Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Harry Potter Theme Park

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
Harry Potter Theme Park
Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Quote:

Are you kidding!? I didn't even watch a movie! :o Previews were enough.

When I read this, it really looked as if you have had finally developed the ability to use and understand sarcasm.

Sadly, this wasn't the case.

---------------------------
[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Quote:

You don't seem to understand, X-G, he has seen the previews.

My mom is the same way, except she actually forgets that she has only seen the previews...

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Hard Rock
Member #1,547
September 2001

Quote:

By movie previews, technically. ;D I did watch about half an hour of one of the Lord of the Rings movies and I hated it..

I may be biased but I prefer reading books over watching movies. I read the Lord of the Rings which I liked, but I couldn't stand the movie. I didn't mind reading the Harry Potter books but once again I couldn't stand the movie. Ditto for Chronicles of Narnia.

I'm worried about the Golden Compass film coming out in Dec. It's an awesome book so I'll go see the movie, but I don't think I'm going to like it. I guess because when you read you can sort of create your own interpretation but when you have to watch someone else's it's just not as good.

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Quote:

I strongly dislike Harry Potter and The Lord Of The Rings, which I consider of the same nature. Personally, I wouldn't go if offered a free trip.

Coming from someone who puts 4 movie quotes from the same movie in his signature. Your opinion about movie genres would be ... skewed.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Jakub Wasilewski said:

When I read this, it really looked as if you have had finally developed the ability to use and understand sarcasm.

Sadly, this wasn't the case.

::)

Hard Rock said:

I may be biased but I prefer reading books over watching movies...

...I guess because when you read you can sort of create your own interpretation but when you have to watch someone else's it's just not as good.

I think I enjoy reading, but I don't [have|make] time for it... :-/

Archon said:

Coming from someone who puts 4 movie quotes from the same movie in his signature. Your opinion about movie genres would be ... skewed.

My sig has little to do with my overall opinion about movie genres.

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

I said:

bamccaig, just for curiosity, did you ever read a book?

Eluding my question? ::)

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Shit !! I am too late, and it was a bamccaig party :-(

Anyway, shame on you bamccaig ! I will not let you go without peeing at you ;-)

bammcaig said:

Yeah there is nothing magic in FF... :-X

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Reader's Digest should publish an info card set about movies for people who don't bother to see the movie trailers/previews.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Archon
Member #4,195
January 2004

Quote:

Why would you put up four sets of quotes from a particular movie anyway?

miran
Member #2,407
June 2002

Quote:

This is the stupidest argument I have ever heard. You haven't even seen the movies, yet you complain about them not explaining enough? Talk about retarded...

Yeah, it's even worse than saying the GIMP and Blender are crap after trying to figure their UI out for 30 minutes. No, wait, it's not worse. It's the same... :-X

--
sig used to be here

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Absolutely! This is why I always make sure to try out the software I talk about before making poignant statements about them.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

I used to come to these forums to find intelligent discussions, after suffering a lot in others. Where shall I go now?

-R

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Did you win the case? Doesn't seem like it.

--

nonnus29
Member #2,606
August 2002

Quote:

Where shall I go now?

Sad isn't it? PM me if you find something..... :(

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

FMC said:

Eluding my question? ::)

I just didn't think it required an answer. :-/ Of course I've read novels in the past. If I found time I might read them now as well, but I'm already too busy.

GullRaDriel said:

Yeah there is nothing magic in FF... :-X

And what does magic have to do with my overall opinion of movie genres? :-/

Archon said:

Why would you put up four sets of quotes from a particular movie anyway?

::) Perhaps because I really like the movie?

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

Sad isn't it? PM me if you find something..... :(

I noticed two turning points, a few of the normally semi negative peeps went full on negative, and then we got our very own troll.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

FuriousOrange
Member #7,305
June 2006

As we're on the topic of reading, the first Godfather book is brilliant. I just read it after buying it in a charity shop for 20p. A bargain even though the pages started to fall out half way through.
It has great characters and excellent prose. In short it's just extremely well written in my opinion. Also it doesn't out stay its welcome length wise. Bloody brilliant!

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

I wouldn't pay to go to a Harry Potter theme park either. If I received them with an all expenses paid trip to Florida I would probably wind up scalping the tickets in the HP Land parking lot and spending the rest of the time lounging about in the hotel.

As for LoTR and HP discussion.

I thought the LoTR was a good series which definitely kept me entertained for a while. I read the first few books HP and saw the first couple of movies and lost interest. I suppose it's possible I lost interest in the fantasy genre...

Oh wait, I still love playing Dungeons and Dragons, guess I do still like fantasy.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

An Allegro Theme Park would be fun. Lots of slot machines with the best, no, ALL of the games on the depot. And some real world implementations of the games. And every Monday there would be a team that would make a game of your wildest ideas.

Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Quote:

And every Monday there would be a team that would make a game of your wildest ideas.

Or at least a team that would discuss the topic fiercely, deride your game idea in several ingenious ways, shred your dreams to pieces and proceed to a discussion about relative merits of C and C++.

Or, we can have free beer.

[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Quote:

Or at least a team that would discuss the topic fiercely, deride your game idea in several ingenious ways, shred your dreams to pieces and proceed to a discussion about relative merits of C and C++.

Or, we can have free beer.

After I make billions I will open such a park in my back yard. It will be marvelous I tell you MARVELOUS!

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Quote:

After I make billions I will open such a park in my back yard. It will be marvelous I tell you MARVELOUS!

The one with the beer? I'm in :)

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

All a.cc members would get free unrestricted access to any grounds of the Allegro Amusement Park (AAP) as well as accomodations in the 5 star hotel I would presumably build immediately outside the park. Perhaps there would be some kind of monorail teleportation system from the hotel to the park. We'll see.

The beer would of course be open source, unless it gets fouled by a bad licensing scheme, in which we would have to hold a debate (probably on a.cc) as to what brand the new beer should be.

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Quote:

monorail teleportation

Why do you need the monorail? :P

--

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

{"name":"592290","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/2\/62daba9a96cb05bb16636690c7f366d1.png","w":320,"h":320,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/2\/62daba9a96cb05bb16636690c7f366d1"}592290

1   2   3 

Go to: