Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Minecraft

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Minecraft
decepto
Member #7,102
April 2006

Have any of you played Minecraft? I've been playing the development version for about 2 weeks now non-stop. It's like a mix between a roguelike, Elder scrolls, and a lego set. It's still very early in development, but if you're looking for something fun, check it out.

video

P.S, if any of you are playing the Indev version, let me know and I'll post my savefile.

--------------------------------------------------
Boom!

mEmO
Member #1,124
March 2001

Yeah, I tried it a while ago, but back then it had nothing more than removing and placing blocks. This looks really promising! Do you need to purchase it to play the version you are playing?
[edit]
Trying out indev now, this seems cool!

---------------------------------------------
There is only one God, and Connor is his son!
http://www.memocomputers.com
Happy birthday!

Sirocco
Member #88
April 2000

Looks cute. I dig the blocky presentation; that's right up my alley.

-->
Graphic file formats used to fascinate me, but now I find them rather satanic.

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Sirocco said:

I dig the blocky presentation; that's right up my alley.

Same. Looks like an interesting game.

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

It's not quite up my alley but it's a ways down my tunnel.

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

I bought it (cheap anyway), to try the indev version. Pretty fun! Works crap on mac though (cant save), so kind of useless as a time waster at work :/ I did manage to build a pretty neat tower before digging down into lava and dying :D

I'll give it a proper shot when I get home. Seems fun! Can't wait for it to become an actual game :)

I noticed he has like 4500 purchases! wow. He should be able to live on that for a while. Always fun when Swedish game developers succeed :)

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

You paid money to buy an alpha product? ... wow

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

That looks really awesome! Unfortunately:

Minecraft said:

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated

I'm at j0rb (just testing to see how it loads and whether it would work) and it's possible I don't have the right version of Java installed. I don't know. Maybe I'll have better luck when I try at home.

I'd be willing to pay to support the development of this game though. Not retail price for a mainstream game ($30 - $60), but somewhere between $2 and $10 in its current state.

deps
Member #3,858
September 2003

I bought it (cheap anyway), to try the indev version. Pretty fun! Works crap on mac though (cant save) <snip>

That's strange. I can load and save here on my mac. In both safari and firefox. (osx 10.6 if that matters)

I have been a paying player for a week or two. Love it, even if some of the bugs can be a bit problematic. But it's alpha and they are usually fixed within a day or two. :)

---
Layers are good, all good things have layers, like onions. Good things also stink. - Trezker
I now have a page and a blog!

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Interesting project. Unfortunatelly it wouldn't load here.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I figured I'd pay to try to indev version (considering it means I allegedly get to play all subsequent versions, addons, expansions, etc., at no extra cost). Came to about CAD$15, but I think that's fair if all goes well.

Hopefully I can get it actually running at home. :P The indev version throws the same exception here at j0rb.

Sol Blast
Member #9,655
April 2008

octupiiiiii.JPG
Apologies for the off topic post, but are you guys in some kind of cult together or something? :-X

Yodhe23
Member #8,726
June 2007

I reckon you are onto something there, me reckons they are Cthulhu devotees.

"That which is not dead, yet can eternal lie." :)

www.justanotherturn.com

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Hai guyze wats going on in this thred?

(In case you didn't know, my avatar is a squid's eye)

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

X-G, your avatar is missing, but everyones works.

The game looks good btw, except it looks too much like run and jump Zelda style gameplay with the ability to break rocks, which works for about 5 minutes but I cant imagine constantly breaking open walls as fun.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

verthex said:

X-G, your avatar is missing

Turn on animated avatars in your settings, you nincompoop.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

verthex said:

X-G, your avatar is missing, but everyones works

I had to go to http://www.allegro.cc/cc/forums-settings and set "Avatar Display" to "Show all avatars" to see it.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

mEmO and Jonatan: congratulations! The council has approved your memberships, pending your avatar upgrades.

Actually, I'm just a sucker for silly trends and when I saw my post followed two squid avatars in a row, I had to change mine.

Jonatan Hedborg
Member #4,886
July 2004

It would be kind of awesome if everyone on the forum had a squid (or squid-like) avatar... It might be a bit of a mindfuck for newcomers :D

OnlineCop
Member #7,919
October 2006

Your response will be answered by a registered squid in the order that it was received...

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

{"name":"funny-pictures-cat-bit-a-squid.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/5\/25a2156f65eb96d0672b5e5598848765.jpg","w":500,"h":375,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/5\/25a2156f65eb96d0672b5e5598848765"}funny-pictures-cat-bit-a-squid.jpg

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Mine works too ? tehehahaha I have a picture and I do not show them (mostly for surfing without problem at work, It's incredible how people think you are working when there are no avatar in a forum.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I'm pleased to announce that Minecraft does seem to be running at home. ;D

** EDIT **

Am I expected to just experiment with materials to craft stuff? I hate that kind of game... The tutorial seems grayed out. :-/

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Holy crap! What are the system requirements for this game? I tried to play, only to get 100% CPU usage, and at some point, Chrome asking to close Java (once it can ask however)

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

decepto
Member #7,102
April 2006

It would be kind of awesome if everyone on the forum had a squid (or squid-like) avatar...

I'm in.

source: http://420.thrashbarg.net/mcnaughton-fine-art-one-nation-under-god-parody-jesus-cthulhu-blood-monsters.jpg

--------------------------------------------------
Boom!

Go to: