Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » I don't get women at all

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
I don't get women at all
Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Damn corporate environment! >:( Security just came and took all my bottles and drug paraphenalia away...:-/

I don't do drugs, but I sure could use a good stiff drink right about now. (For reasons outside this thread.)

Edit:

and Bammcaig get back to work ;)

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

This thread is fantastic! :D

[edit]

Quote:

This is the voice and conviction I hear in my head when reading piccolo's posts. (Only piccolo's though).

Haha, funny :)

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

sigh The world will forever regret the day I am forced to use weed to calm myself. An army of immortal vampires is kinda' hard to forget about... :-/

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Sure there can be some wise words in the piccolo's posts, but for god's sake if he learned how to spell correctly it would be really good - otherwise his posts are totally unreadable.

Besides he's that guy that abuses feelings. Just read the post with suggesting that phone calls. I don't have anything against that, though I'd not be able to play with someone's feelings, it's dangerous and it hurts. And because of guys like him there are many girls who hate us...

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

You're just jealous of Piccolo's sex stare! >:(

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

It can get tiring being a therapist for women's moods. As a guy, sometimes you have to let out steam yourself. That's where Piccolo is right. Just don't make a career out of it.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

GameCreator said:

As a guy, sometimes you have to let out steam yourself.

There are many ways to relieve stress and I try not to effect the people around me when doing it.

Sometimes I turn up whatever music helps (often Evanescence or Seether for this) and think. Sometimes I play Counter-Strike or go for a drive. It actually helps a lot to push yourself 'til you break: emotionally, physically, whatever gives you release.

There are times when I listen to Evanescence and reflect until I cry. Other times I pace around my house while Seether plays as loud as I can stand. In the summer I like to turn up the music while I'm shooting hoops. I literally just drift into thought and the real world disappears around me.

You have to work through things. Taking it out on somebody else isn't going to help at all. It's only gonna infect somebody else with the pain.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Oh seems like X-G is not around here, so I'll post it.
Shinji is emo

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Quote:

Often women are taught that men are insensitive and only after one thing.

The sensitive ones are after two other things, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Inphernic
Member #1,111
March 2001

bamccaig said:

sniffles

http://www.duckiehorde.net/lp2.jpg

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Crazy Photon said:

You get what you think about

No I don't :'(

piccolo said:

my mom always told me not to mess-up anyones girl children. so every girl i get with i try to help them out in life.

Er - L0L?

"Now, son, whatever you do, don't go around messing-up otherpeoples girl children."
"What do you mean, mum?"
"You'll understand when you're older."

By the way, don't take me too seriously about the whole 'planting logs' thing :)

GullRaDriel said:

smoke good weed

Please, if you must smoke it then do so covertly, but don't advocate it like that. It's illegal for very good reasons.

bamccaig said:

There are many ways to relieve stress and I try not to effect the people around me when doing it.

That's not necessarily a good thing. "Letting off steam" doesn't have to mean getting angry and losing all rationality. If you do have friends who have annoying habits, then there's nothing wrong with letting them know. Friendship is mutual, so if you care about them most of the time, then chances are they will care about you when you need them to. If you always act as if you're completely happy with everything they do, then the problem won't go away. :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Quote:

piccolo said:
my mom always told me not to mess-up anyones girl children. so every girl i get with i try to help them out in life.
Er - L0L?

"Now, son, whatever you do, don't go around messing-up otherpeoples girl children."
"What do you mean, mum?"
"You'll understand when you're older."

By the way, don't take me too seriously :)

i have 2 sisters.
I have a strict mother and father i was not allowed to bring girls into the house. i brang one into the house only because i though she and my mom would get along be cause she went to the same church my mom did. boy was i wrong. my mom chased her out when it was time for night church .i was 18-20 at the time.

Quote:

GullRaDriel said:
smoke good weed
Please, if you must smoke it then do so covertly, but don't advocate it like that. It's illegal for very good reasons.

A lot of people on allegro are from Amserdan remember "inter nets" is world wide.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I assume it's legal in Amsterdam then (I don't actually know). Amsterdam is in the minority, Gull is from France, and the reasons why it's illegal in most places are good reasons not to smoke or advocate weed anywhere, even in Amsterdam. I stand by my comment.

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

BP: Because you think negatively, you get the negation of what you really want. Try thinking positively and you will succeed :)

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

No, it was a joke. No matter how much I think about the girl I like, I never get her. ;D

--
The brxybrytl has you.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

BP: it's sad but I must second that. So that makes two of us and therefore a good anti-example for Crazy Photon's theory. :P

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Quote:

BP: it's sad but I must second that. So that makes two of us and therefore a good anti-example for Crazy Photon's theory. :P

its not his theory it was the find of a Dr i cant seem to find his name. i heard about it in sociology 101 when studying human behaver and depression.
some thing about humans blaming other for the feelings they feel, when it is truly they them self make them self feel the way that feel.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

Quote:

Crazy Photon's theory.

It's not mine.

Quote:

So that makes two of us and therefore a good anti-example for Crazy Photon's theory. :P

As I said before, whatever you think is right.

Quote:

it was the find of a Dr i cant seem to find his name

I guess it's Dr. Atkinson...

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Crazy Photon said:

As I said before, whatever you think is right.

That's not a physical, social, or psychological law; just a general observation. I think it's mostly based on body language in that if you think you don't have a chance you will express a lack of confidence (which all women bitch about wanting confidence) and so people either misinterpret it to say that you just have to believe in yourself or intentionally skip the details and try to manipulate others into doing better.

Unfortunately, as much as women want men to be confident, they're also quite successful in destroying your confidence. :-/

Psychology isn't that simple.

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

Trezker said:

Here's balls [bullsballs.com] for you.

No, this is balls!

Rampage said:

I don't get men at all. ???

See my earlier post.

said:

In the end (and pretty much the whole time she knew how I felt), she accused me of always overreacting about her not coming online often and my suspicions between that backstabber and her. It wasn't really overreacting if you ask me. I would call it appropriately, and perhaps for her, inconveniently, reacting.

Even if your intentions are not sinister, they might come accross that way. Asking that she be online more often than she wants to be comes accross as being clingy, and it turns women off. She is under no obligation to be on MSN when you demand it. Don't think you have to communicate with her at every possible moment - only occasionally would be fine as well.

bamccaig said:

She broke contact with me a few months ago, claiming complete ignorance in the complexities of the relationship and claiming to be a victim of my jealousy and obsession... I'd rather not hear supporters of her excuses because it was never an obsession and my jealousy was understandable.

Perhaps you should try and look at it from outside your perspective. If you keep mentioning that she should come online more often, she will see it as obsession, even if you don't. But being in love can warp your perception of the world.

bamccaig said:

I still miss her, even though I'm also extremely upset with her for how she handled everything.

It may still be possible to get her back as a friend. If your circle of friends get back together again without 'her', don't talk about 'her'. Thay way, it will not look like you've been devouered by your thoughts of 'her'. If 'she' does return, you may still talk, but do not talk about how she 'handled everything' or her not coming online often enough. She might see you as not being obsessed anymore, and may gradually warm back up to you. Afterall, she has been known to un-block you from MSN. If you do re-open communication, do not come accross as being obsessed.

bamccaig said:

I don't understand women saying they don't understand men. We act logically and don't change all that often (or at all really: our actions are always predictable if you analyze the situation).

See my response to Rampage. But for reasons that just are, women are turned off by logic and predictability (not all of them).

But as Idealius said: fish & sea. In the meantime, I'd suggest you follow Dennis's advice.

Dennis said:

(Took around 12 years for me to reach that day and it felt great. I had to laugh about it for a good five minutes. I even stopped dreaming about her.)

Ah yes, the sweet smell of victory.

Arthur Kalliokoski said:

I've noticed several times that when I get a girlfriend after a drought, willing girls suddenly appear everywhere (seemingly too late) but the only change was in my perception at the moment.

Or as I like to put it: They come crawling out of the woodwork.

piccolo said:

feeling and "love" is a childhood thing like the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fiery.

Bullshit!

Am I right in guessing that you are secretly afraid of being hurt by falling in love, and to prevent that, you've built up a persona around yourself where you take advantage of girls?

Love is a wonderful feeling - allow it to happen. Sure, you may risk getting hurt, but it's part of life. It will build on your experience. Without pain, there is no pleasure. Without Yang, there is no Yin (or is that the other way round?).

There's nothing wrong with 'just screwin' around' if you don't hurt anyone in the process. But beware, love has this habit of sneaking up on someone totally unawares. Don't deny it - love exists.

Love like you've never been hurt, Work like you don't need the money, Dance like nobody's watching.

piccolo said:

In real life you see a girl you want [...] or making her jeloss

Making her Jellos - now, that's something I never thought of. If she likes the jellos, she might even make me a jello-mould in the shape of her ... no wait, I'm getting ahead of myself here.

wearetheborg said:

Boohoo, I don't get women! :'(

Give me a break. ::)
Men don't need to understand women. Women don't need to understand men. Just try understanding ONE girl, and if you actually do manage to succeed, then you've got girlfriend (or maybe even wife :o) material right there. How about that?!

We're geeks - we like to figure things out - it's what we do.

There's a saying that if all you have is a hammer, then every problem will look like a nail. If someone lacks social-skills or is shy or has low self-esteem, but is inteligent, it will seem only natural that they will see the task of obtaining a woman as a puzzle which must be solved. To do this, they apply their intellect. They think that if they understand women well-enough, they might just find a way around their shyness or whatever (in other words, they are trying to reverse-engineer a woman). Although I do admit that sometimes, the geeks are avoiding their own self-esteem issues (ie. they are forgetting to take themselves into account when solving the puzzle), or the things that fundamentally turn off women (eg. bad personal hygene) - not that I'm saying that all geeks who have difficulty with women have these fundamental offputting things.

We appreciate the feminine insight that you offer us, but I thought it's time I gave you some masculine (well, geek-masculine) insight of my own. Learn to appreciate the fact that us geeks are trying hard to please women by finding out what pleases them. Even if it is not the right way to go about pursuing a woman, you've got to admit that they are trying hard.

I too once fell into that trap, but now women have to put up with my easy-to-unsderstand (from my perspective) behaviour, not to mention my newly-found demand for bizarre jello-moulds.

piccolo said:

ex example of plot : girl has guy she likes and wants him to like her. girl also has guy who likes her and chases her(you). girl gets guy she likes to see that she has guys chasing her. guy she likes gets jelus and instrasted in girl.girl cuts off guy that is chasing her(you). guy she likes has sex with her. guy she likes is satisfied and leaves girl. girl is sad girl finds back guy that was chasing her. girl builds back up selfasteam. cicle repates with new guy she likes or in many cases the same guy she likes.

I have to admit that there are plenty of girls out there like that.

piccolo isn't advocating that you take advantage of women in a way that can cause psychological harm - he's just trying to explain the way some women think. If you put aside your prejudices about taking advantage of women for a while and read what he has to say, it does explain the thought-patterns of some (not all) women. Basically, she's using you as a floor for her self-esteem level. Even if she's not deliberately taking advantage of you, she might be doing so without realising it. One trait that men who get stuck in the 'let's just be friends' trap have is that they are predicatble. This means that she knows she can use you to recharge her self-esteem.

On the other hand, she may be worried that if something does go wrong relationship-wise with you, she'll lose you. Friendships are usually very flexible, but a full-blown relationship (or even a 'sex-buddy' relationship) has great potential for going out of control and causing much havoc. That's why women have the habit of having one-night stands with men who they don't have anywhere near as much friendship with than they do with you. They can afford to lose them, but not you.

Anyway, if you suspect that a female friend is treating you like this, make sure the friendship becomes a two-way friendship. As well as offering a shoulder to cry on, cry on her shoulder. In fact, if you fancy another woman, tell her about it (although I'd recommend doing that after you've already gone through the process of asking her to be your gf and she's given the "let's just be friends" speech). If she's already said "let's just be friends", she is unlikely to be put off by your thoughts of the other woman (unless she hates her). In fact, she will give you advice and do other things to boost your self-esteem. In fact, this might even make her subconciously jealous and if that jealousy keeps up, she might want to go beyond the "just frinds" stage. This is an example of 'messing with the head' or 'manipulating' that is neither sinister nor psychologically harmful.

piccolo said:

A lot of people on allegro are from Amserdan remember "inter nets" is world wide.

I live in Amsterdam (and have lived there on and off many years) and I've never tried weed. Others can smoke the dope-grass-spliff all they want, but this a.cc'er's not having any of it.

My personal favourite method of letting off steam / stress-reliever is to take up a martial-art such as Jiu-Jitsu. Going on long-distance cycle-rides is another good method.

Bruce Perry said:

I assume it's legal in Amsterdam then (I don't actually know).

Although it's technically illegal, the police have got better things to do so they turn a blind eye. However, if it's inside the confines of a 'coffeeshop', it's perfectly legal.

piccolo: Just out of interest, what is your native language? If we knew, we might just be able to make more sense of your posts.

GullRaDriel: Fais pas ecouter a ceux qui dit que ton Anglaise est merde. Je aime ton linguisteek style.

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Wow Andrei ... you kill my mind (too much long post) ! ;-) Thanks for trying french, it is not too far from right.

I have corrected it JFTF (but I kept linguisteek as it was funny to read ;-p): Faut pas écouter ceux qui te disent que ton Anglais est de merde. J'aime ton linguisteek style.

For the weed thing, hum, bah ! I just want to say that everyone is free to do what he wants. If you do not want some, lemme take your part ;-p

Just a note, just for Bruce: Perhaps smoking/having/growing weed is illegal, but I never hear that it was illegal to talk about it, even if I tell that sometimes I take some. Telling things does not prove you have done it. Ok, if you take my blood ... perhaps there will be some THC inside.

Piccolo: What a strange man you are. You are not malicious, but strange, yeah for sure . ( And I really want to know where you are from too )

:D

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Quote:

everyone is free to do what he wants

Either that or a society that is responsible for everyone (health care, schools and such stuff).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Andrei: my mind blows, the only reason why I read your post, was because there are really wise words there.

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

Andrei said:

We appreciate the feminine insight that you offer us, but I thought it's time I gave you some masculine (well, geek-masculine) insight of my own. Learn to appreciate the fact that us geeks are trying hard to please women by finding out what pleases them. Even if it is not the right way to go about pursuing a woman, you've got to admit that they are trying hard.

You know what, I do find that pretty sweet actually.

Trezker
Member #1,739
December 2001

Today I learned something about women, and quite probably all of mankind.

People tend to yell first and clarify later.
If someone yells at you, you should let them finish and then ask why they are angry at you. Never assume anything! In many cases, the person is only angry at you because they have been misinformed or have misunderstood information.

A concrete example. Guy meets two girls and picks one. He later figures out that the girl he picked wasn't right and explains this to her, then goes to the other girl.
Then girl #1 is told by someone that the guy had been screwing around with girl #2 before the breakup. Girl #1 promptly gives the guy hell for it without even a thought of bringing up the reason and source of her anger which would have given the guy a chance to explain that she had been lied to.

Sadly, situations like this happen to people before they get higher education where you learn to criticize your sources.

Go to: