Krampushack 2018 registry open
amarillion

Continuing the discussion from this thread: https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/617629

I've created a page on the TINS site for Krampushack 2018. I started writing up the rules here: https://tins.amarillion.org/krampu18/rules/, please let me know what you think, they can still be changed to some extent.

You can already register on the same site.

Doctor Cop

SMTPAuthenticationError at accounts/register

(535, '5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials b49sm2974297edb.73 - gsmtp')

Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://tins.amarillion.org/accounts/register/
Django Version: 1.9
Exception Type: SMTPAuthenticationError

• Can't register. It gives me this error.

Exception Value:

(535, '5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials b49sm2974297edb.73 - gsmtp')

Exception Location: /usr/lib/python2.7/smtplib.py in login, line 622
Python Executable: /usr/bin/python
Python Version: 2.7.12
Python Path:

['/srv/code',
'/srv/code',
'/usr/local/bin',
'/usr/lib/python2.7',
'/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-x86_64-linux-gnu',
'/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk',
'/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old',
'/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload',
'/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages',
'/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages']

Server time: Sun, 2 Dec 2018 07:23:10 +0000

GullRaDriel

Registered without it batting an eye.

8-)

Edgar Reynaldo

Inevitably, each year I forget my TINS username and password.

The reset isn't working. I saved the generated error page for you to look at below.

https://www.allegro.cc/files/attachment/611779

amarillion

Aargh! Email never wants to keep working form one competition to the next.

I switched to a different smtp server, it should work now. Please try again!

Edgar Reynaldo
amarillion

Even more Argh!!!

I only tested the activation email, but not the password reset email.

Apparently REGISTRATION_DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL only affects the activation mail, It should have been DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL.

I tested both now, it really should work. Please try again.

Edgar Reynaldo

{"name":"611783","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/d\/5d4170c67a8e50ac399e9a9422cb2a7d.png","w":758,"h":375,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/d\/5d4170c67a8e50ac399e9a9422cb2a7d"}611783

All better now.

Onewing

KrampusHack! Good luck, all. I just accepted a new job starting this month, so I'm going to be out. :'(

Mark Oates
Quote:

Krampushack 2018 registry open

\o/

YES! :D :D :D

Registered!! 🎉🎅🎉🎅🎉🎅

Doctor Cop

I can't see myself in entrants, is it not possible or my request for joining the competition is not accepted yet?

Mark Oates

I can see your name there at the bottom of enterants:

https://tins.amarillion.org/krampu18/entrants/

amarillion

Hey, looks like we've got a good number of entrants already. Who else would like to join?

Edgar Reynaldo

amarillion, since allegro is not required, it would make sense to advertise elsewhere, like on gamedev.net. I could do it, but you are running the competition so it would be more official from you.

GullRaDriel

I've done advertising as much as I could.

Edit: Amarillion, could you add a new on the site that state that Krampus hack is coming soon, with a link the the event page ?

EDIT: Everyone on the starting lines please ! :D

Mark Oates

Definitely warming up my repos and build pipelines over here. Y'all better watch out! 8-)

Doctor Cop

Tomorrow is the day when our Santas will be revealed.

Edgar Reynaldo

But no one's put in their wishlist yet?

SiegeLord

I'm a big confused, the rules says we should post our wishlist... somewhere. Where should we do it?

amarillion

Please post your wishlist on the TINS logs. I started mine:

https://tins.amarillion.org/krampu18/log/

Tomorrow, when the secret santas are revealed, I will send everybody a link to the log of the one they are going to make a game for (Would you call that the wishlist of the giftee? I'm a bit struggling with the terminology around secret santa).

I'll send everybody a reminder now.

btw, we need a hashtag. I propose #KrampusHack18

GullRaDriel

I used #KrampusHack18 then

amarillion

I have been thinking about what to do with drop-outs. Inevitably, some will not be able to stay in the competition until the end, and that is fine. I'm not judging. But it's a shame if you spend all your time creating a gift, but receive nothing in the end because the person who had you had dropped out.

Therefore I propose the following rule: If you drop out, your giftee passes on to your gifter. I.e. I will tell the person that is making a gift for the drop-out, they are switching to a new target. For example. suppose Alex is making a gift for Ben, and Ben is making a gift for Matt. Now suppose Ben drops out. I will send a message to Alex that her gift is going to Matt instead. Alex will get a copy of Matts' wishlist.

Alex can choose which wishlist to implement, or even pick her favorite rules from both wishlists. However, no matter which rules Alex chooses, the gift will go to Matt.

Needless to say, switching targets is a hassle, so please avoid dropping out if you can. The earlier you make the call, the better it is.

What do you think of this rule?

Also, to avoid dropping out, do what I will do and start from an existing game and make small modifications. Make sure you have the game in a working state at the end of every coding session. That way, even if you didn't manage to keep to your coding schedule, you will still have a working game to give.

Edgar Reynaldo

Martin, can you send me a PM when the competition starts? With my giftee target? I don't have working email yet, my computer broke and I'm using an old XP desktop I haven't fully gotten setup yet.

BTW, I am bugsquasher on TINS, and I just put my wishlist in.

amarillion

I'm setting it up so I won't know myself! It will be possible that you are going to get me...

So I won't PM you, but I can hack together a page on the TINS site where you can find out.

Edgar Reynaldo

That would be perfect. ;)

Mark Oates

✅ I got the welcome email.

What do you think of this rule?

Sounds good to me.

SiegeLord

Needless to say, switching targets is a hassle, so please avoid dropping out if you can. The earlier you make the call, the better it is.

FWIW, if you don't recall the original Christmas hacks, there the giftee of a dropped-out gifter would just get a random entry without the gifter getting any notification.

GullRaDriel

What SiegeLord says is true.

Edit:
OASN my enterprise proxy is blocking tins website, because of...hacking. Fun no? ;D
{"name":"611806","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/4\/24a7fa9f12dc320c41b46f5e0d57af47.png","w":559,"h":248,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/4\/24a7fa9f12dc320c41b46f5e0d57af47"}611806

amarillion

The secret santa's have been determined. All participants, go to this link:

https://tins.amarillion.org/krampu18/secretsanta/

If you are an entrant to the competition, you should be able to see who you should make a gift for (All others will probably get a 404)

@GullRaDriel: Hmm, do they mean the site has been hacked, or that the site is about hacking? If the former, I should do some checks. If the latter, then, yes, fair enough.

GullRaDriel

That is IS about hacking.

It's a pity since they hire me as a developer. IMHO a developer shouldn't be blocked from at least reading hacking ressources.

Praise global rules.

EDIT(ed): I still do not have any rules to begin with. The guy did not posted anything. >:(

Mark Oates

For this, I'm going to give my original KrampusHack engine a makeover. It's one of the most robust engines I've made so far and I'm trying to commit to not making everything from scratch as I tend to do.

amarillion

GullRaDriel, I sent you a PM about that.

Edgar Reynaldo

TINS is for programming not hacking you should submit a request to have the website removed from your proxy filter.

Most of my code is on my broken laptop in the repair shop, so I have to pretty much start from scratch. Don't worry, I've got some great ideas. Putting together all my new knowledge from the last year or two of programming into something bigger.

;D

EDIT
Github repo up and running with first commit. Hello KrampusHack 2018!

EDIT2
Get cracking on those logs people!

GullRaDriel

Got the basics running. I'm now going to do like Edgar, set up a git repo and commit !

I also have idea I hope I'll be able to implement in time.

Edgar Reynaldo

Day before yesterday couldn't sleep worth diddly squat. Tossed and turned for hours. Yesterday was a total bust. But I'm up early today, and I'm ready to start cranking out some code. 🔧

Logs people!!!

Gully, where are your logs?

Mark Oates

Thread Bump!

I tried a bunch of attempts but I've really sucked at it this year. I did like 3 attempts at a thing, and none of them have really worked out!

If I'm lucky, I'll get to at least a viable MVP, which is you press a key and then you win. :o

Edgar Reynaldo

Learning from failure is the key to success. ;)

EDIT
Also, if you can't make it, fake it.

And, Keep It Simple Stupid...

Those are my guiding principles. ;) xD :D

GullRaDriel

I nearly got something then I was on Christmas site and there were no internet.

I'll submit an out of date entry during the week.

>:(

SiegeLord

I'll submit an out of date entry during the week.

The competition ends on the 31st, so you'll still be on time.

GullRaDriel

Oucchaaaaaa nice point Siegelord !!

:-D

I thought it was Xmas date. I'm good for finishing something :-D

Doctor Cop

My Exams are going on and I couldn't get enough time to work on my game.
My entry might not be a good one.

I will manage to post it before 31st.

amarillion

Learning from failure is the key to success. ;)

Also, if you can't make it, fake it.

And, Keep It Simple Stupid...

Wise words!

Doctor Cop

sorry guys, I won't be able to post my game before 31st.
I have sent private message to amarillion.

Edgar Reynaldo

That's too bad Doc, sorry you couldn't finish. I'm struggling to have something presentable right now. I hope you learned a lot from the experience though!

Doctor Cop

Well, yes I have learned a lot and the most important thing "what should be considered first" before anything else.

Now the lesson is learned and I will not make the same mistakes which made me first delay my entry and then cancel it.
now I know what part takes how much time and from next time I will manage my time and project properly.

Edgar Reynaldo

I'm still working on my entry. Want to have something to present.

Thread #617649. Printed from Allegro.cc