Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

bamccaig said:

I just wish I had the missing pieces to make the big bucks.

The biggest missing piece tends to be dumb luck.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

From observing our CEO, I can tell you that's not true. There's a definite mindset and set of skills that leads to success with huge amounts of money, and I also lack those. Luckily he finds me useful for other reasons though :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I attempted to find a non-explicit image of homosexual-sexual activity to post here implying the reasons, but I failed to find a good one and probably gave Google the wrong impression about me in the process. I hope you're happy. :(

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Enjoy the targeted ads. ;D

Bump.

You guys like Sokoban? I've been hooked on it the past few days.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Sudoku here. It comes and goes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Oh my gosh... this thread is still going...

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It will be 2 years in September. :D This must be some kind of record for A.cc (moderators would normally have closed it by now!).

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Who are the mods anyway?

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

He's not a mod though; he's The Creator. :o

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Do you believe there's a Matthew Leverton, who has created this site, or has it just evolved from some meaningless junk of bits and bytes?

Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I believe in THE Matthew Leverton ^^

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I believe Matthew evolved from primordial Progranisms.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Serif fonts <3

I installed StyleBot in my Chrome so that I could make sites like Wikipedia and MSDN appear in a serif font. It makes the sites speak to me so much more and brightens my day.

--
The brxybrytl has you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

This site always existed. It was simply inaccessible until Matthew discoveredit by reciting the right incantation. It's not fully uncovered of course, as the incantation he has composed isn't perfect, but it seems he has lost interest in discovering the rest. :-[

Serif fonts <3

I installed StyleBot in my Chrome so that I could make sites like Wikipedia and MSDN appear in a serif font. It makes the sites speak to me so much more and brightens my day.

wat

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

So there's at least some kind of intelligent design involved?

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Everybody with a member number less than 4,000 should be a mod. This is no arbitrary number. Countless studies have shown that the first 4,000 members of any organization or community are its most senior.

From observing our CEO, I can tell you that's not true. There's a definite mindset and set of skills that leads to success with huge amounts of money, and I also lack those.

It sounds like you've found a good leader. You may want to stick with him.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Everybody knows the flying spaghetti coder created this site.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

The flying spaghetti coder pays my source code a visit whenever I code. :(

You guys aren't posting often enough. :'(

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

{"name":"blocking-the-couch-in-with-the-dishwasher-solid-move-21567437.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/6\/561d727f87675a748b0cd1ec50ce5e66.png","w":500,"h":522,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/6\/561d727f87675a748b0cd1ec50ce5e66"}blocking-the-couch-in-with-the-dishwasher-solid-move-21567437.png

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I just participated in four days of solid rehearsals, morning, afternoon and evening, culminating in a concert. It was the best orchestra I've ever played in, and it was exhausting but wonderful. Shame it was all in German :)

Four days without a post? I have an excuse. What's your excuse? ;)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

My. God.

-----sig:

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

bambams, presumably you got temporarily evicted by your own 'dishwasher' for posting that? ;)

Katko, your god is the reason you didn't post?

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Go to: