Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Krampushack 2020 open for registration, Dec 13-31

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Krampushack 2020 open for registration, Dec 13-31
Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I don't know why I enter these competitions, I never finish.

You will eventually. What'd you come up with?

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

@Edgar: </3 :'( We'd be curious to see what you cooked-up anyway, finished or not. :)

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

I almost give up but in the last second I have a game. Not the best one, not the one he deserves and not even the best I can do (:-/) but the final result is neat and cozy (I think).

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

I managed to get mine done in time. There's a good chance I'll add a bit more, the bits that I thought of but didn't have time to implement.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I've got all the minimum stuff in there, I just need to add a boss level then I have a complete but very short game.

If I'm up late maybe I can craft a second level before the deadline.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I'm trying to put together a clear overview. This is what I have so far, please help me fill the gaps...

• I've got 8 submissions, from: Eric, Elias, GullRaDriel, SiegeLord, archdark, NunoMartinez, DizzyEgg and myself

• I've got 1 entry from push32 that will be added to the site later.

• I've got 3 clear drop-out notices from BugSquasher, DoctorCop and Tharro

• I'm still expecting a submission from Mark Oates. What are you waiting for, Mark?

• I'm not sure about RmBeer, Bamccaig and relpatseht. They were working on games at some point, they didn't submit, but they aren't clearly out either.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I'm still expecting a submission from Mark Oates. What are you waiting for, Mark?

Oooh, I did send an email about 9:56AM EST with my submission to your gmail. Did you manage to get it? And just now I put up the announce post: https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/618320

--

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

It was cool. As usual when I'm finishing (which is not common for me), I want to polish it and make it a real game (which I'm never doing). I need to win the lottery so I can spend my time hacking stupid things of my own X-D
I'm willing to try and review each entry during the imparted time.
I wish you a good year, and fun.
8-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Oooh, I did send an email about 9:56AM EST with my submission to your gmail. Did you manage to get it?

Got it! I'll add your entry, together with push32's, to the uploads page in a short while.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I'm afraid that I'm clearly out. :( I got hung up on some stupid bug for a couple of days, and my overnight C++ environment cost me some hours too. So I'll be submitting an e-card somehow. :)

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Status update:

9 completed (I uploaded Mark's entry to the site)
1 waiting - I'm still waiting for push32 to contact me to retry that failed upload
5 definitely out
1 probably out (no confirmation from Relpatseth yet)

With 10 entries out of 16 participants, I consider that a pretty good haul this year!

I'm going to wait a bit longer to resolve these before I send out a concluding email.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

@amarillion how can I update my entry to add missing allegro dlls spotted by SiegeLord ? Can I just re-upload entry ?

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Do you have a place where you can upload it yourself? Then just link it from your depot thread, and perhaps also from your log for completeness sake.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Done and done. Thanks for the quick answer.

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

I'm silly :-/ :

The zip file I submitted doesn't include sources, just binary for Windows, but also doesn't include Allegro DLLs because it were more than 5MiB.

I really don't know what I was thinking about. I'll create the thread at the Depo forums and see.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

How do we cast review results ? The countdown has started, but I don't see any way to vote.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Yeah, I removed the voting count-down. I didn't think this part completely through.

The trouble is, the TINS site voting part is completely geared towards TINS, not KrampusHack. For example, it will make you vote on art/tech/genre/overall categories, but that doesn't really make sense right now. Since everybody had different requirements to start with, it's not really easy to pick a winner anyway.

Instead, I propose we do the following: review the games here on the forums. Most games already have an allegro.cc depot thread, so you can just add your review in there. If you want to go further, you may also send your reviews around to the tins competition mailing list. Everybody is welcome to declare a winner from their own personal perspective, and if somehow a clear consensus arises from that, then we may elevate this to official status.

The most important thing is to get these games played! I love getting feedback on my own game and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. With that in mind, it would be great if somebody could help me compile a windows binary pack. Is anybody interested in doing that? I can find hosting space for it.

by the way, last status upate:

I've also added RmBeer's entry to the site. It's late so it should be disqualified for any prizes (spoiler alert: there aren't any), but I still think it's nice to fulfill one more secret santa.

So with that, we've got 11 submissions out of 16. Not bad at all!

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Yeah, that's a great harvest of entries ! I remember not having that much finished a dozen years ago.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

@amarillion :
Thank you very much for still adding me to the list, even though it was a bit late. :)
At least I can say that I have finished a game for the competition, sure? 8-)

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Since I figured I'd wasted about 6 days due to narcilepsy and brain freeze, I'd make up those six days now. I've put about 4 days in since new year's and while I have some progress to show, it's nothing to brag about. But nevertheless I will share what I have now in two days, and see where that gets me.

Sorry to keep you waiting Eric, you're my giftee. I haven't made you a card, but I will submit all assets and source code to you in 2 days and make some binaries. Windows or Linux?

POYO RULES. KNEEL BEFORE SIR ERIC OF JOHNSON.

;D

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Sorry to keep you waiting Eric, you're my giftee. I haven't made you a card, but I will submit all assets and source code to you in 2 days and make some binaries. Windows or Linux?

I look forward to it! Windows, please. :)

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

You can already see Poyo on GitHub. The README will tell you how to use it, and will provide links to examples and a reference guide. You can then get a better feel for how I used Poyo in my little KrampusHack game (forum post and source on GitHub). :)

I'm slowly working on the second version. I want to add stereo audio panning, texture transformations (as opposed to only transforming vertices), documentation improvements, performance enhancements, support for loading screens and custom game loops, and primitives (as silly as it sounds, I originally only intended to blit bitmaps, so I didn't write any primitive-drawing methods).

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Go to: