Depot Games: Purple Martians
Project Status: Completed
Highest Popularity: #5 during November 2007
Links: Web Site, My Youtube Account, Download Purple Martians from itch.io
Developers: Michael Weiss
Number of Players: 8 (Direct IP (LAN/Internet))
Ports: Linux, Windows
Source Code: Not Available
Author's Description: A really cool platform game like Bubble Bobble, Lode Runner, or Super Mario.
Its completely free.
- many fun and challenging levels
- lots of items and enemies that are completely customizable with the level editor
- bombs you can carry and throw
- rockets you can ride and steer
- movable lifts you can ride
- switches that change blocks solid and back
- springs that let you jump very high
- keys that open locked blocks
- doors to transport you to other places in the level
- cloners that copy enemies and items
- podzilla plants that pop up and shoot at you
- helpful pop-up messages to help you figure stuff out
- LAN networked game mode with up to eight players
- user definable setup for keyboard and/or joystick
- homemade sound effects
- a music track by Russel Hoy
- fancy scrolling help screens with images and animations
- the game can handle almost any screen resolution you can throw at it
- it will adapt and re-size
- very smooth moving graphics
- you can zoom in or out to make the amount of level shown on the screen bigger or smaller
- you can adjust the frames per second to anything you like
- you can choose between 15 different colors for your player
- a nice graphical level selector
And the best feature of all: The Level Editor to make your own levels!
If you create new levels, please send them to me.
The only levels I get to play are ones that I created myself, and how challenging could that be?
System Requirements (or systems that I tested it on):
The netgame works identically across all platforms
See the help file for more details, or email me. (email@example.com)
If you download it, please take a few minutes to send me some feedback.
Send your comments to:
Email me your new levels as e-mail attachments.
Or add a review on allegro.cc.
Code Blocks 17.12
Russel Hoy wrote me a cool background soundtrack in 2000.
This project is licensed under the zlib license.
Source code available on request:
Here is a is list of tasks you must perform to get the source code:
1. Send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting the sources
2. Attach a new level for the game that you have created (optional)
3. Promise not to laugh at the nasty hacks and kludges in my code!
Any questions, comments, or anything else, email me. (email@example.com)
Download from the itch.io link at the top of the page:
Overall Rating: 9.5
I have always felt driven to create things. The act of creation is magical, there was nothing, and now there is something. Willed into existence by the force of my brain power. Music and programming are my main creative outlets, but they are only hobbies, I make a living doing other more boring things. I have an electronics engineering technology diploma and generally work in that fields related to that. I am self taught, no formal training in either music or programming. As with all things, hard work, practice and determination have improved my skills. You can check out my music at: https://www.youtube.com/user/mweiss0001 The only programming I have released is my game "Purple Martians" https://www.allegro.cc/depot/PurpleMartians I welcome any comments, suggestions, rambling incoherent babbling, etc. I like to get emails, don't be shy. firstname.lastname@example.org (View Profile)