Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Your new favorite programmer:

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Your new favorite programmer:
nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Quote:

nonnus because he is full of himself (check out his sig) and perverted.

Just because I have your picture as the wallpaper on my desktop (tiled), that makes me a pervert? ???

With that type of attitude, you may be replaced.... So, Sara, nice picture!

:o

:P

And I'm not THAT full of myself, there have been a whole lot of people posting about how right I am and I only put the first 8 or so in my sig.... ::)

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Is there any internet related thing that xkcd does not have a comic for?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Indeterminatus
Member #737
November 2000

MiquelFire said:

Is there any internet related thing that xkcd does not have a comic for?

Probably a comic about that on xkcd. :P

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

You must have a LOT of time on your hands to find this thread.

It doesn't take that long to see where hits to your site have been referred from. :P

Quote:

Well, you could always ask me to take apicture of myself with a sign, or a random household object to provew it's me

I'll always believe anyone who takes a photo of themselves with pencils stuck up there nose and a sign saying "I am the walrus."

Mokkan
Member #4,355
February 2004

LennyLen said:

"I am the walrus."

That always reminds me of Donnie in The Big Lebowski. ;D

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

Nice to meet all of you!

You sound like fun. Its too bad Edmonton is so far away :(

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

I vote to replace "I am the walrus." with "I am le walrus!".

Perhaps "Yellow matter custard, dripping from a dead dog's eye" instead?

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Quote:

Sara Chipps comes to a.cc

How cool! This kind of stuff never happens.

Sara Chipps said:

Well, you could always ask me to take apicture of myself with a sign, or a random household object to provew it's me :) (Canada isn't that far, I love Degrassi)

Hm, I think a picture of you in front of your computer editing your blog post would be proof enough for me. More pressing is why you have two last names.

Sara Chipps said:

To those who didn't like my articles: I'm sorry they didn't appeal to you, but they are my opinions. The open letter to girls in IT was to attract the girls who maybe would be a programmer but are intimidated by stereotypes. The thiird party apps one was EXTREMELY contraversial, if you read the comments below and my responses maybe you can better understand. I don't say NEVER use them, just think about it first.

I wouldn't worry about getting heat for these opinions. You're hitting the fringes of open source dogma which can easily inspire illogical and emotional attacks.

I think your essay has smart ideas in it which are helpful to newer programmers, which is what this variety of blogging is all about. Being everything to everyone is a waste of time -- leave that to the presidential candidates.

Sara Chipps said:

OR I could have Google Analytics on my site. :P Sounds like this site is a Jackpot!

:-X Is that all we are to you?

Matthew said:

We're just a bunch of neckbeards who like to make dumb crappy games. Except for me.

Hey! Don't diss yourself and by proxy all of us!

We have a fine1 collection2 of games3 to our name4. Not to mention our awesome 48 hour game competitions, 24 hour hot-line for aspiring new game programmers, and general awesomeness. We also have, ofcourse, damn near the best forum software system out there that even has custom extensions.

Despite what I just said, please don't blog about us. The quality of our members is 90% of what makes the forum so great.

1. http://www.allegro.cc/depot/ZepsDreamland

2. http://www.allegro.cc/depot/PrioritySurvive

3. http://www.allegro.cc/depot/MouseMash

4. http://www.allegro.cc/depot/MythicBlades

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Welcome to Allegro.cc Sara!

It's always nice to see more girls interested in learning programming and Information Technology and it's good to see that you encourage it for other girls as well.

Quote:

Every girl likes to hear that they are pretty

Your MySpace picture is pretty cute! ;)
According to one of your Development Diary blog posts your Birthday wasn't too long ago. Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like you and your friends went out and broke some hearts out there...
What's with the snake necklace though? ???

Quote:

Also, I'd love to learn more about this community, can someone enlighten me?

A.cc's a pretty cool place , lots of people who are willing to help when you get stuck on a problem , interesting people to chat with , and a pretty low spam to content ratio. It'd be nice to have you around judging from your blog posts. Think about it. :)

Quote:

Go ahead, quiz me!

I don't think you're fake , I just haven't been able to see much of your work. Any comments on this C# thread? Have any home-brew projects you'd like to share?

Quote:

Well, you could always ask me to take a picture of myself with a sign

How about one in front of your monitor with Allegro.CC in the background? Or you could tell us about your next blog article before you post it.

Anyway , nice to meet you. 8-)

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Quote:

The thiird[sic] party apps one was EXTREMELY contraversial, if you read the comments below and my responses maybe you can better understand. I don't say NEVER use them, just think about it first.

You must really be LennyLen. Who else misspells controversial?

{"name":"595430","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/0\/3015b2f94a262644a7c0b01e0a0efbd5.png","w":640,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/0\/3015b2f94a262644a7c0b01e0a0efbd5"}595430

Kibiz0r
Member #6,203
September 2005

Quote:

Stay away from

- bamccaig because he is sexist and confused (he stalked his previous love interest)
- nonnus because he is full of himself (check out his sig) and perverted.

Haha, do me next.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

wearetheborg said:

Stay away from

- bamccaig because he is sexist and confused...

By sexist and confused she must mean that I'm analytical and think logically. I'm always looking for women to come along and prove my generalizations wrong though. :)

wearetheborg said:

Stay way from

- bamccaig because ... (he stalked his previous love interest)

I never said that. ::) And what do you mean previous!? >:(

Don't listen to wearetheborg... ::) She's not even a nerd! She's an impostor! ;D

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

By sexist and confused she must mean that I'm analytical and think logically. I'm always looking for women to come along and prove my generalizations wrong though.

Er, generalizations are neither logical nor analytical. Also, you even admitted in this thread that women confuse you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

LennyLen said:

Er, generalizations are neither logical nor analytical.

I dare you to Google logical generalization and analytical generalization.

LennyLen said:

Also, you even admitted in this thread that women confuse you.

Is that so? ??? Where exactly? :-/

Indeterminatus
Member #737
November 2000

Somewhere on this thread, someone said:

women

bamccaig said:

???

Doesn't that prove that you're confused by women, bamccaig? Yes, I am the master of ripping context out of quotes.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

I dare you to Google logical generalization and analytical generalization.

I meant generalizations in general. :P

But really, most of your comments about women on this site have seemed more like emotional outburts then anything, which tend to have little to do with logic.

Quote:

Is that so? Where exactly?

What you said was: "and if they do they should STFU and stop confusing us." And since I, and many people I know are not confused by women (and men) who want to look attractive without being objectified, I can only attribute the confusion to some form of social retardation, which is odd, considering I'm the one with Asperger's. :P

edit: added the word "more"

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Indeterminatus said:

[quote Somewhere on this thread, someone]women

bamccaig said:

???

Doesn't that prove that you're confused by women, bamccaig? Yes, I am the master of ripping context out of quotes.
</quote>
;D

LennyLen said:

What you said was: "and if they do they should STFU and stop confusing us."

I said:

However, I think it's fair to assume that most [women] don't want to be [just] sex objects (and if they do they should STFU and stop confusing us) so it would not be in their best interest to dress like one.

Maybe it's different where you come from, but around here I hear a lot of women aren't objects and blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong; I agree completely. However, my above statement says that if women do want to be just sex objects then they're contradicting themselves (that would be a first :P) when complaining about being treated as such and therefore confusing us. IF. Alternatively, if they don't want to be sex objects then they are contradicting themselves by dressing like them... ::)

LennyLen said:

And since I, and many people I know are not confused by women (and men) who want to look attractive without being objectified,...

Nor am I. However, again the definition of attractive is brought into question. IMO, there is a fine line between attractive and objectified.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

What's wrong with a woman wanting to look attractive sometimes? Dressing attractively doesn't imply they want to be treated as sex objects. There's nothing confusing about it. When you dress nicely does it mean that you want all women to ogle you and make cheap lewd overtures?

SaraJo
Member #9,828
May 2008

I would just like to put in my two cents as a woman and say that I will wear whatever I want to wear, if someone feels that makes me a sex object and want to treat me a such that is fine, but it comes with the following consequesnces:

1. I wouldn't date them (a bigger consequence than even you know)
2. I wouldn't associate with them
3. Something tells me that if a man thinks women should be treated as objects based on what they wear that socially they may have difficulty. I would most likely capitalize on that when they were around me and make it quite an unpleasent experience.

I can assume that you really would not like to be treated by what you wear as well.

As a woman I am very proud of my sexuality, in as much as I wear what I want. If, for some reason, that makes you uncomfortable and react in a certain manner that's really nothing I can control... so knock yourself out, but your comments aren't going to change who I am.

That being said, I'm sure you really don't mean it. That you're just coming up with something to argue about (I do that often). I'm sure you are really a nice guy with a mom (or sisters) that you would never want to see mistreated. I appreciate your concern about our wellbeing as well. :)

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Edgar Reynaldo said:

What's wrong with a woman wanting to look attractive sometimes? Dressing attractively doesn't imply they want to be treated as sex objects. There's nothing confusing about it. When you dress nicely does it mean that you want all women to ogle you and make cheap lewd overtures?

There's a reason hookers dress the way they do. It's not because they want to look nice. It's because they're advertising. The difference being that they're selling what they advertise.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Does that mean that women who dress attractively are hookers then? Of course not.
Does it mean that all women who look attractive are looking for sex? Of course not.
If a woman likes you , she'll probably let you know one way or the other , and it's not by the length of their skirt.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Quote:

There's a reason hookers dress the way they do. It's not because they want to look nicely. It's because they're advertising. The difference being that they're selling what they advertise.

Could you be more clear. So, what, do women that dress like hookers want to be treated as sex objects? Or do the women that dress attractively want to be treated as sex objects?

Theres a difference between dressing attractive and dressing like a hooker. Either way, sure, maybe they want to be treated as sex objects. But, its your responsibility not to treat them as such, no matter how much your willy is telling you to. ;D

In capitalist America bank robs you.

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

The Nice New Girl said:

That being said, I'm sure you really don't mean it. That you're just coming up with something to argue about (I do that often). I'm sure you are really a nice guy with a mom (or sisters) that you would never want to see mistreated. I appreciate your concern about our wellbeing as well. :)

The Tard said:

There's a reason hookers dress the way they do. It's not because they want to look nicely. It's because they're advertising. The difference being that they're selling what they advertise.

There's a magnetic attraction between his foot and his mouth apparently... It's funny to watch though! ;D

Go to: