Depot Games: Purple Martians
Project Status: Completed
Highest Popularity: #5 during November 2007
Links: Web Site, My Youtube Account
Developers: Michael Weiss
Number of Players: 8 (Direct IP (LAN/Internet))
Ports: Linux, Windows
Source Code: Available
Author's Description: A really cool platform game like Bubble Bobble, Lode Runner, or Super Mario.
Its completely free.
- many fun and challenging levels
- lots of items and enemies that are completely customizable with the level editor
- bombs you can carry and throw
- rockets you can ride and steer
- moveable lifts you can ride
- switches that change blocks solid and back
- springs that let you jump very high
- keys that open locked blocks
- doors to transport you to other places in the level
- cloner that copy enemies and items
- podzilla plants that pop up and shoot at you
- helpful pop-up messages to help you figure stuff out
- LAN networked game mode with up to eight players
- user defineable setup for keyboard and/or joystick
- homemade sound effects
- a music track by Russel Hoy
- fancy scrolling help screens with images and animations
- the game can handle almost any screen resolution you can throw at it
- it will adapt and re-size
- very smooth moving graphics
- you can zoom in or out to make the amount of level shown on the screen bigger or smaller
- you can adjust the frames per second to anything you like
- you can choose betwen 15 different colors for your player
- a nice graphical level selector
And the best feature of all: The Level Editor to make your own levels!
If you create new levels, please send them to me.
The only levels I get to play are ones that I created myself, and how challenging could that be?
The netgame works just fine across XP, 7 and 10 and ubuntu;
If you download it, please take a few minutes to send me some feedback.
Send your comments to:
Email me your new levels as e-mail attachments.
Russel Hoy wrote me some music for the game that I use as a background soundtrack.
I use the music library DUMB to play his .xm music file in both windows and linux.
See the help file for more details.
Overall Rating: 9.5
I have always felt driven to create things. The act of creation is magical, there was nothing, and now there is something. Willed into existence by the force of my brain power. Music and programming are my main creative outlets, but they are only hobbies, I make a living doing other more boring things. I have an electronics engineering technology diploma and generally work in that fields related to that. I am self taught, no formal training in either music or programming. As with all things, hard work, practice and determination have improved my skills. You can check out my music at: https://www.youtube.com/user/mweiss0001 The only programming I have released is my game "Purple Martians" https://www.allegro.cc/depot/PurpleMartians I welcome any comments, suggestions, rambling incoherent babbling, etc. I like to get emails, don't be shy. email@example.com (View Profile)