dthompson
Member #5,749
April 2005

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44368813

Microsoft prepping the new GitHub data centre here

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

That's an interesting idea and possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen Microsoft attempt.

Geez, all you guys do anymore is talk about games.

Better than politics.

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Geez, all you guys do anymore is talk about games. Do you ever wonder how many hours of your life you've spent playing video games?

You could say that about anything. Who cares? Life is finite. You might as well enjoy it.

Edit:
Did you guys hear about Apple deprecating OpenGL in macOS 10.14? They'd rather you use Metal, but I don't really see anyone using Metal by choice. ::)

Double edit:
They've done the same for OpenGL ES in iOS 12.

Triple edit:
Out of curiosity, I listed all of the games I've ever played/owned and came up with 259. :o There's probably more, but here's what I could remember:

1001 Spikes
Absolute Drift
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition
Alan Wake
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Alpha Protocol
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Animal Crossing
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Arcade Game Series: Dig Dug
Arcade Game Series: Galaga
Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD
Assassin's Creed: Rogue
Assassins' Creed
Assassins' Creed Chronicles: China
Assassins' Creed Chronicles: India
Assassins' Creed Chronicles: Russia
Assassins' Creed II
Assassins' Creed: Brotherhood
Attractio
Bayonetta
Beyond Good and Evil
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Binary Domain
BioShock
BioShock Remastered
Broken Age
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Cave Story (WiiWare)
Cave Story+
Company of Heroes
Company of heroes: Legacy Edition
Crusader Kings II
Crystal Picnic
Darwin's Dinner Prototype
Deep Dungeons of Doom
DiRT 3 Complete Edition
DiRT Showdown
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
DOOM
Duke Nukem Forever
ENSLAVED: Oddyssey to the West Premium Edition
Environmental Station Alpha
Epic Battle Fantasy 4
Fallout
Fallout 3
Fallout 4
Fallout: New Vegas
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Far Cry 4
Far Cry Primal
FlatOut 2
Ford Racing 3
Galactic Civilization II: Ultimate Edition
Grow Home
Grow Up
GT Legends
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Hacknet
HTR+ Slot Car Simulation
Human: Fall Flat
I Have No Idea What I'm Doing Prototype
Insane 2
Juicy Realm
Kero Blaster
KHOLAT
Kiln Prototype
Kirby Air Ride
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
L.A. Noire
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
LIMBO
Luigi's Mansion
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Lumino City
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Mario Kart 64
Mario Kart 7
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart DS
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario Party DS
Metro 2033
Metroid
Metroid Fusion
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Metroid Prime Hunters
Metroid Prime Pinball
Metroid Prime: Trilogy
Metroid: Other M
Metroid: Samus Returns
Monster RPG
Monster RPG 2
Monster RPG 3
Monster Truck Destruction
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst
New Play Control! Pikmin
New Play Control! Pikmin 2
New Super Mario Bros.
New Super Mario Bros. 2
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Nintendo Land
No Time to Explain Remastered
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
Old School RuneScape
OutDrive
PAC-MAN 256
Pac-Man World 2
Pac-Man World 3
PAC-MAN: Championship Edition 2
Paper Mario
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Payday 2
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Pikmin 3
Pony Island
Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Project CARS
Psychonauts
Rayman Origins
Renegade Ops
Resident Evil: Revelations
Retro Game Crunch
RuneScape 3
RuneScape Classic
Rust
Saints Row 2
Savage Lands
SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics
Shadow the Hedgehog
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut
Shelter 2
Snakebird
Snowpack Park
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing
Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Sonic CD
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Sonic Generations
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Lost World
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II
Space Engineers
Spec Ops: The Line
Spore
Sproggiwood
Star Wars Bounty Hunter
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Stardew Valley
Starpoint Gemini 2
Super Hexagon
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario 64 DS
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario World
Super Meat Boy
Super Metroid
Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Switch Galaxy Ultra
Tharsis
The Count Lucanor
The Crew
The Darkness II
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Flame in the Flood
The Gods Must Be Hungry Prototype
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda II: Adventure of Link
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
The Next Penelope
The Witness
Titan Souls
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Tomb Raider
Totally Accurate Battlegrounds
Tower of Guns
Tropico 4
Unreal Gold
Vangers
Viking: Battle for Asgard
VVVVVV
Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade
Wario World
Wasteland 1: The Original Classic
Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
Watch Dogs
Watch Dogs 2
Wii Music
Wii Sports
World in Conflict
World of Goo
X-COM: UFO Defense
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi's Woolly World
Zero Gear
ZombiU
どうぶつの森e+
ホームランド

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Geez, all you guys do anymore is talk about games. Do you ever wonder how many hours of your life you've spent playing video games? Do you think maybe one day you'll look back and regret all the other things you could have been doing instead? Personally I hardly play video games at all anymore. Certainly not any consoles. Not much for PC gaming either, as everything is online. I don't watch TV either. So I guess I'm just hoping that all the time I've invested in programming will pay off in the form of an income.

I already make an income for programming. ::) Creating business reports isn't what I consider "fun".

I've been about games and movies since I was a kid. (omg, rly?) Analyzing them. The world has been 95+% charted already. But the world of KNOWLEDGE still has room for exploration. You can be a pioneer of research, getting a Ph.D. (or simply finding some other untapped research that doesn't require that annoying buerocratic barrier-to-entry). But you can also explore the realm of "what if." Entertainment allows you to both seek new experiences, but also convey those experiences to other people.

So yeah, why wouldn't I be interesting in that? I don't spend all day, every day, with games. But I'm always looking for unique ones. Ones that there aren't a dozen sequels and equivalent games. (Hell, in this very thread we talked about it pages ago.) I was talking about how Unreal isn't very unique compared to the dozens/hundreds of games that came after it. If you want an FPS game with vehicles (*Unreal doesn't have it but stay with me), there are tons. If you want an FPS game with sniper rifles, there are tons. But what about games that are more than the sum-of-their-parts? Something that hasn't been replicated successfully (or even attempted) before, or afterward?

System Shock 2 is a unique experience that no game has ever captured before or after. (some say Prey is a spiritual successor, but it's got no RPG. And Bioshock was beautiful game with a crap, hollow, empty 'shoot the badguy, follow the arrow' gameplay. It also has literally, stolen, the exact same plot-twist from SS2.) I'd recommend anyone play it.

Thief 1 and 2 (although really showing their age nowadays in user-controls) are "the" best sneaking "I feel like a Thief" games ever made. I've never found a better replacement and I've looked. Dishonored is not Thief--no matter what anyone tells you. In Thief you can (and do) literally rob Barron's houses of their gold.. and keep that gold to buy new tools. In Dishonored, there is no stealing at all.

Dishonored is actually a really polished, good experience though. It was made by the art director of Half-Life 2 and there are plenty of areas that are straight from HL2, except they look BEAUTIFUL in the newer engine. The game's combat is way more fun than HL2, and the story and characters are way more engrossing. You really FEEL the anger that flows from your revenge, for them stealing your daughter. I've noticed that Dishonored really is Half-Life, with swords and magic instead of gravity guns.

(Disclaimer: Half-Life 2 episode 1 and 2 are GREAT. But Half-Life 2, which came before them, is... a long game with many boring sections and 1-dimensional characters. They fix that in the sequels!)

Another fun thing: Half-Life 2 is basically... Jurassic Park: Trespasser without the dinosaurs. (Physics-based puzzles.) Except where Trespasser completely failed to accomplish what it set out to do (Fun fact: 4+ of the Through-The-Looking-Glass Developers worked on Trespasser, makers of Thief), Half-Life 2, with later technology, succeeded. (In Trespasser, you could literally move your hand around and interact with the outside world. Turn your individual joints in your arm. Pick up boxes, push physical buttons on a keypad.)

[edit] Also, I play plenty of games with friends and my wife. Time spent playing with your friends isn't wasted.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Personally I hardly play video games at all anymore.

Quote:

I don't watch TV either. So I guess I'm just hoping that all the time I've invested in programming will pay off in the form of an income.

Wow, we're a lot alike! Strange. I inform people when games become free, and grab them myself just in case. But I stopped buying games years ago as I realized I was building up a large collection of games I never play. I still have some I bought in boxes which I have never run even once. The interest has been sucked out of me.

I certainly rarely watch TV anymore as the content either doesn't interest me or is annoying in ways I won't get into here.

Even programming is something I rarely do. I started a few projects but the interest seems to have left me.

I wanted to get out more this year, more walks which I enjoy but when I get into the mood to, suddenly the weather turns cloudy and cold. <shrug>

I do still enjoy studying my Bible. And I watched a Bible movie, the newer version of Samson which was quite nice. I then read the Biblical story and the movie seemed to match up fairly well. So that was refreshing.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I feel the same way about video games I do about most things take for example sports. I would much rather be playing than watching, and I can't understand how people spend their whole lives being 'fans' and devoting tons of time to some spoiled jocks who could care less about you. I would much rather be creating video games than playing them.

@Neil
I may be pre-diabetic. I'm faced with a similar choice that you and your brother had. I'm still waiting on some blood tests though, so no decisions or diagnosis yet.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I may be pre-diabetic. I'm faced with a similar choice that you and your brother had. I'm still waiting on some blood tests though, so no decisions or diagnosis yet.

The best advice I can give from a spiritual standpoint is to pray about it, a lot and know that you will be healed. It's what I done.

From a medical standpoint, from all my research the solution is simpler than it seems, cut out all sugar for a while so your body can get back to normal. Diabetes is not a disease, but rather a condition which comes from too much sugar. Remember GPS: cut out Grains, Potatoes (all root veggies due to their high starch which is converted to sugar) and of course Sugar. Read the labels and remember that 4G of sugar equals 1 tsp. I checked a chocolate milk box and it had 28G of sugar PER CUP, that's SEVEN TEASPOONS of sugar PER 1 CUP!!! That's insane! Cut out all soda etc... and learn to like water.

Sugar has a similar effect on your system as cocaine, so give it a few weeks to get over withdrawl and you will start to find you can't stand that much of it anymore. After a couple months of little to no sugar, you can drink some again, but only as a RARE treat. I still have the odd pop, the odd chocolate. But it is more rare now. If I do drink any pop, I will not have any for a few days and only drink the odd coffee and mostly ice water (which I now love). I will also have herbal tea with honey. Honey is a sweetener that is actually good for you.

Watch out for the medications the doctors will try and push on you. Especially statins (in Canada, that is usually Lipitor) as they have been found to make diabetes WORSE (actually cause it) and they have no benefit at all... they will actually weaken your legs and give them cramps (my brother was crawling up the stairs before he died, he trusted the doctors too much).

Don't worry about it though, you can easily beat it.

video

video

---

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Thanks for the videos, Neil. Both very interesting to watch. I've come to the same conclusion from various sources. Sugar/carbohydrate is the real problem. I try to avoid consuming carbs whenever I can. I still consume a lot of them, but I don't go out of my way to consume even more. I turn down sweet/sugary drinks, additives, desserts, etc. I think my carbs mostly come from beer and either rice or potatoes. Though there's probably also a lot of carbohydrates in processed foods that I eat like canned soup, instant noodles, chips, hot dogs, bacon, and in general restaurant food or sodas. It's very interesting that the second video equates fructose with ethanol. Naturally the biochemical descriptions went well over my head, but the gist seems that fructose is generally as toxic and harmful as alcohol, yet it's unregulated.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

You should check my Let's Play videos. I think I start every single one with a Mountain Dew. ;D

video

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIf0HNpRa7dC6Eri2345SEMc3WCjY0L4I

Sad thing is, I'm not even a huge fan of Mountain Dew. But my body has literally become allergic... to every single food. Even raw, starter ones, like corn, or rice, or wheat (RIP delicious gluten). Every joint in my body inflames (including, extra unfortunately, my back and the metal in the back). Yet, Mountain Dew is sugar liquid, and unlike every other soda (perhaps allergic to the coloring dyes in darker sodas like coke), I'm the least affected by it. (Though still am.) It's an incredible feeling to know every food is literally... poison... and then have to fight your subconscious impulse to eat food. The longer you go, the more and more your brain will tell you "Maybe food X won't be as bad... maybe THIS time it'll be different or you just forgot." Nope. It's an interesting portrat into being addicted. Except, it's food, so you're supposed to be addicted (in a sense).

So while I know I need to cut out soda, it's like... when you've had two back surgeries before 30, and spend most of your days in agony even with heavy medicine... soda (a little vice) is least of my problems.

Then again, I may have teeth problems in the future due to genetics. So again, I should cut the soda out before I have yet another problem to deal with. >:( And the USA is run by the Devil (no, not talking Trump), so even with my professional degree working a job, I don't have dental. Because AMMERRRIICCAAAAA loves to !@$!@ people, and the more I grow up the more I realize there's zero excuse except corruption for the way our medical system exists.

Bimodal has become the perfect word to describe America. Which one are you in?

{"name":"salaries.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/3\/c37128f570cff6cb3198164b881815af.gif","w":572,"h":439,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/3\/c37128f570cff6cb3198164b881815af"}salaries.gif

Huge tangent, but it really does explain many aspects of America. How people say "whites control everything." But it's not "whites". It's "rich whites." And "rich whites" have nothing to do with "poor whites" or "middle-class whites". The richest 1% happen to be white but to then say the poorest whites are "Controlling everyone with their privilege" is a !@$!ing slap to the face and pure racism.

video

"Look what you did to us!" "Dude, do you think I'd do all that !@$! to you... and then move in right next door to you?"

This shows it pretty well too:

{"name":"Piketty-Saez-Zucman-2016-1980-vs-2014.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/c\/bc54d47f728afac398dc99e1c7d04cc1.png","w":1810,"h":1156,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/b\/c\/bc54d47f728afac398dc99e1c7d04cc1"}Piketty-Saez-Zucman-2016-1980-vs-2014.png

The richer you are, the FAR richer you've become. While everyone else is sitting in their respective wage buckets. $150K people live 150K lives and think America is like that for everyone. $30K/yr people like $30K/yr lives and think America is like that for everyone. Basically "both are right." when they say America is the best, and worst country, because they're both living in completely separate worlds even though they share the same roads. Great medicine exists for rich people. And TERRIBLE medicine exists for poor people. In the same country.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

It might help to look at median earnings by race...

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/wkyeng.t03.htm ($950/week for whites compare dto $725/week for blacks; a relative difference of 23%).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_groups_in_the_United_States_by_household_income ($61,000 year for whites compared to $39,000 year; a 36% relative difference).

Yes, race is an issue used to divide the proles who would otherwise work together (e.g., labor movements), and yes, poor whites and poor blacks have more in common than not, but you can't address income equality and not racial inequality. A poor racist white is no friend to the poor black (and vice versa if you must).

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Racism... <sigh> no offence but I get tired of being referred to by my skin colour. I prefer to judge someone based on the quality of their character.

I liked what Morgan Freeman said: "Put your mind to do something and do it, what's race got to do with it? It's a bigger issue than it needs to be. Stop talking about it."

video

---

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I'm sure when black job seekers are looked over because of their names; they are pulled over more frequently for no other reason than the color of their skin; they are given harsher punishments for the same crimes as whites; and so on, that they, too, would prefer to be judged by their character, not their skin color.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I think that the NDP party of Ontario (there's a provincial election today) is proposing public dental coverage this term. On the one hand, that's interesting. I don't oppose it. On the other hand, the previous government has already raised a lot of red flags with wasted money and debt so I think it'll be met with a lot of hostility. Especially in light of how poorly our public health care system has worked so far in Canada. You can probably trace it all back to corruption though.

The liberal party of Ontario is pretty much despised by all right now. They really screwed the pooch (their federal brethren are also doing a good job of fucking us royally). But that means only bad things for Ontario because there are only two other big parties people will vote for: the Progressive Conservatives, who we all know to be at least as corrupt and incompetent from the previous federal government; and the New Democratic Party (NDP), who seem like the lesser of evils, but that's probably only because they haven't been in power for a while. And the NDP apparently supported a lot of the Liberal actions during the last term so that either implies they'll be just as bad, if not worse; or at least makes it unlikely that Ontario will give them enough seats to be in power. Probably the best case scenario that is practical is the PC and NDP parties being nearly equal in seats so they have to work together to get anything done.

I'm probably going to vote Green Party of Ontario just because they seem a little bit less corrupt (having never been in power) and a lot of their ideas are interesting. We'll never know if they're actually good for us until they are given a chance to prove it. So far, the federal Green Party has done good things though which gives a lot of hope. But they too have never really had any true power to be corrupted from.

My alternative option is a strategic vote for NDP. Not the party I want, but the lesser of evils of who will likely win in my riding. But there's no guarantee that they're actually the lesser of evils.. And unlike the federal election there doesn't appear to be any strategic group planning to ensure we get a particular person, and if I vote NDP and they don't even win I'll have missed the opportunity to support Green.. :(

My motorcycle chapter sends out a monthly newsletter, and in this month's issue there was a little article about how many taxes have been introduced in the last century. How 150 years ago we were strong and prosperous, and the wives didn't even have to go to work. It listed probably 30 or 40 things that started being taxed, and it wasn't a complete list. It certainly is food for thought.

I'm not opposed to taxes. I think they can be good. There are very wonderful nations in the world with high taxes, and their residents seem happy about how things are being handled overall (at least by comparison to some other countries). I am opposed to taxes from corrupt or incompetent governments though. If they're going to mismanage the money or fail to regulate the sector then they might as well just let us keep our money and struggle to get by on our own. If on the other hand they can improve our lives and everybody wins then I'm all for it. I think most governments in Canada (and the US) seem to lean more towards the former unfortunately..

I wonder when enough will be enough to put an end to the obvious corruption of our governments?

Chris, are you able to drink beer (bit more expensive, but a whole lot more awesome)? :( Is there any opportunity for using medicinal marijuana or something like that? :-/

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

bamccaig said:

medicinal marijuana

I would love to try, but the federal and state laws are basically designed to bang you in the butthole if you ever fail a drug test by trying something not prescribed to you. Only THEY may be the harbringers of pain relief, so saith, Lord government--praise be to Him.

So I have to move to a state with legal medical marijuana first. Because you know, that's easy for someone who's raked with health problems and medical debt. Just move. Away from your friends and family and support system. Oh, btw, here's some opiods.

Monsters.

I have ordered CBD from hemp this week. Supposedly, it has the anti-inflammatory properties of marijuana, but it's not marijuana (THC), and it's legal. So while it's expensive, it's worth a shot. Because I've been going to doctors for SIX YEARS every month and it's been pure hell with no solution in sight. (an diagnosed inflammation / allergic disorder)

-----sig:

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

And the BLUE WAVE has swept the Liberals out to sea! CONSERVATIVE MAJORITY in Ontario! Woohoo! Just need to kick the Federal liberals to the curb next year and my prayers will been answered. This is a nice step forward though, and what a change! Sadly, my riding turned NDP, but my conscious is clear. I didn't put them in; not into socialists. :)

---

dthompson
Member #5,749
April 2005

Gideon Weems said:

Geez, all you guys do anymore is talk about games.

Better than politics.

It's easy to divinate on Allegro.cc. :P

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Rodolfo Lam
Member #16,045
August 2015

So lets assume Microsoft does something really bad to Github... Would that mean that liballeg.org as well as the repo will be moving again from provider?

BTW Hello everyone how is everything going on these days?

dthompson
Member #5,749
April 2005

We could quite easily deploy to Netlify instead if need be. They also provide reliable, free static hosting (in my experience)

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I think that the basic Git functionality will remain stable and trusted. It's only the extended features like issue tracking, Web hosting, and wiki that Microsoft will screw up.

And maybe they'll start charging for more features. They'd probably buy you before stealing private code because they can. But still, really unique ideas might want to steer clear.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I'm dying laughing here...

video

---

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

So, about Matthew not keeping the SSL cert updated?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Yeah...

I imagine he'd fix it if someone contacts him through e-mail or whatever. He just doesn't check A.CC.

-----sig:

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I played this video late last night and my wife started laughing from the bedroom where she WAS sleeping. :)

video

For years I never really knew the German words he was using in this. I only just recently used online translators to understand what this song is about. :)

Edit: Found a version with more English in it. ;)

---

Go to: