Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Girly stuff

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Girly stuff
23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

Does that make SDL for boys?

Heh; good one :) I guess if Allegro's mascot is Hello Kitty, SDL's would be ... He-Man?

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Alex needs a female counterpart. Alyx, maybe?

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Allegra. I'll look for a picture of her later (yes, I have a certian character in mind ;))

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Karadoc ~~
Member #2,749
September 2002

Ok, Manjula.
I think the thread is lost.
Don't try to save it, it's too dangeous.
Just let it go.

Quote:

Does that make SDL for boys?

No. That's very bad logic.

-----------

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

So Manujla, did you hear what Jo said to Cara?? Wouldn't you just dieeee?? squeeeeel

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

Squeeeeeeel Like, Oh my gosh! barf me out! Gag me with a spoon!

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Ugh! Valley girl! >_< Never do that again ...

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

What's a valley girl?

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Like, I dont know. It's like, whatever, you know, but like, it doesn't matter, cause like, yesterday, I was at the like, mall, and this guy came up to me, and I was like "NO WAY!!!" and then, Candy, she was with me too, and she was like, "AS IF!" and I was like "SHA!!!" and she was like, "Like, whatever!" and I was so "like TOTALLY" .... OMIGAWD!! it was like, so totally awesome, you don't even know ....

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

stuarty
Member #2,969
November 2002

"gag me with a spoon" should have been in there :)

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Manjula already did that one. Like, seriously ... ;)

Ben, you've played Conker's Bad Fur Day, right? Conker's gf is a typical valley girl.

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

23yrdold did that a little too well........ :-X

-------------
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Ah, so that's a Valley Girl. I'd never come across the term before. Where does it come from? I googled for Valley Girl and the words weren't adjacent in the first few results ...

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Vally girl.. I think its a reference to Hollywood/L.A... Or "Valey Of the Dolls" ;)

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Ah! The fjortises! GETTHEMOFFMEGETHEMOFFGETTHEMOFFAARHGHHH ...

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

YAAAAAAAGH! cough

You mean the whole LA area is swarming with overgrown pissis's? (a.k.a. fjortises) Lordy! That's terrible. ;D

You don't deserve my sig.

DanTheKat
Member #1,990
March 2002

What's a "fjortise" (and I hope it isn't a cuss word).

---
"Even the best spellcaster can't transmute bread into bread." - spellcaster

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

The official definition:

/*
[11:30] <@fatso-> ?? fjortis
[11:30] <@Allegro> fjortis located in User Library
[11:30] <@Allegro> The quadecimus family. Common species are quadecimus vulgaris and quadecimus lunaris.
[11:30] <@Allegro> "a young person, 12-16 years, who laughs him/herself to death over the smallest thing and drinks way too much alcohol at weekends" - mEmO, proofread by entheh
[11:30] <@Allegro> "also typically want to commit suicide and looooove boys" - Tigge, proofread by entheh again ;>
[11:30] <@Allegro> n´ dey talK lAiK diz *fNizZA*
[11:30] <@Allegro> This Just In: apparently the term can be applied to guys too, in which case the giggling would probably be replaced by wanking, and loooooving of boys replaced by wanting to shag every girl he sees.
[11:30] <@Allegro> This Just In #2: it has occurred to me (entheh) what the main property of a fjortis is. THEY NEED ATTENTION! LOTS OF IT! >>>:O
*/

You don't deserve my sig.

manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

random comment: Didn't you think that "Beast Wars" was so cool? Too bad they stopped running it.

Paul Pridham
Member #250
April 2000

Never seen it personally, but I find myself kind of hooked on Dragonball Z lately, for some reason. I guess it's just fun to watch, and the way they drag out each episode keeps you hanging for the next one. ;)

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Paul Pridham said:

and the way they drag out each episode keeps you hanging for the next one.

That's the reason i don't like the show. :P

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

dbz eps never seem to get to the point! arrrghhh

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Dragonball Z ... the only show where five minutes can stretch over twenty episodes.

--

Andrei Ellman
Member #3,434
April 2003

Bruce Perry said:

I googled for Valley Girl and the words weren't adjacent in the first few results ...

Google tip of the day: Placing groups of words in double-quotes makes the search-engine only produce a hit if it finds the string in the quote.

So"Valley Girl" is what you want, andValley Girl is not.

Here is an example. 'Valley-girl' is in the double-quotes, and 'legs' is outside the double-quotes.

23yrold3yrold said:

Like, I dont know. It's like, whatever, you know, but like, it doesn't matter, cause like, yesterday, I was at the like, mall, and this guy came up to me, ...

In some dialects of UK-English, they put 'like' at the end of sentences, so that phrase would become.

23yrold3yrold said:

I dont know, like. It's, whatever, you know, like, but it doesn't matter, cause yesterday, I was at the mall, like, and this guy came up to me, like ...

This is just a dialect. It is not the UK equivalent of Valley-Girl speak.

AE.

--
Don't let the illegitimates turn you into carbon.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Like whatever and like stuff. Like really! Like gag me like with a like spoon or like something. (now if it was a guy saying that, or a butch girl.. Replace "like" with swears)

--

Go to: