This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
PayPal
furinkan
Member #10,271
October 2008

Bruce Pascoe
Member #15,931
April 2015

It says it was settled out of court. Debatable whether that can be considered "getting what they deserve".

I actually knew nothing about this, although I don't use PayPal so...

furinkan
Member #10,271
October 2008

Whenever clients talk about online payments they immediately ask about having PayPal on their site. I usually take this opportunity to "educate" them on just what PayPal likes to do with their customers' money. ;D

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

PayPal is outdated. Kudos for educating customers. I hope they take it well.

furinkan
Member #10,271
October 2008

@Gideon: That is actually the primary reason. There are much better APIs out there with much better features. I have had problems with PayPal processing things in the past, and I don't wanna deal with it.

Same thing with WordPress. I really don't wanna deal with it.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Interesting read. They are only giving $2000.00 to the plaintiffs though. I avoid Paypal, I heard they have been broken into more than once.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

When you can use Amazon or Google payments... it's like why would anyone even use Paypal? "It comes with eBay!" Yep. And the site looks like it did in 1997 and has almost no used items at all--nothing but cheap Chinese knockoffs.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

This thread reminded me to update this one - thank you :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

pkrcel
Member #14,001
February 2012

When you can use Amazon or Google payments... it's like why would anyone even use Paypal? "It comes with eBay!" Yep. And the site looks like it did in 1997 and has almost no used items at all--nothing but cheap Chinese knockoffs.

I concur totally about Ebay, it's simply an horrible black hole, ESPECIALLY when there's Amazon out there...I mean, seriosuly!

But I still HAVE to use Paypal a lot, it's basically the go-to paysurface EVERYWHERE....can't say I had any problem with that so far....but I admit VIABLE alterantives would be more than welcome.

It is unlikely that Google shares your distaste for capitalism. - Derezo
If one had the eternity of time, one would do things later. - Johan Halmén

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

Paranoid site admin much?

{"name":"610068","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/b\/bbb3cf7841ef0044eb0fa98f19599926.png","w":853,"h":709,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/b\/bbb3cf7841ef0044eb0fa98f19599926"}610068

You don't deserve my sig.

Go to: