Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Cosmic Invaders -- WIP demo

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Cosmic Invaders -- WIP demo
Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Yeah. That would be nice. A little easier to optimize your space. :)

Please give us a new version! :o

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

One of the things I find interesting about this game is the time at which you place the towers. A line of laser turrets shooting properly down the line seems to have a greater chance of hitting the targets than a line of laser turrets shooting approximately at the same time. ;D

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

There is no snapping per design, and there never will be. Part of the challenge of the game is to align your towers properly. Besides, not all towers are the same width, so snapping would be arbitrary and meaningless anyway.

New version will arrive when I've implemented upgrades and a few bug fixes.

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Are there giant enemy crab bosses in there?

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Quote:

Are there giant enemy crab bosses in there?

There should be! A game without giant enemy crab bosses is... I don't even want to imagine it.

-R

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

We demand that X-G has crabs in there!

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

We demand more Cthulhu like monsters!

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

We demand that X-G has NINE THOUSAND crabs in there!

Fixed.

------------

Paul Pridham
Member #250
April 2000

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

X-G having nine thousand crabs does seem a bit much.

-R

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

I think X-G's more interested in non-crab feedback.

Paul Pridham
Member #250
April 2000

William, no need to be so crabby. >:(

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Guess what I have?

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

... a new version, smartass.

--

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Kikaru
Member #7,616
August 2006

Were can we get a new version? :D

ReyBrujo
January 2001

It is attached to his post.

Woo-hoo! Upgrades! Now the towers appear to do too much damage :P It is a pain in the ass to play under wine, so I will test it out next Monday at work.

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Quote:

We demand that X-G has fish in there!

Fixed.

(damn god awfully ugly fish at that)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Paul Pridham
Member #250
April 2000

I defeated WAVE 45. Got killed because I sold some spark towers near the right edge to make room for a 3rd missile battery, and then the aliens started to heap up on the right side and land on me. Seems two missile batteries on each end with spark towers packed in between is the best strategy so far. May have to try a variation of this theme... put some missile batteries in the very middle, or mixed between spark towers.

ngiacomelli
Member #5,114
October 2004

It's getting really fun (and quite tactical), now. Here are my suggestions:

• Show the current wave number on screen at all times.

• Perhaps have a hotkey button that you can hold down to speed up game logic. I found that on early waves, I was sitting around not doing very much for large periods of time. It'd be nice if, like in Tetris, you could make the falling monsters speed up.

• Have game logic continue even if the game isn't in focus. Again, this is related to the above point.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Quote:

Perhaps have a hotkey button that you can hold down to speed up game logic. I found that on early waves, I was sitting around not doing very much for large periods of time. It'd be nice if, like in Tetris, you could make the falling monsters speed up.

Press and hold Tab. This feature is buggy though; timesteps don't have an upper granularity, so fast moving shots like lasers have a tendency to phase through invaders.

Quote:

Have game logic continue even if the game isn't in focus. Again, this is related to the above point.

If only I could figure out how to coerce Allegro to do this. None of the switching modes seem to make a difference.

--

ReyBrujo
January 2001

Planning money interest too?

--
RB
光子「あたしただ…奪う側に回ろうと思っただけよ」
Mitsuko's last words, Battle Royale

ngiacomelli
Member #5,114
October 2004

My new personal best is WAVE 35.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

It froze on me, twice. Maybe pressing tab is causing the lockups?

------------

Go to: