Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Krampushack 2018 registry open

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Krampushack 2018 registry open
amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Continuing the discussion from this thread: https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/617629

I've created a page on the TINS site for Krampushack 2018. I started writing up the rules here: https://tins.amarillion.org/krampu18/rules/, please let me know what you think, they can still be changed to some extent.

You can already register on the same site.

Doctor Cop
Member #16,833
April 2018

SMTPAuthenticationError at accounts/register

(535, '5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials b49sm2974297edb.73 - gsmtp')

Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://tins.amarillion.org/accounts/register/
Django Version: 1.9
Exception Type: SMTPAuthenticationError

• Can't register. It gives me this error.

Exception Value:

(535, '5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials b49sm2974297edb.73 - gsmtp')

Exception Location: /usr/lib/python2.7/smtplib.py in login, line 622
Python Executable: /usr/bin/python
Python Version: 2.7.12
Python Path:

['/srv/code',
'/srv/code',
'/usr/local/bin',
'/usr/lib/python2.7',
'/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-x86_64-linux-gnu',
'/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk',
'/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old',
'/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload',
'/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages',
'/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages']

Server time: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 07:23:10 +0000

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Registered without it batting an eye.

8-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Aargh! Email never wants to keep working form one competition to the next.

I switched to a different smtp server, it should work now. Please try again!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Even more Argh!!!

I only tested the activation email, but not the password reset email.

Apparently REGISTRATION_DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL only affects the activation mail, It should have been DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL.

I tested both now, it really should work. Please try again.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

{"name":"611783","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/d\/5d4170c67a8e50ac399e9a9422cb2a7d.png","w":758,"h":375,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/d\/5d4170c67a8e50ac399e9a9422cb2a7d"}611783

All better now.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

KrampusHack! Good luck, all. I just accepted a new job starting this month, so I'm going to be out. :'(

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Quote:

Krampushack 2018 registry open

\o/

YES! :D :D :D

Registered!! 🎉🎅🎉🎅🎉🎅

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Doctor Cop
Member #16,833
April 2018

I can't see myself in entrants, is it not possible or my request for joining the competition is not accepted yet?

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I can see your name there at the bottom of enterants:

https://tins.amarillion.org/krampu18/entrants/

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Hey, looks like we've got a good number of entrants already. Who else would like to join?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I've done advertising as much as I could.

Edit: Amarillion, could you add a new on the site that state that Krampus hack is coming soon, with a link the the event page ?

EDIT: Everyone on the starting lines please ! :D

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Definitely warming up my repos and build pipelines over here. Y'all better watch out! 8-)

--

Doctor Cop
Member #16,833
April 2018

Tomorrow is the day when our Santas will be revealed.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

I'm a big confused, the rules says we should post our wishlist... somewhere. Where should we do it?

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Please post your wishlist on the TINS logs. I started mine:

https://tins.amarillion.org/krampu18/log/

Tomorrow, when the secret santas are revealed, I will send everybody a link to the log of the one they are going to make a game for (Would you call that the wishlist of the giftee? I'm a bit struggling with the terminology around secret santa).

I'll send everybody a reminder now.

btw, we need a hashtag. I propose #KrampusHack18

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I used #KrampusHack18 then

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I have been thinking about what to do with drop-outs. Inevitably, some will not be able to stay in the competition until the end, and that is fine. I'm not judging. But it's a shame if you spend all your time creating a gift, but receive nothing in the end because the person who had you had dropped out.

Therefore I propose the following rule: If you drop out, your giftee passes on to your gifter. I.e. I will tell the person that is making a gift for the drop-out, they are switching to a new target. For example. suppose Alex is making a gift for Ben, and Ben is making a gift for Matt. Now suppose Ben drops out. I will send a message to Alex that her gift is going to Matt instead. Alex will get a copy of Matts' wishlist.

Alex can choose which wishlist to implement, or even pick her favorite rules from both wishlists. However, no matter which rules Alex chooses, the gift will go to Matt.

Needless to say, switching targets is a hassle, so please avoid dropping out if you can. The earlier you make the call, the better it is.

What do you think of this rule?

Also, to avoid dropping out, do what I will do and start from an existing game and make small modifications. Make sure you have the game in a working state at the end of every coding session. That way, even if you didn't manage to keep to your coding schedule, you will still have a working game to give.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Martin, can you send me a PM when the competition starts? With my giftee target? I don't have working email yet, my computer broke and I'm using an old XP desktop I haven't fully gotten setup yet.

BTW, I am bugsquasher on TINS, and I just put my wishlist in.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I'm setting it up so I won't know myself! It will be possible that you are going to get me...

So I won't PM you, but I can hack together a page on the TINS site where you can find out.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

1   2 

Go to: