Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Harry Potter Theme Park

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Harry Potter Theme Park
DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

I figure someone will mention it eventually.

what does everyone think about a Harry Potter Theme Park?

Would there be enough of a fan base to keep it going?

I'm a fan and I would go, but it's in Florida and I live in Arizona. Too far for me.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

I live in Florida! I'm going to Hogwarts! Yay!

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

They are making a themepark in Rosell, and the main attraction is going to be a roller coaster that is supposed to simulate being abducted by an alien. How they know what being abducted by an alien is like, I have no idea.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I strongly dislike Harry Potter and The Lord Of The Rings, which I consider of the same nature. Personally, I wouldn't go if offered a free trip.

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

I'd go if offered a free trip. A free vacation to an amusement park... count me in.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

Harry Potter and The Lord Of The Rings, which I consider of the same nature.

I don't think Harry Potter and LotR should be put in the same category. Harry Potter's alright, at least from what I've seen on the movies. Sadly, I don't know how to read...

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Quote:

I strongly dislike Harry Potter and The Lord Of The Rings, which I consider of the same nature

Haha... did you actually read them?

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

FMC said:

Are you kidding!? I didn't even watch a movie! :o Previews were enough.

Hard Rock
Member #1,547
September 2001

Quote:

They aren't written by American authors so of course they are the same!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Hard Rock said:

They aren't written by American authors so of course they are the same!

I never said the books were the same. It has nothing to do with the authors. I mean the nature of Harry Potter stories and Lord of the Rings stories is, at least to me, the same and I don't like it.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

the same? you're hilarious.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Do you mean you don't like the fantasy genre? That would make more sense to me..

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

They're nothing alike! Talk about... eheh... judging a book by its cover.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Richard Phipps said:

Do you mean you don't like the fantasy genre?

I like the Final Fantasy series so I don't think that's it... ;D I like fantasy, but I want fantasy to be explained. In Final Fantasy there's explanations for things that don't make sense in our world, which makes them make sense in Final Fantasy. It seems like in Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings there is no explanation for how things are and they feel too much like our world. They seem illogical to me and it makes the whole series look poorly designed.

X-G said:

Talk about... eheh... judging a book by its cover.

By movie previews, technically. ;D I did watch about half an hour of one of the Lord of the Rings movies and I hated it... The characters were girly... WTF!? I respected Elijah Wood for his part in The Faculty (good movie), but The Lord of the Rings series made him look like a fag (oddly, not censored)...

Michael Faerber
Member #4,800
July 2004

Quote:

It seems like in Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings there is no explanation for how things are.

Of course there are; if you see a flying car in the sky, you'll know who has built it. ;)

--
"The basic of informatics is Microsoft Office." - An informatics teacher in our school
"Do you know Linux?" "Linux? Isn't that something for visually impaired people?"

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Quote:

It seems like in Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings there is no explanation for how things are and they feel too much like our world. They seem illogical to me and it makes the whole series look poorly designed.

Well, I recommend reading the Tolkien books. He actually created (and published) detailed histories of the various cultures that he describes in LotR. It's quite well-thought-out.

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

CGamesPlay said:

Well, I recommend reading the Tolkien books. He actually created (and published) detailed histories of the various cultures that he describes in LotR. It's quite well-thought-out.

You're telling me to read (do work) to understand and enjoy a series of book for which I haven't considered reading. These things should be explained in the movies. I don't have time to read the books.

Even if there are explanations for everything that would satisfy my dislike (which I doubt)(for some reason in ANOTHER book) it doesn't address the girly characters. :P

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

And somehow materia, espers, moogles, chokobos, and summons are believable? ;D

heh.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

bamccaig, just for curiosity, did you ever read a book?
(comics and manuals don't count)

[edit]
{"name":"Missing%20link.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/d\/4d5f3352805f39d443fbaa0c31c45a56.jpg","w":489,"h":351,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/d\/4d5f3352805f39d443fbaa0c31c45a56"}Missing%20link.jpg
Not really related but a friend just sent me this and i had to share, i'm confident the meaning will get through even if it's Italian :)

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

The sad thing is many of the yutes today equate movie adaptations with books. It's your loss if you don't read. Samuel Clemens said: "he who doesn't read great books is no better than one that can't read at all".

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

These things should be explained in the movies.

Since you haven't even seen the movies, how do you know they're not? Granted, they don't do much explaining of things in the LoTR movies, but that's beside the point.

relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

FFF4NB01 said:

In Final Fantasy there's explanations for things that don't make sense in our world, which makes them make sense in Final Fantasy.

Thomas Fjellstrom said:

And somehow materia, espers, moogles, chokobos, and summons are believable?

I believe this settles the matter. The name given to BaMcCaIg (lets see if he goes into convulsions over that capitalization scheme) in the above quote is appropriate.

As for the theme park, I wouldn't call it a very good idea. The fan base is definitely there now, but considering the cost, picking up the fad of a particular generation was not a very good idea.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

This is the stupidest argument I have ever heard. You haven't even seen the movies, yet you complain about them not explaining enough? Talk about retarded...

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

relpatseht
Member #5,034
September 2004

You don't seem to understand, X-G, he has seen the previews.

1   2   3 

Go to: