Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » WHAT THE FU..? Strange Chess Rules?!?

Credits go to da_flo and Hrvoje Ban for helping out!
This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
WHAT THE FU..? Strange Chess Rules?!?
Kirr
Member #5,060
September 2004

r . . r . . k . 
. . . . . p p p
p p . q . . . .
. . p p n . . .
P . . . p . b P
B P N . P . . .
. . P P N P P .
. R . . K R . . *

Yeah, he built pretty good bunker... We shall see if I can break through.. :)

--
"Go to the NW of Stonemarket Plaza to the Blue Glyph Keeper Library door and enter."
- Lunabean's Thief Deadly Shadows Walkthrough, day eight

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Then i'd bet on black.;) (I don't feel the balance. In my opinion black is a little better off at the moment.)

[edit]Oh you already moved while i was typing:

r . . r . . k . *
. . . . . p p p
p p . q . . . .
. . p p n . . .
P . . . p N b P
B P N . P . . .
. . P P . P P .
. R . . K R . . 

Kirr
Member #5,060
September 2004

r . . r . . k . 
. . . . . p p p
p p q . . . . .
. . p p n . . .
P . . . p N b P
B P N . P . . .
. . P P . P P .
. R . . K R . . *

{"name":"show.php","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/f\/3f80f325602d31d6e8b398367ad5630e.gif","w":400,"h":400,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/f\/3f80f325602d31d6e8b398367ad5630e"}show.php
(white to move)

--
"Go to the NW of Stonemarket Plaza to the Blue Glyph Keeper Library door and enter."

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

r . . r . . k . *
. . . . . p p p
p p q . . . . .
. . p N n . . .
P . . . p . b P
B P N . P . . .
. . P P . P P .
. R . . K R . . 

{"name":"show.php","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/3\/c3ee05a90b031dc6e9b9ab92d898269d.gif","w":400,"h":400,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/3\/c3ee05a90b031dc6e9b9ab92d898269d"}show.php
(black to move)

Plucky
Member #1,346
May 2001

I'm betting on black. It seems to me that White is in trouble. Black has more space and have relative piece value advantage.

dthompson
Member #5,749
April 2005

Happy 100th post, btw!

Kirr
Member #5,060
September 2004

Hmm... too aggressive for defending side.. I'd rather avoid exchanges in white's place.

r . . . . . k . 
. . . . . p p p
p p q . . . . .
. . p r n . . .
P . . . p . b P
B P N . P . . .
. . P P . P P .
. R . . K R . . *

{"name":"show.php","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/d\/4ddf44f8340f99a4224d31df267083c9.gif","w":400,"h":400,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/d\/4ddf44f8340f99a4224d31df267083c9"}show.php
(white to move)

--

Trumgottist
Member #95
April 2000

FWIW, I see all images. Opera 8, in case that matters.

--
"I always prefer to believe the best of everybody - it saves so much time." - Rudyard Kipling

Play my game: Frasse and the Peas of Kejick

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

The defence couldn't have been hold forever anyways and that's why i'm being aggressive now.;)

r . . . . . k . *
. . . . . p p p
p p q . . . . .
. . p r n . . .
P . . . N . b P
B P . . P . . .
. . P P . P P .
. R . . K R . .

{"name":"show.php","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/3\/f30ee3d83c3e17936a64d8adad029ab3.gif","w":400,"h":400,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/3\/f30ee3d83c3e17936a64d8adad029ab3"}show.php
(black to move)

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

...And thus the battle ends?
(quote from a cannon(?) game)

[FMC Studios] - [Caries Field] - [Ctris] - [Pman] - [Chess for allegroites]
Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

FMC: Seems like it's over. Black hasn't moved for days.

Kirr???

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

..uhm, i'm not a great chess player and i hope Kirr doesn't get offended...

r . . . . . k .
. . . q . p p p
p p . . . . . .
. . p r n . . .
P . . . N . b P
B P . . P . . .
. . P P . P P .
. R . . K R . . *

{"name":"show.php","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/5\/e54c847c56e0830c66780287186dacb1.gif","w":400,"h":400,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/5\/e54c847c56e0830c66780287186dacb1"}show.php
White to move.

Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will, like them, only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them. -Anacharsis
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Kirr
Member #5,060
September 2004

Sorry, I'm having a "stop or my mom will shoot" scenario here at the moment.. :-/ It will be like this until end of week, then I'll be around again. Black does not resign yet! I'll try to come here more often anyway.
:)

Quote:

..uhm, i'm not a great chess player and i hope Kirr doesn't get offended...

Not at all, I am happy to get a teammate.. :)
(FMC==Mithrandir?)

--

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

r . . . . . k . *
. . . q . p p p
p p . . . . . .
. . p r n . . .
P . P . N . b P
B P . . P . . .
. . . P . P P .
. R . . K R . .

{"name":"show.php","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/4\/740607e328dad83b68c2fb466455bdc3.gif","w":400,"h":400,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/4\/740607e328dad83b68c2fb466455bdc3"}show.php
(black to move)

Kirr said:

(FMC==Mithrandir)

Evaluates to true.

Evert
Member #794
November 2000

Nd3, checkmate.

You may want to take back that last move by white. ;)
Doesn't matter too much though, the game's lost anyway - though it'll be a bit more spectacular if black is allowed to finish his attack.

Dennis
Member #1,090
July 2003

Evert said:

Nd3, checkmate.
You may want to take back that last move by white.;)

Awwwh damn, i should have taken a closer look.>:(
Moved is moved, there is no taking back.:(

Congratulations to the Black Team, and special thanks to Kirr for a nice game and also special thanks to FMC(Mithrandir) for the picture-generator.:)

FMC
Member #4,431
March 2004

Quote:

Sorry, I'm having a "stop or my mom will shoot" scenario here at the moment..

Uhh... i know that one :-X

And, as Dennis said, (FMC==mithrandir)=true

Kirr
Member #5,060
September 2004

Wow, the game is already finished! Yay to the black team! Thanks everyone for the epic game. (esp. Dennis for the queen sacrifice) :)

(I'll try to join next game more often.)

--

Go to: