Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

I'm on page 13, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

While viewed as one page, the source code for this thread is currently at 39425 lines.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

In a thousand years, scholars will read this thread as a transcript of society.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

The mascot of the Republican party is the Covfefant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

The mascot of my party is the Wanamingo.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Wanamingo

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Rodolfo Lam
Member #16,045
August 2015

I can't believe this post is still active... Talk about irony ;D

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

I want this thread's URL on my epitaph when I die... It'll probably live longer than I will. :P

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I doubt it. Could probably do some statistical analysis on how often it almost died and calculate the expected remaining lifetime from that :)

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I think as long as two people are around to post and keep track of things, it should live for a good while.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It's starting to look like Detroit around here. It's falling apart, there's nobody maintaining it, and most people have left. Those that remain love it, but also have nowhere else to go. :'( :D

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Elias said:

I doubt it. Could probably do some statistical analysis on how often it almost died and calculate the expected remaining lifetime from that :)

Maybe I'll die today though. :-/

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I wish this thread would go the way of the dodo like the wm thread in my program. >:(

But really, there's nothing you can do about it. This thread is going to live forever. Until the day allegro.cc closes its doors. Because someone is going to keep posting, like I just did, even though that just means it's going to live even longer. :P

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

bamccaig said:

It's starting to look like Detroit around here. It's falling apart, there's nobody maintaining it, and most people have left. Those that remain love it, but also have nowhere else to go.

Recently Detroit got some new light rail train along Woodward in it's Downtown area. So it's not completely bad yet.

For the Metro area, there was a proposal on some election (maybe the one that caused Trump... meh) and for some reason, people out right rejected expansion of that train system. Had it pass, it would have been able to cover the tri county area that people around here consider as part of Detroit to have a light rail system. But since it was rejected at the polls, the 3 miles that we have now is all we get (and it's been running for less than a month now BTW)

Stuff like this is why you kinda need to own a car around here.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I'm tired. A luck the week end is near >:(

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

Well, the thread has lived long enough for today's Brexit referendum anniversary!

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Boo! :P

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Not even the dragon balls last forever.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

How was the indie game show & tell, did you ask? Well, I wrote about it on my blog:

https://blog.helixsoft.nl/121/implicit-tutorials-notes-from-indie-game-show-tell/

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I've been helping a friend move for the past couple of weeks... Slowly move. Every few days my feet are killing me and once in a blue moon my whole body aches... Should be almost over. Our last day of helping should be tomorrow anyway.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I was so out of it, I thought yesterday was today, and took out my trash can. Brought it back in so it wouldn't be sitting out all day. Hopefully I'll remember to take it out tonight.

---
MiquelFire.red

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

If we leave trash out racoons (or groundhogs or opossums, all three of those are plenty in Columbus and I have a hard time telling them apart) will tear it up and distribute all over the yard :/

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I have a can, so they can't get to it.

---
MiquelFire.red

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

So I recently visited my grandmother in California. While I was there, I wanted to eat at my favorite Mongolian BBQ joint, but it was out of business. :( That's what you get for being gone for four years, I guess... But I found another Mongolian BBQ place that was pretty good. Not as good as the other, but still good. ;D

Go to: