Girly stuff
Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Arts is cool! >:(

But that wolvorine? yum... cough

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Quote:

The most i've ever known to be active on a single site was 5!

Umm, crazy_k, nichole/Matthew/BD/23, AngelChild, Manjula.. We're going to be classified as the first female-friendly programming site!

Quote:

Why can't more girls be interrested in cool stuff.

Prolly has to do with you scaring them:

Quote:

Why geeks like computers:
unzip; strip; touch; finger; grep; mount; fsck; more;yes;fsck;fsck;fsck;umount;sleep

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

arts is way cool! three cheers for the french teacher!

Zaphos
Member #1,468
August 2001

The perverse order of (academic) cool commonly found among girls (compiled through extensive research), in order of cool to not cool:
Art / Music
Poetry
Foreign affairs / political activism
A bunch of irrelevant stuff
Biology
-- here we enter the realm of uncool --
Chemistry
Physics
Computer related activity
Science fiction

As we can clearly see, the list is approximately inverse of the correct list, excepting that art/music is in approximately the correct place (science fiction and computers and physics might go above it, I'm not sure).

However unfortunate this error, it does make easy the task of culling interesting people from the insane majority; rather than doing a more involved check on each girl, you can first make sure that the girl has an approximately valid ordering of their list.
This technique is of notable similarity to frustum culling, and likewise, can be very effective, but unfortunately is not entirely accurate -- there is a distinct chance of both Type I and Type II error. Use the method, hence, only when approximate analysis of the dating scene is enough (this is usually the case given a sufficient population).

manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

here my faves
Science fiction
art/music
biology
A bunch of irrelevant stuff

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I hate biology...

Give me DDR and programming any day (BTW, the stuff I drew on me in my current avatar is from a girl character named Emi in DDR)

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Zaphos
Member #1,468
August 2001

Any relation to Yves, Manjula?
Anyway, your ordering of cool is close enough to sanity that the Zaphos Analysis would return positive for you, given a standard level of "close enough." Congratulations! I would estimate that you have a 76% chance of being cool.

Edit (in response to X-G): Oh. This thread makes so much more sense now. C'est tres spam, n'est pas?

X-G
Member #856
December 2000

Zaphos: She's Yves' sister ...

--
Since 2008-Jun-18, democracy in Sweden is dead. | 悪霊退散!悪霊退散!怨霊、物の怪、困った時は ドーマン!セーマン!ドーマン!セーマン! 直ぐに呼びましょう陰陽師レッツゴー!

manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

I am almost cool! brilliant!8-)

DanTheKat
Member #1,990
March 2002

"All the big kids pee their pants! You aren't cool until you pee your pants!" - Billy Madison

---
"Even the best spellcaster can't transmute bread into bread." - spellcaster

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

I know some of you are just thinking about geek girls. hahaha!!!

-------------
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

kronoman
Member #2,911
November 2002

Quote:

ive never actually seen a true female programmer

My program teacher in school is female.
Also, my assistan programmer in my new job.
And also, we do have (little) gird buddys, so, yes, girl does code, and code well.
At least, the ones that I know.
Sadly, my teacher forces me to program in Pascal...
Altough, in my shool job, I code in PHP...

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I hate Wolverine. He used to be cool but now his book is just fanboy crap. If I were ever made writer on X-Men, the first thing I would do is kill him off. Immediately. Actually, I'd kill him off on the cover, and the issue would just be a flashback to how it happened. If I could get away with it, I'd kill him in the previews ...

So I guess my opinion on Wolverine's arse is "it's grass and I'm a lawnmower".

Anyway, it would be nice to see a conversation that doesn't revolve around "Wow! A girl! :D" ::) You are all to be commended for not yet asking for a picture (unless I missed it) ;) ...

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

wearetheborg
Queen of the Universe
June 2003

wow this place does need girls
I joined under the influence of my sibblings, this seems like a nice place. The M's are taking over the forum, resistence is futile.
Anyway, about the girly stuff, I just wanted to add the Wolverine has a muscular arse. Why am i the only one who noticed?

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Everyone has a muscular arse; that's how they're drawn. And all the women have a nice rack and everyone wears spraypainted costumes. :)

Now where's your avatar?

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

I gotta make a comment about mystique. Even after 20 years you'd never get tired of her. She can be anything you want her to be :D

-------------

IronBob
Member #3,248
February 2003

hey what about the frog dude ... now hes got skillz.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Toad sucks in the comics. Mystique has her own miniseries right now, which has been getting some nice reviews ...

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

manjula
Member #3,569
June 2003

I have a crush on nightcrawler

phate
Member #2,235
April 2002

something smells fishy...
Methinks that Manjula and Diana are really Yves!
wait that can't be right... [shudders]
well something still smells...
never mind I found it... (damn kittens, teach you to piss on my magazine!!!)

-----
For my next trick... ah fark it.
[Website][Twitter]

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Quote:

I have a crush on nightcrawler

Okay, you have taste ...

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Yeah, girls never stay for long :(

.. but, when they're here, the threads they create and post in grow almost as fast as threads about religion or the war! ;)

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I think the girls just don't stay cause we bore the pants off them... Ok, wrong analogy, but you see my point... Ok, wrong visual... I'm just saying everything wrong ain't I? :P

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

the_y_man
Member #1,770
December 2001

you wish you could bore their pants off;D

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

why? are they hot yves?

-------------

Go to: