PayPal
furinkan

http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/open-lawsuit-settlements/306260-paypal-account-hold-class-action-settlement/

So this happened. Glad they finally got what they deserve.

EDIT:

3.2 million seems a little low, though.

Bruce Pascoe

It says it was settled out of court. Debatable whether that can be considered "getting what they deserve".

I actually knew nothing about this, although I don't use PayPal so...

furinkan

Whenever clients talk about online payments they immediately ask about having PayPal on their site. I usually take this opportunity to "educate" them on just what PayPal likes to do with their customers' money. ;D

Gideon Weems

PayPal is outdated. Kudos for educating customers. I hope they take it well.

furinkan

@Gideon: That is actually the primary reason. There are much better APIs out there with much better features. I have had problems with PayPal processing things in the past, and I don't wanna deal with it.

Same thing with WordPress. I really don't wanna deal with it.

Bob Keane

Interesting read. They are only giving $2000.00 to the plaintiffs though. I avoid Paypal, I heard they have been broken into more than once.

Chris Katko

When you can use Amazon or Google payments... it's like why would anyone even use Paypal? "It comes with eBay!" Yep. And the site looks like it did in 1997 and has almost no used items at all--nothing but cheap Chinese knockoffs.

Bruce Perry

This thread reminded me to update this one - thank you :)

pkrcel

When you can use Amazon or Google payments... it's like why would anyone even use Paypal? "It comes with eBay!" Yep. And the site looks like it did in 1997 and has almost no used items at all--nothing but cheap Chinese knockoffs.

I concur totally about Ebay, it's simply an horrible black hole, ESPECIALLY when there's Amazon out there...I mean, seriosuly!

But I still HAVE to use Paypal a lot, it's basically the go-to paysurface EVERYWHERE....can't say I had any problem with that so far....but I admit VIABLE alterantives would be more than welcome.

jhuuskon

Paranoid site admin much?

{"name":"610068","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/b\/bbb3cf7841ef0044eb0fa98f19599926.png","w":853,"h":709,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/b\/bbb3cf7841ef0044eb0fa98f19599926"}610068

Thread #615995. Printed from Allegro.cc