Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Edgar: It's okay man! Let it go. I see your point, and Neil was being way more abrasive than necessary. I don't know if it's alcohol, or he just gets in a mean mood. But he's doing it more lately. :/

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

No idea why Christmas makes so many people butthurt.

It doesn't, it was a joke, you know, I don't celebrate it, but I don't care if you do, so my natural response to "Merry Christmas" was to post a picture of a humbug... does anyone else here see the humour in that besides me?

dgar: It's okay man! Let it go. I see your point, and Neil was being way more abrasive than necessary. I don't know if it's alcohol, or he just gets in a mean mood. But he's doing it more lately. :/

Yes, it's all Neil's fault as usual. I posted a picture... bad Neil... bad Neil!!! I didn't realize that I wasn't permitted to have an opinion, not even if meant as humour. I was attacked, I wasn't attacking. Then I was falsely accused of pushing my beliefs on people, when all I did was posted a picture. So yeah, I get angry when falsely accused, especially when I was just joking.

Oh, and no, it was not "alchohol", it was someone falsely accusing me and lying about me. That gets me angry EVERY TIME. But... it's my fault for posting in here I guess. I'll cut back on my involvement in these forums if need be. I don't need to be attacked every time I post a PICTURE!

If you want to get technical, every time you say "Merry Christmas" you're "pushing your beliefs" onto me. But I honestly don't see it that way, you say Merry Xmas, I post a humbug pic and say NOTHING MORE ABOUT IT... someone is supposed to get it and laugh, not flip out on me.

But anyhow, tough shit. It worked "Edgar" (ask him his real name), you stirred up shit over a picture... yet again.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

While I can understand how Edgard feels in the matter, I really do not think Neil was trying to stir shit up at all. Neil has a less conservative sense of humor which is perfectly fine. I think as long as it's clearly not personally directed, whether it is your type of humor or not, offense shouldn't be taken. Quoting /r/jokes:
{"name":"611174","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/8\/c8d3010d2decc4c3dd15bc91d968418e.jpg","w":596,"h":819,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/8\/c8d3010d2decc4c3dd15bc91d968418e"}611174

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Neil Roy said:

It doesn't, it was a joke, you know, I don't celebrate it, but I don't care if you do, so my natural response to "Merry Christmas" was to post a picture of a humbug... does anyone else here see the humour in that besides me?
Chris Katko said:

Edgar: It's okay man! Let it go. I see your point, and Neil was being way more abrasive than necessary. I don't know if it's alcohol, or he just gets in a mean mood. But he's doing it more lately. :/

Yes, it's all Neil's fault as usual. I posted a picture... bad Neil... bad Neil!!! I didn't realize that I wasn't permitted to have an opinion, not even if meant as humour. I was attacked, I wasn't attacking. Then I was falsely accused of pushing my beliefs on people, when all I did was posted a picture. So yeah, I get angry when falsely accused, especially when I was just joking.

Oh, and no, it was not "alchohol", it was someone falsely accusing me and lying about me. That gets me angry EVERY TIME. But... it's my fault for posting in here I guess. I'll cut back on my involvement in these forums if need be. I don't need to be attacked every time I post a PICTURE!

If you want to get technical, every time you say "Merry Christmas" you're "pushing your beliefs" onto me. But I honestly don't see it that way, you say Merry Xmas, I post a humbug pic and say NOTHING MORE ABOUT IT... someone is supposed to get it and laugh, not flip out on me.

But anyhow, tough . It worked "Edgar" (ask him his real name), you stirred up over a picture... yet again.

Deep sigh. You have a persecution complex. I wasn't falsely accusing you of anything. When someone posts "Merry Christmas" and they're met with someone making light of it, whether it was a joke or not, and you deliberately ignore their question and then make an accusation regarding my mental instability, I tend to get how shall we say, "irritable"? When someone else posts "Happy Hanukkah", I don't post pictures of the Holocaust. When someone comes out of Ash Wednesday, I don't say, jeez, it must be hard resisting ol Satan for 40 whole days? I don't dis Mardi Gras, I don't dis on Dia de la Muerte (even though I think it's totally misguided and wrong). I don't tell people not to celebrate Halloween, or Sowen (sic), whatever. So when other people try to hush me into saying I can't say Merry Freakin Christmas I get a little annoyed.

It's like the people that want to take the Pledge of Allegiance out of our schools, the single remaining reference to God.

Humbug. I get it. Be scrooge if you want. You could have saved a lot of trouble if you had just answered my question. That's not why I'm peeved. That thread perverting St. Nicholas (Santa) with homosexuality and depravity is what really ticked me off, but I didn't say anything. There's just no respect for God or anything decent around here. Small wonder allegro is dying.

And no, Edgar is not my real name. Funny that I trusted you enough to share it with you. Several people on IRC know me by my real names, but Edgar is my programming alias. If you don't like it, you can always call me "The Doctor", or if we're on IRC I go by Modulo5k. I have my own reasons for my psuedonym, but I assure you I'm quite real.

And btw, I wasn't trying to 'stir shit up' I'm merely tired of offensive crap being posted on the forum I frequent.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

video

"I was just thinking that maybe everyone should CoooOoooOooooOOooooolllll out!"

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Honestly, Neil's picture was mildly amusing, and not in the least bit offensive. Edgar overreacted big time. I would be more than happy to support offensive humor, but I haven't even seen any. Don't get me started. >:(

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Felix-The-Ghost
Member #9,729
April 2008

Happy New Year everyone

==========================
<--- The ghost with the most!
---------------------------
[Website] [Youtube]

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Quote:

Happy New Year everyone

Happy New Year! :D

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Happy... new... year?

-----sig:

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

Maybe we should introduce a safe space around here...
A place to cool down irritation and bad feelings of being attacked? A place where we could all peacefully hug our teddies? :P

Happy new year everyone!

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I thought this was the safe space!!!

Also, LMFAO, I just got banned from Hacker News for posting too many contrarian posts that were sourced. San Fransisco doesn't like science when the science goes against their dogma. ;D

-----sig:

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

So what's everyone's new year resolutions? As always, mine's to abstain from heroin. Perfect track record so far. 8-)

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I don't make resolutions (or celebrate new years <starts new argument>), but if I did it would be to post fewer images in this thread. 8-)

So I'll do one last image before the "new year" ;)

{"name":"611177","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/7\/27fa92588e5a85e24fb2917453af7d09.jpg","w":480,"h":360,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/7\/27fa92588e5a85e24fb2917453af7d09"}611177

---

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Happy New Year! :D

{"name":"611179","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/f\/9f27f2f945d42cb236eae2c90a570a57.jpg","w":480,"h":360,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/f\/9f27f2f945d42cb236eae2c90a570a57"}611179

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

"Mein Fuhrer Donald Trump" sounds like a comedy. ;D I'd watch it.

So I saw Star Wars: The Last Jedi this afternoon... kind of gross seeing older Leia in a golden bikini again. :-X

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

He's literally petting the flag. It's disgusting. '(

The Last Jedi

So many things wrong with this movie.

LucasFilm + Disney = disaster

Who convinced Stephen Spielberg to turn this into a kids movie? With a knee-jerk plot, and wave after wave of disaster turned into daring plans of action?

They killed off every character worth knowing in IV, V, and VI, to give the hands of the free universe over into the hands of children like Finn and Rey and Kylo. It's total BS. This is movie VIII? By the time they're done they're gonna end up doing a X, XI, XII with Kylo and Rey's love children. :P :P :P

"I see conflict in you" - I can save you Kylo! I'm in love with the dark side!

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

{"name":"611180","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/8\/28cd3e670e1e055bfec5611b6e8ec572.jpg","w":620,"h":616,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/8\/28cd3e670e1e055bfec5611b6e8ec572"}611180

;D

---

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

I thought your last picture would be the last one for the year, Neil... now another? :o

EDIT
@Edgar: I'll write a response regarding Star Wars a bit later. Gotta let it mull over for a bit in my head.

Also, why'd you remove me on Facebook, Neil?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Fakebook friends. What a shame.

Which part is a shame? The Facebook part or the friends part, or something else? :P

Maybe this isn't the appropriate place to discuss Facebook friendships. So Neil, if you'd like to talk, feel free to PM me. ;)

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I just don't think Facebook is the place to go if you want 'real' friendships. That's why I called it Fakebook, cause a lot of people are really just fake friends on there.

Neil said:

U Mad, Bro?

Yeah, I'm mad. Mad like a hatter. ;)
{"name":"611181","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/9\/2937e590f7979bda5e5b14ef5edc6e65.jpg","w":480,"h":720,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/9\/2937e590f7979bda5e5b14ef5edc6e65"}611181

Go to: