Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Minecraft

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Minecraft
Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

85 people have bought the game since yesterday. Thats 850€ in a day. I keep repeating it, but I still cant fathom it. 850€ in a day. Awesome. 8-)

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

Minus Paypal charges and taxes of course... If he takes it out as salary, he would probably get about 50% of that (not counting the paypal charges).

Still, not bad ;)

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

Minus Paypal charges and taxes of course

Try this game.
Tax Time!

The reason why

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Steel is AMAZING!!!

Quote:

Try this game.
Tax Time! [www.newgrounds.com]

The reason why [en.wikipedia.org]

WTF.

I'm split. It's certainly in bad taste because it just happened on the other hand, I love that we live in a world free enough to create games like that and explore worlds/feelings/ideologies other than our own.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

Test version of infinite maps is up. What do you think? I think it's going to be awesome! :D

---
Layers are good, all good things have layers, like onions. Good things also stink. - Trezker
I now have a page and a blog!

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

When is Multiplayer Survival supposed to end (when you play it)? When all players are dead?

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

It ends when people don't want to play any more. ;)
I think I read somewhere that he wants to add some sort of goals, but I think the main idea is to survive while digging and building. Like Dwarf Fortress.

---
Layers are good, all good things have layers, like onions. Good things also stink. - Trezker

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Archon said:

When is Multiplayer Survival supposed to end (when you play it)? When all players are dead?

Well, when you die, you die. So rejoin as a new character, essentially.

He was talking about respawning semi-recently. He doesn't want an experience system, but he wants there to be a severe penalty for dying. At the very least you lose everything on your character.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

someone972
Member #7,719
August 2006

Infinite maps seem really nice, especially if there is some sort of multiplayer freebuild (maybe the server could limit how far you go). I've really gotten into minecraft lately, since I was gifted by someone on the IRC channel. I made a giant 3 block wide wall with windows protecting my fort :D. I'll post pics if anyone wants to see it.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why. -Unknown
I have recklessly set in motion a chain of events with the potential to so-drastically change the path of my life that I can only find it to be beautifully frightening.

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Pics are always awesome.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I started a new game since I made the wood ship. It's on an island map where I took a random baby island and left it very normal looking but if you get close enough it immediately turns into a trench mine. The mine has a little base and goes super deep into catacombs. Then I went island, built a castle into a mountainside, then continued to expand it. Dug another catacomb. And then started work on a huge watch tower with a moat and turned the castle into half of a church. I'm having way to much fun with this!

Does gold have any purpose? And where do you find diamonds?

-----sig:

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

You find diamonds the same way you find any other ore, somewhere deep underground. As far as I know gold has no other purpouse besides being pretty. :P

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Gold is extremely useful as a metal that doesn't corrode easily. Check out the high end PCI card connectors and stereo plugs. It's also the most mallable metal, gold leaf used to be common for advertising.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

Gold is extremely useful as a metal that doesn't corrode easily. Check out the high end PCI card connectors and stereo plugs. It's also the most mallable metal, gold leaf used to be common for advertising.

I've always been a platinum freak myself, the more uses the industry has the more it gains value. Even more so than gold because its required for high temperature such as rockets and jets.

Heres minecaft going back to 1984

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I think you missed the title of this thread. ???

-----sig:

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

{"name":"trainn.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/7\/e73370e91265296c9cad51aba6e0391d.jpg","w":280,"h":289,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/7\/e73370e91265296c9cad51aba6e0391d"}trainn.jpg

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

^ Allegro.cc. ;D Somebody should make a game of that... Trying to get the train back on track... :P Or make a video generator based on real threads. :o OR an engine that does both.

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Really weird glitch. I started a new game and spawned really high up in the air, and then fell to my death. :o

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

Carries the thread with superhuman strength
(Edit: But didn't have to, thanks to Neil Black)

Has anyone found the pyramids in infdev? I have been running around for a long time, but can't find them. Starting to believe it's a hoax, but there's a lot of people on the minecraft forum that has posted pictures of them.

Addendum:
Also, the spawn-in-the-air bug is well known. The game can't decide where to put you and the house, because all locations it tried to use wasn't good enough, so it gives up, puts you in the air and wishes you the best of luck...

---

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

bamccaig said:

^ Or make a video generator based on real threads. :o

Just a suggestion. Using allegro.cc threads would make the game extremely hard to play. I think something easier should be implemented for easy mode.

someone972
Member #7,719
August 2006

Little bit late on my screenshot reply since I got sick :(. It's a little hard to see at night but it's still visible.

The view from outside. There is a torch behind every outside window so that the inside of the wall is lit.
{"name":"600628","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/c\/cc3166223d9db127109f1bec1ef4b887.png","w":850,"h":479,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/c\/cc3166223d9db127109f1bec1ef4b887"}600628

View from the interior of the fortress. Torches on the wall provide light to keep the creepers away.
{"name":"600625","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/b\/0b82054d84ca494d0ce4e073f69139b1.png","w":856,"h":479,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/b\/0b82054d84ca494d0ce4e073f69139b1"}600625

Inside the wall. The windows are arranged in such a way that you can't see through the wall, which provides protection of the inside from arrows.
{"name":"600626","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/6\/46eba4aec94c804bf249745486a67bd5.png","w":851,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/6\/46eba4aec94c804bf249745486a67bd5"}600626

The view from on top of the wall. I plan on using this for shooting baddies with arrows, however I have yet to get string from a spider.
{"name":"600627","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/6\/c6c2a76a924897ba20819106cc227dc1.png","w":851,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/6\/c6c2a76a924897ba20819106cc227dc1"}600627

Under my fort there is a massive series of caverns that I used to get all the stone for the wall. It has to have taken at least 500 blocks.

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why. -Unknown
I have recklessly set in motion a chain of events with the potential to so-drastically change the path of my life that I can only find it to be beautifully frightening.

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Nice, thick, and juicy walls 8-)

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

decepto
Member #7,102
April 2006

I think I might write a MineCraft clone in C++. :-*

--------------------------------------------------