Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I would have thought two nice old ladies talking about the weather, then a guy going "It's cuz GLOBAL WARMMMIINNGNG gashghghingnggG" would have been a richard in that scenario...

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Blade Runner 2049 in four days, woohoo!

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I'm super hopeful it doesn't suck.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The Orville is amazing. Episode 3 is EXACTLY like one of the best TNG episodes. Episode 4 is pretty good but more predictable.

Thanks for reminding me about this! I was able to watch the first episode online last night. I was excited about this for two reasons: brand new "Star Trek" esque series that actually shows promise, and Seth MacFarlane behind it. The first episode was great, and I'm excited for more. I'm stuck watching the advertising on the stream so hopefully the network/show is getting funding from that because I want it to succeed and go on for many seasons.

VPN + location emulation in Chrome FTW.

Speaking of the journey to the airport, a lovely old lady at a bus stop said to another lovely old lady that it was sunny, wasn't it, and a tall, thin, confident guy with a slightly great big bushy goatee, short hair pointing upwards and sunglasses on top said it's because of global climate change, nice that people are finally noticing, and wrong that everyone is supporting all these f%&#ing governments. He was very keen to point out that he's a roofer (he was clearly very proud of this) and he noticed it too. I told him I didn't think we had a choice, did we, and asked what he would do? He paused and then told me, "To be honest, you seem a little camp, mate, to be having a conversation with me." It was a little threatening in the moment, but as soon as he was gone, it was hilarious. He definitely seemed a few tiles short of a roof to me. I've met bad roofers before too - what is it with roofers?!

I had to Google what "camp" means in British slang, but I'd have to agree. You do seem a little "camp". :P Though I'm not sure why that matters to have a conversation with you. ??? You should have just said you're a classical musician! :P

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

To be honest, you seem a little camp, mate, to be having a conversation with me.

Achievement unlocked: "Unabashed British Altercation"

Supposedly one of the world's smartest people worked as a bouncer for most of his career. That is either one notch below or above roofing, depending on who you ask. It behooves us to respect speakers and disregard irrelevant details. I agree that governments are atrocities.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

This so called "one of the smartest people in the world" apparently dropped out of college because he thought he was smarter than his professors, and worked most of his life doing menial jobs.. As you said, mostly being a bouncer. His great achievement is an obscurely worded description of the universe which believes is both physical and "mental". Basically, he believes he can prove God exists. Sounds like a fraud to me. It would be something if other demonstrably smart people thought he was really smart, but I haven't seen any evidence of this. Seems like more of a publicity stunt, or maybe a generally smart guy let it go to his head and stuck his head up his own ass. :P

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Turnip or radish? Which one's better?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

{"name":"frabz-False-45c2c2.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/3\/93fc9bb43e03a2ef2373bd339e0a83fd.jpg","w":600,"h":416,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/9\/3\/93fc9bb43e03a2ef2373bd339e0a83fd"}frabz-False-45c2c2.jpg

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

bamccaig said:

I had to Google what "camp" means in British slang, but I'd have to agree. You do seem a little "camp". :P

That wasn't a very nice thing to say, you know.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Clearly the answer is: Trump

-----sig:

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Who would win in a fight: Edgar Reynaldo or Chris Katko?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

That wasn't a very nice thing to say, you know.

I'm sorry. :-/ Well I didn't mean it in the insulting way. Just that the description that I read probably fits to a degree (and there's nothing wrong with that).

Forgive me? :-*

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Who would win in a fight: Edgar Reynaldo or Chris Katko?

I fight dirty.

-----sig:

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

I fight dirty.

I don't know, man. My money's on Edgar. ::)

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

All I know are killing techniques. :/ I refuse to fight.

It'll be a death match then.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Chris 'Deathwish' Katko reporting for duty.

Heh ... duty....

Actually, I don't recall anywhere where Edgar and I said anything against each other that might spark said fight. Is this just a random celebrity battle?

-----sig:

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Is this just a random celebrity battle?

Pretty much. :P

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Bump because I was going to post in this thread to keep it alive, but realized that my response is perhaps too much of a "spoiler" while also being too provocative to not expect a discussion after which might spoil the spoilers.. So I'll move that to its own thread, and just bump this one. >:(

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Guys, we totally missed this thread's 2 year anniversary on the 26th! No one even posted in this thread that day! >:(

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

jmasterx said:

Guys, we totally missed this thread's 2 year anniversary on the 26th! No one even posted in this thread that day! >:(

Do you know nothing about respect? We honored this thread's anniversary by having a day of silence. >:(

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Do you know nothing about respect? We honored this thread's anniversary by having a day of silence. >:(

You're missing the whole point of this thread. We will not be silenced. We will be heard! Our thread lock policies will be put in place! We will not be silenced by the almighty Dr. Leverton! We will have our voices heard. We will rise above and end this threading nightmare once and for all. We are the rebellion. We are the only hope for change in this forum. We will not be monitored and locked like a bunch of shared resources! >:(

#UnlockAllegro

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

You're missing the whole point of this thread. We will not be silenced. We will be heard! Our thread lock policies will be put in place! We will not be silenced by the almighty Dr. Leverton! We will have our voices heard. We will rise above and end this threading nightmare once and for all. We are the rebellion. We are the only hope for change in this forum. We will not be monitored and locked like a bunch of shared resources! >:(

#NoMoreLocks

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Go to: