Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » [Update!] Project Amber

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
[Update!] Project Amber
le_y_mistar
Member #8,251
January 2007

Don't apologize, just move on and play the cool card. Sometimes the cool card alone will make them come to you.

-----------------
I'm hell of an awesome guy :)

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Evert: well it was our second serious conversation and I really didn't have any mean how to find out. Anyway I know that, and that's exactly what I try to do always, but sometimes...

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

Le_Y_mistar: Not in this case. I'd say there was a misunderstanding, so without resolving that nothing more will happen.

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

Quote:

Not in this case. I'd say there was a misunderstanding, so without resolving that nothing more will happen.

And she may construe the 'coolness' as arrogance.

--
"Shame your mind don't shine like your possessions do" - Faithless (I want more part 1)

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

Jhuuskon's law of geek courtship said:

On such threads on allegro.cc forums, for every post analysing human female behaviour the probability of a terminal male error approaches one.

Nothing personal. Just a thought that occured to me. ;D

You don't deserve my sig.

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

Evert said:

We got on fairly well, but I had a big crush on someone else at the time, so I didn't persue it (which with hindsight was the wrong thing to do, but it felt like the decent thing at the time).

This happens to me a lot. I think girls try to avoid you if they think you have a crush on them or if you're trying to find someone to have a crush on, but if your affections are elsewhere, they start popping up out of the woodwork. A female friend once told me that girls will flock to me if I don't keep wishing I had a girlfriend. From my observations, I'd say she was right.

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

A female friend once told me that girls will flock to me if I don't keep wishing I had a girlfriend. From my observations, I'd say she was right.

I'm going to second that from my own experiences.

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

if your affections are elsewhere, they start popping up out of the woodwork.

Oh, yes. I've noticed some girls to act more "flirty" when I'm talking to them about other cute girls - even if I really do have a crush on another girl.
It's also a well-known complaint: if you don't have a girlfriend, it's relatively hard to get one. If you do have a girlfriend, girls will be fighting for your attention.

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

Quote:

It's also a well-known complaint: if you don't have a girlfriend, it's relatively hard to get one. If you do have a girlfriend, girls will be fighting for your attention.

Because they think that there must be a reason why you don't have a girlfriend? And if you have girlfriend, then there must be something about you that's good?

--
"Shame your mind don't shine like your possessions do" - Faithless (I want more part 1)

Kauhiz
Member #4,798
July 2004

Maybe they just want to stick it to the other girl...

---
It's Ridge Racer! RIIIIIDGE RAAAAACER!

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Quote:

... just want to stick it to the other girl...

That's what he said. snicker snicker

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Hey you seem to forget that girls behaviour is irracional and illogical. That's why they act as you described.

jhuuskon: sigged ;D

"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

Richard Phipps
Member #1,632
November 2001

I'm sure they have problems with our behaviour too. ;)

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Quote:

Hey you seem to forget that girls behaviour is irracional and illogical.

I know it's a common male complaint that women are weird and wired backwards... not my experience with most girls I know though. The behavior I described above is fairly logical, from a biological point of view.

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

RP: yeah and that's why I'm so "naughty" to my female friends and tormenting them 8-)
Evert: well I understand your attitude, but I expirienced only illogical behaviour - I seem no to understand them :-/

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Thanks for the update Chris!

And ummm .... Congrats? I guess .... I don't even know anymore, this thread has gotten confusing.

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

CK: The results are hardly surprising. You are asking for dating advice in a programming forum, to programming geeks... says a lot about your actual dating skills. :P;)

-R

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Rampage: and that's why I haven't asked here ;D Oh wait, all my expirience come from attempt-error attitude, I haven't asked anybody :-X

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Real men don't ask girls out on a date, they inform girls they have a date! >:(

-R

Matthew Dalrymple
Member #7,922
October 2006

Ok quick solution, kill her then date her sister.. but seriously... just drop her. You are taking this too far, just calm down give her time, find someone else, and if that doesnt work out and you still wanna try for Amber... go to her, be like I've changed.. I'm more secure with myself and I made a mountian out of an ant hill .. wanna try things again?

Maybe go to a night club and get a nice bump and grind to clear things up?

Quote:

Real men don't ask girls out on a date, they inform girls they have a date! >:(

Hahhaha that's great :o

=-----===-----===-----=
I like signatures that only the signer would understand. Inside jokes are always the best, because they exclude everyone else.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Quote:

CK: The results are hardly surprising. You are asking for dating advice in a programming forum, to programming geeks... says a lot about your actual dating skills. :P;)

I have not only asked for advice from you guys. :P There's been a couple of people whom I respect greatly that give me more intimate advice. You guys, however, give different perspectives which is useful for getting an idea of what's going on.

So I went in to work today to talk to her. Guess what freaking happened? She said that part of it was her fault for not being more clear that she couldn't do anything Sunday. She also doesn't get any reception where her Dad lives, so that's why it didn't pick up. She also hadn't even listened to the voicemail and said she would skip it if I wanted her to.

Holy crap. God exists, kicks ass, and he's got my back in more ways than I can comprehend.

Oh man, I haven't felt this joyous in awhile. I mean, I'm normally happy, but this feels like being hugged, warmth and all.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

Quote:

Just because people here are interested in programming does not mean:

• We don't have any need for love and sex.

• We haven't had love and sex.

• We don't know how to talk to women/men (depending on gender and sexuality).

Just because some are not interested in programming doesn't give them some sort of "get into panties (or pants) for free" card. It seems like a couple of people here have that belief. :)

Quote:

God exists and he's got my back in more ways than I can comprehend.

Well the people you've talked to got your back. And the farewell message where God was mentioned is the one message on her voicemail she won't listen to if you don't want her to. So...

Rampage
Member #3,035
December 2002

Kent Larsson: your joke-comprehension skills are weak. What you say, however, is true; I myself have a girlfriend. 8-)

[edit]

Quote:

If you want to discuss the existence of God, do it in your own thread.

Oh, but I do so love the flaming! :'(

-R

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Quote:

And the farewell message where God was mentioned is the one message on her voicemail she won't listen to if you don't want her to. So...

That has nothing to do with it. I openly and honestly want God's blessing on her life. Whether she likes me or not.

And I'm going to forewarn some people: This is my thread. Please respect that. If you want to discuss the existence of God, do it in your own thread. Otherwise, I'm just going to request that Matthew remove those associated posts. Thank you.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

kentl
Member #2,905
November 2002

Quote:

Kent Larsson: your joke-comprehension skills are weak. What you say, however, is true; I myself have a girlfriend. 8-)

Though I quoted you it was directed at a lot of people. And I put a smiley in there to brighten it up a bit. Maybe it didn't work? :)

It's still true though. And there are a great number of people here who talks about their wifes and girlfriends. So there has to be some qualitative experience available. We all need someone to love so we all practice these skills during our lives.

Quote:

If you want to discuss the existence of God

I don't (and he doesn't) actually. But I still believe you have a better chance with her if she doesn't hear that voicemail as I believe that it was a bit too dramatic. Even if it was said with good intentions.

Go to: