Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » I don't get women at all

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
I don't get women at all
mEmO
Member #1,124
March 2001

Quote:

The girls that do not interest me at all seem drawn to me

This is as close to a universal constant as you get. Most people reach for what they think they cannot have.

---------------------------------------------
There is only one God, and Connor is his son!
http://www.memocomputers.com
Happy birthday!

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

This is as close to a universal constant as you get. Most people reach for what they think they cannot have.

I'll name this constant "a", because it was first described in the a.cc forum.

-R

Ron Ofir
Member #2,357
May 2002

Actually, I think we should go for K, which makes it even more universal. Wanna know whatever? Just multiply by K!

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

bamccaig said:

It still upsets me today whenever the girl crosses my mind. I'd be willing to say the torment she put me through took me near insanity, if not into it. I still miss her[..]

Concentrate on your hobbies and your work and eventually time will heal this wound. You will forget her. Well, maybe you will not forget her entirely but some day, you'll just sit there and think of her and suddenly it will strike your mind that you don't feel anything anymore when you think of her and then you're free.

(Took around 12 years for me to reach that day and it felt great. I had to laugh about it for a good five minutes. I even stopped dreaming about her.)

P.S.: It's not her, who drove you into insanity. It's all in your head. You can fight it, if you want to, just don't drown in self-pity and concentrate on accomplishing some things. Cheer up.

Ron Ofir
Member #2,357
May 2002

Quote:

Concentrate on her boobies...

Yes, great piece of advice!

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

I second that!

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Quote:

The girls that do not interest me at all seem drawn to me.

Consider the possibility that the lack of anxiety while observing these girls allows you to notice the attraction. Maybe the girls that do interest you are also giving vibes, but you're too nervous to see them as they are.

I've noticed several times that when I get a girlfriend after a drought, willing girls suddenly appear everywhere (seemingly too late) but the only change was in my perception at the moment.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

I always seem to have bad luck in the lady department. Every girl I think I may be interested in dating seems to be already dating someone else.

Me too. I can say that my whole life in this department was a complete chain of disasters.

Quote:

Took around 12 years for me to reach that day and it felt great. I had to laugh about it for a good five minutes. I even stopped dreaming about her.

Yep, sometimes when I think about it on the boring lessons I have to laugh. Pitty she's one of my classmates, so it was hard as hell to get her out of mind. :-X

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

Quote:

It's not her, who drove you into insanity. It's all in your head. You can fight it, if you want to, just don't drown in self-pity and concentrate on accomplishing some things. Cheer up.

I don't think thats fair. It was his mistake for risking his well being by emotionally investing in her but still her fault for messing him up.

The real lesson is to be careful who you get close to.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Quote:

It was somewhat comforting that her sister, only a year younger, said she didn't understand it either.

you should have gone out with her sister. thats what i would have did.

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

you should have gone out with her sister. thats what i would have did.

Oh, that's a really piece of usefull advice ;) First it doesn't really solve the problem with your feelings. Sencond if you'd finally end up with the first object of interest you'd terribly hurt the sister and cause a lot of problems. Oh and don't forget that the sister wouldn't most probably go with you in the first place.

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Dustin said:

I don't think thats fair. It was his mistake for risking his well being by emotionally investing in her but still her fault for messing him up.

Maybe "It's all in your head." was too short to put it. What I meant to say was that one can have control over the thoughts and emotions in ones head. If something or someone messes you up, you can choose to repair it by refusing to let it/her make you the victim. This is, from my experience, best achieved by just carrying on with other things. I didn't say it was going to be easy or that it would go quick, it still takes time but for it to work, the first thing to accept is that one does not have to feel like the victim. A change in ones' thoughts by that leads to a change in ones' own perceived reality.

It's easier achieved, if you can talk about it and if you let others reflect on it, because it's very hard to break out of a certain state of mind just out of your own motivation. In times of despair, people lose their ability to think straight and logical, so to get out of it, it is a good thing to ask others about it, as they have enough emotional distance to the problem to be able to see some actual solutions without going ever onward in circles, victimizing themselves like the one that spent a few years with the problem already and doesn't see anything else but the problem anymore.

I didn't mean to be evil or unfair. However, I'm not a psychiologist and still have issues myself, so the above is not to be taken as some universal truth. It's just my experience and it doesn't claim to be correct in any way.

This board and the people on it have helped me more than once to get away from some set of unhealthy thoughts and to move on to other things, that's why I believe that it's next to impossible to go on without input from others when having some serious problems.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Quote:

I've noticed several times that when I get a girlfriend after a drought, willing girls suddenly appear everywhere

That's only typical female behaviour. Women are seemingly unsure when it comes to who could be considered a good catch. They simply fall for taken men or divorced men - if the men don't have other obvious qualities, like being a celebrity, which also kind of implies qualification. Like they were thinking: "If a woman has chosen this man, he can't be bad. I got to have him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Quote:

First it doesn't really solve the problem with your feelings.

feeling??? plz don't tell me you belive in that stuff. feeling and "love" is a childhood thing like the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fiery. In real life you see a girl you want you get girl by messing with her mind, or making her jeloss (witch is still messin with mind).

wow

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Well I don't believe in that voodoo bullshit, but I can tell you for sure what's happenning when your interest grows to desire and desire to obscession. And I can tell you that this can be considered love, this is due to some slight chemical changes in your body. And I can tell you that your advice doesn't solve that.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Homer: Heh, heh. Lisa, vampires are make-believe, just like elves, gremlins, and eskimos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Quote:

And I can tell you that this can be considered love, this is due to some slight chemical changes in your body

blah :-X you are the one that make thinks happen to your self. if you like something your the one that made your self like it.

wow

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Quote:

you are the one that make thinks happen to your self. if you like something your the one that made your self like it.

Sorry didn't get that one.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Piccolo, if I ever catch you near any of the girls I know, you die.

[EDIT]
Do you do contract work?

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

GameCreator
Member #2,541
July 2002

Quote:

you see a girl you want you get girl by messing with her mind, or making her jeloss

Yeah, it's like the phrase "any publicity is good publicity." Only works on certain types of women though (the ones who don't like nice guys or are otherwise messed up in the head already).

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

piccolo, you are officially banished from all threads regarding women, spelling, or music from this day forward. :-X

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Quote:

from this day foreword.

I suggest you also ban yourself from threads regarding spelling :P.

---------------------------
[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

I suggest you also ban yourself from threads regarding spelling

His spelling was fine, he just spelt the wrong word. ;)

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Ah. Sorry, I use the spell checker in Firefox when I type quickly, so it slipped by me. :-/

Jakub Wasilewski
Member #3,653
June 2003

Nothing to be sorry for. I just find it very amusing when someone comments on another person's spelling and makes a spelling mistake in the very same sentence :).

---------------------------
[ ChristmasHack! | My games ] :::: One CSS to style them all, One Javascript to script them, / One HTML to bring them all and in the browser bind them / In the Land of Fantasy where Standards mean something.

Go to: