Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » This Place Just Doesn't Die

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
This Place Just Doesn't Die
MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Do you want to be last in command instead?

Sure, why not. We can have a vote on that.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Sure, why not. We can have a vote on that.

All in favor of making Gideon last in command say "aye". Conversely, all in favor of making MiquelFire last in command say "shimi shumi peedee leedee".

If the two of you receive equal votes, you'll have to battle to the death for the rank of last.

;D

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Aye-Aye!

I cannot credit Allegro with my career as a programmer. I found Allegro after meeting Sam in college, but I can credit allegro.cc with making me a better programmer (and better person).

Gideon should become the official Boob Inspector.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Super old school user saying what's up.

I credit allegro and this site for my career as a dev.

Hey Mike! Glad to see you make an appearance. Love your Youtube channel, great videos there.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

The news page is. Wait for it. Nearly a year old now.

I see some still skip my posts. :P

Darío B.
Member #16,705
July 2017

I credit allegro and this site for my career as a dev.

Pretty much the same here. Found this site as soon as I figured it was a good time to start learning C on my own.

Some insight by a fellow moderator from Argentina into how good the career's pay was at the time might've helped. ;D It didn't turn out to be that good but it sure beats doing other routinary jobs at the moment for me.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Teasing aside, I think it is more accurate to say this place has died, we just refuse to leave. :P

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Aye!

bamccaig said:

Gideon should become the official Boob Inspector.

This would be a way better job if you didn't keep scaring off all the women.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

This would be a way better job if you didn't keep scaring off all the women.

What makes you think he was referring to women? ;D

---

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I didn't have boobs until I got a girlfriend/finacée. :D

After 2 years of a live-in wimmins insisting on food on a daily basis I started gaining weight and now my boobs are just about cup-able. :'(

On the other hand, it comes in handy when she's not in the mood. >:(

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

{"name":"The-more-you-know.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/0\/2059699b43d1b146992da027d3aa5e0e.png","w":1280,"h":931,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/0\/2059699b43d1b146992da027d3aa5e0e"}The-more-you-know.png

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

bamccaig; L.O.L.

The trick I learned after 32 years of marriage is to keep HER well fed so that her boobs remain larger than yours! ;)

---

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

bamccaig said:

After 2 years of a live-in wimmins insisting on food on a daily basis I started gaining weight and now my boobs are just about cup-able. :'(

I've been told that in some cultures that huge moobs are a sign of great wealth and prosperity.

Some day I will visit one of these cultures and be a veritable god to them. 8-)

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I think in many of societies (particularly where poverty is a regular thing) fat storage is seen as wealthy and therefore attractive. I've heard of some native tribes in Africa or Asia where fat girls are more attractive than skinny girls so families invest everything they have in fattening their "coming of age" daughters to be married off. They literally gorge themselves on every bit of food they can get to try to secure themselves a husband. It's interesting.

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

bamccaig said:

I think in many of societies (particularly where poverty is a regular thing) fat storage is seen as wealthy and therefore attractive. I've heard of some native tribes in Africa or Asia where fat girls are more attractive than skinny girls so families invest everything they have in fattening their "coming of age" daughters to be married off. They literally gorge themselves on every bit of food they can get to try to secure themselves a husband. It's interesting.

I read about it in a National Geographics magazine probably 20 years ago so I'm hazy on the details... but I believe it was a tribal thing on an isolated island that has largely been ignored by civilization.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I think I'm starting to understand why other countries think we're all rich here. ;)

---

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

{"name":"0e6c13643b0028bf94f9857a99ca964f.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/5\/a532461c17bee94875dab1c168e6bf93.jpg","w":399,"h":570,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/5\/a532461c17bee94875dab1c168e6bf93"}0e6c13643b0028bf94f9857a99ca964f.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

Hello!

-------------
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

technically it was Goodbytes

Wow, that takes me back - he was fun :) Tell him hi from me if you're still in touch :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

{"name":"a532461c17bee94875dab1c168e6bf93.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/5\/a532461c17bee94875dab1c168e6bf93.jpg","w":399,"h":570,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/5\/a532461c17bee94875dab1c168e6bf93"}a532461c17bee94875dab1c168e6bf93.jpg

To be fair, there is an obvious difference between male and female breasts. To assert that they're equally innocent is an obvious misrepresentation of the truth or ignorance. I wouldn't mind topless women running around everywhere, but I probably wouldn't get as much work done.

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

While we're on the subject... Am I alone in thinking that breasts have lost much of their allure? There was a time when seeing a woman's breasts was rare and exciting, but doing so now is nearly mundane, what with all the boobs on television. On shows such as Game of Thrones, Orange Is the New Black, and Deadwood, seeing the breasts of women is a frequent occurrence. When I see a pair now, I think "yeah, been there, done that". If you've seen one pair, you've seen 'em all. The breasts of younger women is still a pleasant sight, but boobs in general are disappointingly boring now. :(

I guess I should clarify that I still do enjoy boobs, but not as much as I once did. That has rung true for many aspects of my life in recent years though... loss of interest in many things that once brought me joy. Guess I'm just in a general downswing right now. :-/

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Funny you should post that pic as we just had some sort of topless march in my city. Which was a totally useless march as my city made it legal for women to be topless in public years ago. I'm still waiting to see all the topless females, not one yet. It's a case of complaining about a nonexistent problem. I have seen a few topless males I wish would cover up though! ;)

While we're on the subject... Am I alone in thinking that breasts have lost much of their allure?

Yes. Totally alone. ;D

Speaking of which, here's a bible verse I am sure even the atheists can appreciate. ;)

Proverbs 5:18-19 (NIV)
May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer—may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be intoxicated with her love.

---

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

{"name":"sure-is-a-bumpy-road_c_1057242.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/f\/ff8d837f9516ba98baaa768627002f80.jpg","w":500,"h":387,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/f\/f\/ff8d837f9516ba98baaa768627002f80"}sure-is-a-bumpy-road_c_1057242.jpg

Boobies <3

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Go to: