Thread locks too soon
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I bought it for £9.90 off eBay :)

Meanwhile I spent £90 on a flight that I could have spent £62 on if I'd known a week ago that I was able to go. On the plus side, the return flight (which I booked earlier) cost me €5. 8-)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

• must... not... get... into... a... debate... about... which... country... is... the... funny... one... *

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I've heard that Southern Michigan residents call Canadian money "funny money" because it's colorful (probably helps that it's worthless too). :)

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

I wished us a happy birthday :)

Ah, good! I noticed that at the time but thought that you were privy to someone else's birthday.

Quote:

The only solution to this tough decision is to not bother ordering it for now ;D join the Dark Side and pirate that scrumptious morsel! ... or get it on eBay. Whatever floats your boat.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

They charge flights (and extras) in the currency of the departure country.

Which screws British people over because they have always matched the fixed fees up as if €1 = £1. For example, the name change fee is €160 / £160. At least they use a real exchange rate when setting the base flight fares themselves - except when it's a special offer of £5 / €5 for a flight.

--
The brxybrytl has you.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

The Euro / Pound ratio is getting closer to parity though, so that's one advantage of Brexit...

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

TRUMP. Nothing more to add. >:(

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

They call it funny money because it's plastic and colorful.

Funny money is better than no money! ;D

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Can 'trump' mean 'fart' for you Americans? It certainly could where I grew up in Buxton.

Trump on Urban Dictionary

--
The brxybrytl has you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Somebody told me that the American people don't actually vote the president in, and that instead they're voting in "electors" in their state to vote for the president. And it's expected that the electors vote the way their state voted, but they aren't required to. Is this true? ??? And yet America goes around the world trying to force "democracy" on people?! Pot, meet kettle!!!!

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

CGP Grey said it, so it's probably true :)

video

Skip to 3:00.

Is America going around the world trying to force "democracy" on people? Hillary had an opportunity to install a "democracy" in Libya, and she consciously chose not to. Libya could have started recovering and gaining some quality of life, but instead, everyone is in danger there. Apparently.

[EDIT] Not exactly that, but this is related. But I'm too tired to read it properly :-/

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

bamccaig said:

Somebody told me that the American people don't actually vote the president in, and that instead they're voting in "electors" in their state to vote for the president. And it's expected that the electors vote the way their state voted, but they aren't required to. Is this true? ???

Yes.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

On your ballet does it have the names of your "electors" or does it have the parties/presidential candidates? ???

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The candidates being the electors or the presidential candidates?

I find that absolutely absurd. Who the Hell elected the electors then? ???

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

- That's the most stupid thing! People pick a president on the ballot, but that only picks an anonymous elector. How on earth can you talk about democr...
- It's constitutional.
- Okay then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

I'm just going to leave this here...

Supreme Loser said:

(Waiting for thread to lock, so I don't have to reply.)

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It sounds like it's all a sham anyway because the electors are chosen to match the popular vote, and apparently most states have laws in place requiring the electors to vote for the party that they represent (and the parties generally choose the electors knowing they will do so anyway). I don't imagine the parties would ever ask their electors to vote against the party, but I wonder if they could still use this power to elect the wrong candidate? I guess not unless another republican's name is on the ballot. Still, would the sabotage themselves if they decided they didn't like their candidate? I suppose.

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

"That's the most stupid thing!" - Johan Halmén

Too true. They've been talking of removing that aspect for years. The fact that the 'elector' can still vote for whomever they wish is idiocy.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

What's the point of having the electors at all? Either they can vote for whoever they wish and they undermine democracy, or they are required to vote for the same people the population did and it's a complete waste of time and resources.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

bamccaig said:

What's the point of having the electors at all?

Cus history?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_College_(United_States)#History

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Is it just me or are the "united" states about as far away from united as can be without civil war? :P

Append:

Besides, if historical reasons mattered, wouldn't you try to honor the original intent behind the system and enforce people voting for "electors" within their district instead of bastardizing the entire election process into this sham? If you throw away the district elections (which, for the record, is nearly how the Canadian systems works, albeit it has its flaws too) then you need to rethink the entire system because it doesn't make sense out of context.

'MERICA?

Go to: