Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Your new favorite programmer:

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Your new favorite programmer:
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

LennyLen said:

Well, let's face it, it's not as attractive as tight pants or a skirt now, is it?

I think what needs to be considered is the ratio of "women with attractive legs" versus the rest. Also, it depends on your definition and the context of attractive. If you're looking for a sex object, then you're probably looking for revealing and tight clothing. If a woman is looking to be a sex object, then I guess we know how she should be dressing. However, I think it's fair to assume that most don't want to be sex objects (and if they do they should STFU and stop confusing us) so it would not be in their best interest to dress like one. And if women want to be treated as equals in society then the sex object look isn't going to work for them. Further, I don't consider the sex object look to be the most attractive look (especially on unattractive women :-X). It can be hot for beautiful women, but I prefer beautiful women to dress somewhat conservatively. I don't really like to share though. ::)

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

If you're looking for a sex object, then you're probably looking for revealing and tight clothing. If a woman is looking to be a sex object, then I guess we know how she should be dressing. However, I think it's fair to assume that most won't don't want to be sex objects (and if they do they should STFU and stop confusing us) so it would not be in their best interest to dress like one.

Just because a woman is trying to make herself look attractive doesn't mean she's inviting every guy to come screw her. You really need to get over your woman issues.

amber
Member #6,783
January 2006

Quote:

Just because a woman is trying to make herself look attractive doesn't mean she's inviting every guy to come screw her

Well, I think it's perfectly possible to dress attractively and not be a "sex object." I think sometimes women (and especially younger ones) are deluded into thinking the only way to look attractive is to show as much flesh as possible... but that's really not the case, at least, I hope not. In a lot of cases, I think that it ends up counterproductive. Of course, if certain men start salivating at the sight of every attractive, well-dressed woman... well, that's their own problem. ;)

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Women like to sit in a corner and make (i.e., hope) men notice them, as opposed to being sensible and going up to a man and asking him out. So it's a problem they create themselves.

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Quote:

Women like to sit in a corner and make (i.e., hope) men notice them, as opposed to being sensible and going up to a man and asking him out. So it's a problem they create themselves.

It's a fact of life that the bee's pick the flowers, the flowers don't pick the bees. I don't like it either but that's the way it is.

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

I think that's the first completely stupid thing I've seen you say. Sarcasm?

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

Where I work there are around 33% of women, that's around 200, and there are definitely very capable professionals among them.

EDIT: And most of them are in their 20s.

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

Quote:

Are you a chef?

IT Company.

-----

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

Didn't get the joke unfortunately, never mind...

-----

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

I'm going with the fake person theory. Why doesn't she show up on google? The second search result is a thread on an Atari forum that talks about a type of chip called the SARA chip.

That being said, I'd date her.

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

I'm surprised nonnus hasn't already said he'd hit it.

--
"Shame your mind don't shine like your possessions do" - Faithless (I want more part 1)

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

It's assumed.

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Sporus
Member #3,815
August 2003

Dustin said:

That being said, I'd date her.

In fact, we can all date her! I'd date her birth around 1982~86; what would others guess?
(Sorry!)

Dustin also said:

Why doesn't she show up on google?

She does for me when I spell her name with two P's. The article doesn't seem to know which to go for:

First TFA said:

May 16, 2008
By Sara Chipps

Then it said:

Sara Chips, programmer

Two P's seem to yield a FaceBook profile for more drooling if you should feel so inclined. Not to say she still couldn't be a fake, and not even a very elaborate one.

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Well, wondergirl has a blog and has posted another innane article:

http://girldeveloper.com/tips-tricks/five-good-reasons-to-stay-away-from-third-party-applications-even-open-source-ones/

Don't use 3rd party apps!!! Genius!!!

And yes, I'm stalking her now.

:D

8-)

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Why does she have two last names?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Maybe one is her middle name or nickname.

I have to say that her 73ch $ki11$ pale in comparison to Daphne Koller , winner of the ACM-Infosys Foundation Award in Computing Sciences for her AI work.

However , her confidence is somewhat appealing and she has a decent sense of humor but I have yet to see any of her actual code so it's hard to decide whether she's just putting on a big show or not.

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Mokkan
Member #4,355
February 2004

I wonder if she'll ever find this thread. :P

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

Don't use 3rd party apps!!! Genius!!!

what

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Maybe she thinks "3rd party" means a threesome.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

i was working on this in college i tried to help as many females as possible. but what he said about them quiting more then male is true i manages to stop a few from quiting but some did quit on me and took up things like art.

I find that programing requires you to change your thinking pattern from from one a normal human would have. i also fine that females or good at remembering process but programing is not just that. you have to see the input and output in your head then make then connect.

I guess thats why people are trying to make a hole bunch of frame works where you put programs together like Lego. This make it easy for people that cant think like a programmer.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Go to: