SMP is not really about survival or having lots of mats at your disposal, it's about building cool stuff that everyone can see and enjoy. Even better if you find someone around to cooperate. ;)

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Dario ff said:

Don't worry about stuff like that, I've stupidly died many times and lost full suits of diamond armor and tools. Playing on SMP is not really about survival or having lots of mats at your disposal, it's about building cool stuff that everyone can see and enjoy. Even better if you find someone around to cooperate.

It's not so much the losing stuff, since that's easy to replace. I'm more worried that the connection I have at the moment just isn't good enough. I'm connecting wirelessly to a router that's about 50m away, and I think it's making the lag too great.

It's extremely difficult to interact with the world, as even if I'm alone on the server, most of the time, the bricks I remove instantly respawn again. :(

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Heh. When night is falling, start smelting stuff and hop into bed. Check your furnace when your character wakes up. Surprise!

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

Arrrrgh. I was experimenting with having a fancy column of lava, surrounded by glass, in my base.

I accidentally placed the lava one block higher than I wanted. EVERYTHING BURNED.

...on the bright side, at least only the upper section was wooden, and the fire didn't reach the forest.

-----
"I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Ouch dude

[edit]

video

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

Oh, I totally missed the last video! Cool, the aftermath part was great. When are we doing the next mineaggedon? ;D

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

Go to: